• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the perks of darul kufr

all them muslims who moved here without compulsion will be held accountable

Comment

Originally posted by ShySalma View Post
      my imaan is so low aND i want to build it up. but i don't know where to start. do i stop talking to my cousin.
      Sister, start by making tawbah for your sins and ask for Allah's guidance. Ask Him to make you steadfast upon obedience to Him.

When you make tawbah, you need to fulfill the conditions of repentance such as regretting the sin, abandoning it, having the intention to not do it again and asking Allah to forgive you. After that, start with regularly doing good deeds like reading the Quran, listening to lectures about the akhirah, making dua, etc. The list goes on and on, but make sure these things become apart of your daily routine. Start with a little at a time and don't burn yourself out. Maybe try starting with not going to bed without reading from the Quran.

If your cousin is negatively influencing you, then it's better to stop associating with her. You need to make good friends who will encourage you to do good deeds. Ask Allah to help you find sisters to aid you in this.
      "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
      - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
      X