Friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends?

Assalamualaikum, I'm Ameerah a revert to Islam Alhamdulillah. I can't seem to make Muslimah friends at all😣
    I cut ties with alot of people when I reverted due to completely different lifestyles. I have 2 good friends who are not Muslim although they are amazing I need to make some friends who are in Deen who will keep me on the right path...I feel kinda silly writing this post but I'm sure alot of sisters have and have been in this situation.
    It would be lovely to hear from sisters on here and make some lovely friends for life In Shaa Allah.
    May Allah guide us all. 💓

Assalaamu alaikum sister, welcome to the forum!

Its tough enough making Muslim sister friends as someone born into a Muslim family, but I can't imagine how difficult it can be finding friends as a new Muslim.

In Islam, believers are allies and friends for one another. So to me, you're automatically my friend. Also have you heard the phrase "love for the sake of Allah"?

It means you love someone due to believing in Allah, and they too sharing that belief in Him.

Its soo different to regular friendships, because the Muslim friend is not bound to love you only for the earth's endurance.

The one who understands the rights of the other Muslim is the one who wants good for them in all matters, especially for their hereafter.

However, its true, and I'm helping you to know due to my love for you as my Muslim sister...not all Muslims are loving in this way, though its their obligation.

Don't be sad when the Muslims in the mosque aren't accommodating. Some people are selfish and aren't considerate of the special bonds that tie all believers.

Even on this forum, people can be rude and forget about the Prophet PBUH's teachings for manners.

Hold on, because above the love of the believer, is the love of Allah. And He is the greatest friend and protector of the believers.

Feel free to message me anytime on here dear sis xxx Lots of love and respect to you!

وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

walaykum salaam hopefully you'll make new friends on the forum and you might be lucky to live near some too

Comment

1 It was narrated from Abu Saeed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Do not keep company with anyone but a believer and do not let anyone eat your food but one who is pious.

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2395)and Abu Dawood (4832); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

2 It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: A man will follow the way of his close friends, so let one of you look to whom he takes as a close friend.

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2378) and Abu Dawood (4833). Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Comment

Walekum Assalam I'm pretty much in a similar position. It's probably because of where I live but I don't have any Muslimah friends either. I do hope you'll be able to make some good friends here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hussainax View Post
            Assalamualaikum, I'm Ameerah a revert to Islam Alhamdulillah. I can't seem to make Muslimah friends at all😣
            I cut ties with alot of people when I reverted due to completely different lifestyles. I have 2 good friends who are not Muslim although they are amazing I need to make some friends who are in Deen who will keep me on the right path...I feel kinda silly writing this post but I'm sure alot of sisters have and have been in this situation.
            It would be lovely to hear from sisters on here and make some lovely friends for life In Shaa Allah.
            May Allah guide us all. 💓
            Waalaykum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh, sister.

Please don't feel silly. Having friends who will remind you of Allah is a very important thing. It can really influence you for the better.

I'm also a revert and I was in a very similar position. I didn't have any friends for the first two years as a Muslim until I met my first on this forum. When I started getting involved in my local community, I met more sisters and made friends in real life. I didn't like being isolated, but I didn't know anyone I could relate to. I know it isn't a nice feeling.

The first thing you should do is make dua. Allah is the one who can facilitate this for you, and he knows of the sisters who are suitable for you.

Here's a dua you can make: Allahumma Yassirlee Jaleesan Salihan, اللّٰهُمَّ يَسِّرْلِيْ جَلِيْسًا صَالِحًا, O Allah! Bless me with a pious companion.

When I made this dua, I ended up meeting my best friend a couple days later. She's one of the greatest blessings in my life, alhamdulillah. I'm extremely grateful to have her as my friend. Allah is the Facilitator.

Have you tried going to the masjid and talking to sisters there? I think it might depend on where you go, but at least here, sisters are very friendly and welcoming. Maybe attend jumuah and strike up a conversation with someone there. Try to see if there are Arabic classes for sisters in your area. If you attend those, insha'Allah, you can improve on your Arabic skills and meet new people.
            Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 20-02-19, 03:47 PM.
            وَمَنْ أَعْرَضَ عَنْ ذِكْرِي فَإِنَّ لَهُ مَعِيشَةً ضَنْكًا

And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life.
            (Quran 20:124)

Comment

These days it seems really hard to make friends even for people who aren't converts or going through major life changes. Feel free to converse with people on here or you can PM me if you like.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
              X