Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think are some of the biggest problems facing the Ummah today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think are some of the biggest problems facing the Ummah today?

And what do you think are possible solutions to those problems? Though Islam in itself is the greatest solution to any problem.

Lack of wala wa'l bara
    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
      Lack of wala wa'l bara
      100%

Comment

Living everyday life without recognising and realising the existence of shaitan. Idk where I read it but, one of the greatest tricks of the devil was making people believe he doesn't exist. People don't pay attention and stay wary and alert of his presence.

Comment

Secularism
          Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

People focusing on reasons for division rather than reason for unity.

Comment

Divisions based on nationalism. I know that I had just made a thread about marriage and culture, but truly when I go to the mosque, look at my ethnic country's civil war past, see how some people are treated and segregate themselves in the Holiest lands - Makkah and Madina, then I see racism and nationalism rife.

Also, just lack of humility and lack of sympathy for anyone outside one's own family and loved ones. So much elitism or neglect through that, for the poor and weaker parts of our community.
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Also people calling other people Kafir lol... can't believe people are educated enough to use the internet but still throw around such accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaahM View Post
                  Also people calling other people Kafir lol... can't believe people are educated enough to use the internet but still throw around such accusations.
                  how about you study aqeedah before making comments

Comment

Originally posted by isaahm View Post
                    living everyday life without recognising and realising the existence of shaitan. Idk where i read it but, one of the greatest tricks of the devil was making people believe he doesn't exist. People don't pay attention and stay wary and alert of his presence.
                    this

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

how about you study aqeedah before making comments
                      Big scholar but sits on an online forum harassing kids lul

Comment

Big scholar but sits on an online forum harassing kids lul
                        im not a scholar
                        but when someone who thinks the general shia masses are muslim even though their aqeedah involves shirk and kufr someone has to say the truth
                        i wasnt harassing the sister at all infact i was saying it so she stays away from their books to protect her own imaan

Comment

I don't see the problem with this. If someone in a kafir, then what's wrong with calling them one?

Comment

The problem is sometimes people think they are educated enough and actually become ignorant. They think their way of thinking, their madhab and their maulana/alim is perfect in his knowledge and practice of Islam.

They start throwing accusations and insults at others when being corrected by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

im not a scholar
                              but when someone who thinks the general shia masses are muslim even though their aqeedah involves shirk and kufr someone has to say the truth
                              i wasnt harassing the sister at all infact i was saying it so she stays away from their books to protect her own imaan
                              Someone has to say the truth? And what is that truth? Is that truth that all the shias are kafir? So what even if they are? How do you know that is the truth? Are you God? Do you know what lies in the hearts of men?

A person may be committing sins his entire life and be one cubit away from hell-fire but then he will do good before he dies and then be granted Jannah. A person may do good deeds his ENTIRE life and then go to Hell because that's what was written in his destiny. That's what was decided before he was born. Who are you to go around calling people Kafir and judging them for their present deeds? Maybe one of the people you call kafir are destined Jannah and is beloved to Allah and you're calling them kafir. We are NOT allowed to judge any other person and call them names, especially those who believe in LA ILAHA ILLALLHA. For all your Islamic education and knowledge haven't you understood this much? Haven't you realised that even if we see a person committing a major sin today then we cannot call that person a sinner tomorrow because he may have repented at night and Allah has already forgiven him? With such self-righteous attitude and statements of pushing people away you do no good to the religion or to the Ummah or to the cause that Allah has put us in this world for.

Regarding the sister, she seemed wayyyy more educated than you and clearly explained herself as to why she was educating herself. In your patriarchal misogynist ignorant beliefs you thought that she needed to be "saved" by you? You tried to "protect" her iman? Clearly doesn't seem like her iman was in need of your saving or protection. And it really really didn't look like you helped her or protected her. More so you hurt her feelings. What will you do when you stand in front of Allah and all your good deeds turn to dust because you hurt someone who was beloved to Him?

I agree your intentions may have been on the right track, but I wish you had thought before arguing and creating unnecessary strife. As it is there's hardly anyone on this forum that tries to engage in meaningful conversation except a few (like you). May not have been clear, but I hope you get my point without taking offense because there was no offense given.

Comment

Working...
                              X