Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you eat at a place where they also sell pork?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

I meant food suitable for vegetarians. Like a fish burger or mcflurry. Which would fall under halal for Muslims even though it is not classified as that.
    I don't know about the ice-cream (need to look at the food colourings for one) but my understanding is all the items are fried in oil that passes through the same filtration system and therefore contamination occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

well sometimes youve got to go against the grain and do your own thing
      I don't have a problem with going against the grain. I have been able to do so in the past. But ive become more and more unsure about how i do things and if affects my judgement, although i understand.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I don't know about the ice-cream (need to look at the food colourings for one) but my understanding is all the items are fried in oil that passes through the same filtration system and therefore contamination occurs.
        Probably. You always hear people saying 'they do this' to justify why they think this branch is safe as if they have that knowledge.

Comment

im not sure what the ruling is on this but I like to avoid restaurants that also serve haram foods.

for one I can't trust them because all they care about is money, secondly why should I support them while they are serving haram foods

Comment

Originally posted by Bayna3 View Post
            im not sure what the ruling is on this but I like to avoid restaurants that also serve haram foods.

for one I can't trust them because all they care about is money, secondly why should I support them while they are serving haram foods
            I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

I don't have a problem with going against the grain. I have been able to do so in the past. But ive become more and more unsure about how i do things and if affects my judgement, although i understand.
              best to just avoid it if you can

Comment

If your iman is strong enough to make you give up worldly desire to such an extent then go for it. My dad wouldn't go to such places and never took us to such places, he'd even make us all get up and embarrassingly leave if he found out that the place served alcohol or pork.

But if your iman is weaker, then pray for stronger Iman and do what you must. May Allah guide us all to being strong in faith and character and iman so that we have the power to give up every worldly attachment and desire.

Comment

Working...
                X