Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenge (about women posting their pictures online)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge (about women posting their pictures online)

Okay here is my challenge:

Give one benefit of a woman posting her picture on social media.

This is usually done while smiling and wearing partial hijab.

And here is a question:

Why have the Muslims in the West completely abrogated veiling of the face (wearing niqab) from the Sharee'ah? Why do they treat it as an innovation in the religion, while in reality the least we can say is that it is recommended (mustahabb)?

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
    Okay here is my challenge:

Give one benefit of a woman posting her picture on social media.

This is usually done while smiling and wearing partial hijab.

And here is a question:

Why have the Muslims in the West completely abrogated veiling of the face (wearing niqab) from the Sharee'ah? Why do they treat it as an innovation in the religion, while in reality the least we can say is that it is recommended (mustahabb)?
    Son, please.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Son, please.
      Erm.... what?

Comment

People don't as such treat it as an innovation but a good deed that isn't compulsory, from most of the Muslims I know.

Lets not act as if sisters don't already face abuse and discrimination in wearing the veil and also the hijab.

I think women should only comment on this topic, as they knew the hardships, struggles of wearing the veil but also the good experiences of it, to share it and encourage others to wear the veil.

Its like men and beards, I don't feel comfortable advising on this topic...

وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
          People don't as such treat it as an innovation but a good deed that isn't compulsory, from most of the Muslims I know.

Lets not act as if sisters don't already face abuse and discrimination in wearing the veil and also the hijab.

I think women should only comment on this topic, as they knew the hardships, struggles of wearing the veil but also the good experiences of it, to share it and encourage others to wear the veil.

I am not convinced that all women in the West have to face abuse and hardship because of the hijab.

I am convinced, though, that most Muslims (save those brothers and sisters with special circumstances), if they preferred the Deen over their work, qualifications, and career, and they lived a lifestyle that suited their beard or hijab, they would have a much easier time.

But that is only for people who eeman takes over their heart. May Allah make us from them.

And we have wives who wear the face veil and all of that. We may face more fear (over them) than they do over themselves. So let's not go there either.

Comment

I am not convinced that all women in the West have to face abuse and hardship because of the hijab.

I am convinced, though, that most Muslims (save those brothers and sisters with special circumstances), if they preferred the Deen over their work, qualifications, and career, and they lived a lifestyle that suited their beard or hijab, they would have a much easier time.

But that is only for people who eeman takes over their heart. May Allah make us from them.

And we have wives who wear the face veil and all of that. We may face more fear (over them) than they do over themselves. So let's not go there either.
            Sorry but qualifications work careers are all important, everything needs to be done in balance.

Muslims rely on non-Muslims for technology and infrastructural access... if you can't balance deen over your dunya then that is an individual spiritual problem.

You can have wives and daughters but ultimately this issue should be left in the realm of women, and women ustadhs and scholars should lead discussions.
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

Sorry but qualifications work careers are all important, everything needs to be done in balance.

Muslims rely on non-Muslims for technology and infrastructural access... if you can't balance deen over your dunya then that is an individual spiritual problem.

You can have wives and daughters but ultimately this issue should be left in the realm of women, and women ustadhs and scholars should lead discussions.
              No. The Quran and Sunnah are clear. We don't need any biased people to come and interpret the texts to suit certain desires. This is wrong.

Balance is taken from the Sunnah. The Sunnah is balance in and of itself. It came to show us how to live.

it makes so sense to compromise in fulfilling obligations of the Deen to attain something in the dunya that is sometimes not even a need.

Anyway, this thread isn't about this issue. My OP is clear.
              Last edited by Abu Abdur_Rahman; 26-01-19, 09:28 AM.

Comment

No. The Quran and Sunnah are clear. We don't need any biased people to come and interpret the texts to suit certain desires. This is wrong.

Balance is taken from the Sunnah. The Sunnah is balance in and of itself. It came to show us how to live.

it makes so sense to compromise in fulfilling obligations of the Deen to attain something in the dunya that is sometimes not even a need.

Anyway, this thread isn't about this issue. My OP is clear.
                I was addressing your own points. If you are more religious Allah makes the dunya subservient to you. This we can probably agree on so I am gonna leave it at that.

Comment

There is no benefit in posting pictures online. Especially sisters, it invites men to dream about them and all sorts of creepiness. Naturally a man would want to stare once at least, unless he is some amazing pious individual- that's how it should be, instead of fancying them he should just feel shame for both the one that gazes and the one who poses.

Since the likes of Facebook and Instagram have become part of life, there have been new challenges people are facing such as mental illnesses (depression, eating disorders, anxiety etc).
                  People compare their life with what they see online.

I don't know what West you are talking about or why the West would be such a concern when the so called Muslim countries are dying to be like the West. Have you not seen the women and men there? They are as Western as it gets.

I went to a Muslim country in September and I was so shocked. You couldn't tell who is a Muslim or not.

​​​​​​
                  Here in the UK, we are leaving amongst non Muslims so it is much harder to stand firm so what excuse do the Muslims outside the West have?

​​​​​​I'm not justifying Muslims in the West but I don't like the whole only Western Muslims are a disgrace when the influence here is stronger.
                  ​​​​​​

Alhamdullilah sisters are embracing the niqab. Some locations are not easy, other locations are easier to wear the niqab.

When there are too many perverts out and about, obviously it makes more sense to wear a niqab because a dog will check out anything.

​​​​​​I can't say anything about the compulsory aspect of it.

Lowering the gaze is a major concern. People need to take it seriously.

If a sister covers herself she should understand it is only for her benefit and embrace that. Some sisters struggle and that's understandable. Other sisters neglect the hijab deliberately and that is there problem because everyone is accountable.
                  Last edited by Ya'sin; 26-01-19, 11:21 AM.
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

There is no such benefit, this includes niqabi woman, hijab woman with their face covered by an emoji, pictures from jalabib from the shoulders down, pictures of their skirt+shoes from the calves down... those that are accepted as halal type pictures... like if you see a woman profile pic of a jilbab even without face or from the back those are popular too, it is assumed thats an ahl sunnah woman ??
                    Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Its ruined the concept of hijab for those sisters who try to cover with some sincerity.

Comment

The number of times I've been told to stop wearing the niqab by Muslims is ridiculous. It's the liberals who are guilty of this. I've been told it's not apart of Islam and it was worn for sand, for cultural reasons, etc. One of the people who'd pester me about this heard their favorite speaker confirming that Aisha RA wore it as hijab and they continued to insist it isn't apart of Islam. These people do it to bow down to the desires of non-Muslims. They're pathetic.
                        "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
                        - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

The number of times I've been told to stop wearing the niqab by Muslims is ridiculous. It's the liberals who are guilty of this. I've been told it's not apart of Islam and it was worn for sand, for cultural reasons, etc. One of the people who'd pester me about this heard their favorite speaker confirming that Aisha RA wore it as hijab and they continued to insist it isn't apart of Islam. These people do it to bow down to the desires of non-Muslims. They're pathetic.
                          Yeah I agree that its pathetic that people want to water down islam, and I don't accept people insulting the niqab at all, as its a part of Islam. I just think its women's duty to encourage each other about the hijab

Comment

True i actually fear the muslims reaction more than the kuffar reaction to me wearing niqab
                            Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              There is no benefit in posting pictures online. Especially sisters, it invites men to dream about them and all sorts of creepiness. Naturally a man would want to stare once at least, unless he is some amazing pious individual- that's how it should be, instead of fancying them he should just feel shame for both the one that gazes and the one who poses.

Since the likes of Facebook and Instagram have become part of life, there have been new challenges people are facing such as mental illnesses (depression, eating disorders, anxiety etc).
                              People compare their life with what they see online.

I don't know what West you are talking about or why the West would be such a concern when the so called Muslim countries are dying to be like the West. Have you not seen the women and men there? They are as Western as it gets.

I went to a Muslim country in September and I was so shocked. You couldn't tell who is a Muslim or not.

​​​​​​
                              Here in the UK, we are leaving amongst non Muslims so it is much harder to stand firm so what excuse do the Muslims outside the West have?

​​​​​​I'm not justifying Muslims in the West but I don't like the whole only Western Muslims are a disgrace when the influence here is stronger.
                              ​​​​​​

Alhamdullilah sisters are embracing the niqab. Some locations are not easy, other locations are easier to wear the niqab.

When there are too many perverts out and about, obviously it makes more sense to wear a niqab because a dog will check out anything.

​​​​​​I can't say anything about the compulsory aspect of it.

Lowering the gaze is a major concern. People need to take it seriously.

If a sister covers herself she should understand it is only for her benefit and embrace that. Some sisters struggle and that's understandable. Other sisters neglect the hijab deliberately and that is there problem because everyone is accountable.
                              true
                              i even heard shocking stories of bangladeshi girls recently
                              (boys as well )

Comment

Working...
                              X