• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I apply islam into my borderline Huntington disorder life

Salam...

How do I apply islam into my life?...
    I have Huntington disease and borderline personality
    My Huntington makes me unable to perform salah wudu and fasting....
    I can't do anything anything about it

Can I be a Muslim without performing salah
    Since my Huntington disease is so extreme my focus goes away and I have arms and
    Leg movements that I don't control

Please don't blame jinn i have tried to see if it was a jinn...But no it wasn't

Please don't reply back with a comment about j inn and ruqyah......

I found a fatwa on islamq a allowing performance of prayers without wudu...
    if you just can't due to health reasons.....

​​​​​​It just doesn't seem pure enough if I pray without wudu...

With my borderline I'm always moody and can't have patience with angry outbursts

May Allaah ease the affairs of all Muslims

​​​​​​

Originally posted by Mariya52 View Post
    Salam...

Since my Huntington disease is so extreme my focus goes away and I have arms and

With my borderline I'm always moody and can't have patience with angry outbursts

Ofcourse you can be and should be Muslim.

Muslim just means the one who submitted his will to His Creator.

Your Creator knows you better than anyone. You think Allah (swt) doesnt know you cant do wudu, or you have this disease,
    it is a test from Allah and life is short.

In Islam we have a principle that if you cant do something completely, dont leave it completely.

Do your best.

Allah is appreciative of even small efforts.

To God is our final return, and with God is a immense reward.

May God make it easy for you and bless you, ameen.

Comment

Salam...

​​​​​​
      In general and without a valid excuse, abandoning prayer is kufr. You know the severity and hinderance that this disease places upon you so you may have a valid excuse not to perform prayer and such. A scholar should be consulted so you can have peace of mind. And Allah Knows Best.
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

I think I'm in a harsh reality if i still have to perform salah even though praying means to end all hope....

Comment

Assalaamu alaikum sis,

The best thing for ill people to do is to pray sitting down and to do tayammum, which is wiping ur face and hands with dust, and that counts as wudhu for the sick person.

If your arms move and shake just continue praying as Allah wont punish u or reject your salat just because you have an illness you can't control.

He is Kind (Ar-Ra'uf), The Subtle so knows your inner good intentions (Al-Lateef) and is Ar-Rahman, Ar-Raheem (The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful).

Don't give up hope in Him and the best way to boost ur connection to him is doing salaat, even if you have to sit down or even lie down while doing it.

PM me anytime sis xx
          Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 21-07-19, 02:33 AM.
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I think I'm in a harsh reality if i still have to perform salah even though praying means to end all hope....
            End all hope? Salah can't be the end of hope in this dunya if it is the hope that brings you to a good place in akhira, im sorry if i dont know the severity of your condition but how can salah end hope when ending salah would mean you're closed to comfort of this dunya a d further from the comfort in akhira
            Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Just to make a point about the obligation to perform prayer even in the most restricted cases. A sane Muslim who is paralyzed from the neck down would still have to make prayer with using his eyes to make raku and sujood. And obviously wudu is not a factor in his obligation.
              "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Laila has given some good advice sister. If you can't do the wudhu and wash properly, then the next best thing would be to pray using tayamum the way she described and if you have involuntary movements during prayer due to your condition, that does not invalidate your prayer. Allah (swt) knows your condition so would not expect you to be able to perform the conventional prayers in the conventional way. I also have a disability and can't do many of the prayer movements so I pray sitting or lying down and admittedly I haven't been well enough to do wudhu or ghusl for over a month either but I still do the prayer anyway. It doesn't feel as satisfying as being able to do a conventional prayer with ghusl, wudhu, ruku and sajood like I used to do before the health problems started, but that doesn't mean the salah is pointless. For years I didn't pray cos' I thought it's not valid or worth it if I can't do these actions but a wise brother convinced me to persevere with it anyway even though without the ghusl and all the movements it felt wrong but I reminded myself that it's still a fard regardless of whether it's done with khushu and gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling or whether it feels hollow and was mostly done with recited words and very few actions. My point is that if you can recite the prayers (or say them in your head if your voice is impaired) then even if you can't do the wudhu and actions, your prayer would still be valid and worth persisting with.

Having said that, if even that level of prayer is definitely impossible for you, then my point is just to say that Allah (swt) commands us to obey Him to the best of our ability and if He has removed that ability to pray entirely from you, then it's out of your hands and you are not at fault for missing the prayers. Just take this as a lay Muslim view because I am not a scholar BUT I do have a disability and know how much it encroaches on our ability to do things that other people take for granted. Do what's within your ability and if prayer is literally not within your ability then don't let anyone guilt trip you into thinking this makes you any less of a Muslim. Ignore any talk of the prayer being the difference between the believer and the kafir cos' such phrases do not apply in the context of what you're dealing with. Rather it makes more sense to refer to la howla wala quwatta illah billah: there is no strength or power except that which Allah gives you. That means if He gives you the power and strength to pray then you have a responsibility to pray and if He has taken that strength away from you altogether, then you cannot be expected to fulfil the fards that involve actions you're no longer able to carry out.

Anyone who tries to use your situation to guilt trip you or to berate you into thinking you're a lesser Muslim- well that just says more about their own ignorance than anything to do with you. In fact (although it DEFINITELY will not feel like it) there is hadith evidence that our hardships and illnesses serve as an expiation for our sins, meaning the greater our struggle with poor health, the more of our sins are forgiven and overlooked and stuff along those lines. It's important to remember that. I'm really sorry to hear you're going through this. Huntingtons is a b**ch of an illness, but as long as you have iman, hold on to that because it will hold open the door to the akhirah no matter what your symptoms are and no matter what they prevent you from doing.

Originally posted by Kaas View Post

End all hope? Salah can't be the end of hope in this dunya if it is the hope that brings you to a good place in akhira, im sorry if i dont know the severity of your condition but how can salah end hope when ending salah would mean you're closed to comfort of this dunya a d further from the comfort in akhira
                I think she means end all hope because she's lost the ability to pray so if anyone says that she'll sever her connection with being muslim if she stops praying then that will end all hope. Alhamdullilah Allah (swt) is most Merciful and would not be unjust to anyone.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

May Allaah give you all..jannatul firdaws

Ameen...

​​​​​​jazakh Allaah..khair to you all

Comment

Working...
                  X