Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters who work - Why do you do it instead of staying at home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

Why not? Why should women stay at home and not work? Islamically thereís nothing wrong with it. We are encouraged to seek a education and help the ummah. We need women nurses, doctors, teachers etc

everyoneís situation is different, some women stay at home. Some women prefer to work. Whatever we do, we still get judged.

what outcome was you hoping to achieve from this question?
    What do you think I was hoping to achieve?
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

yeah but have you got the beard to go with it.
      and a job.

Comment

Why not? Why should women stay at home and not work? Islamically thereís nothing wrong with it. We are encouraged to seek a education and help the ummah. We need women nurses, doctors, teachers etc

everyoneís situation is different, some women stay at home. Some women prefer to work. Whatever we do, we still get judged.

what outcome was you hoping to achieve from this question?
        Helping the ummah by working in kafir countries, benifitting their systems and paying taxes?

This is benifitting the ummah?

Peak of delusion

Not to mention most muslim women in west do NOT work as doctors and teachers

''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
          Lots of aunties in this thread
          don't you have nieces and nephews?

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

don't you have nieces and nephews?
            From cousins yes but I don't feel like an 'aunty'. Not that i have a problem with aunties. Never have.

Comment

• Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

Helping the ummah by working in kafir countries, benifitting their systems and paying taxes?

Peak of delusion

it helps when there are female professions
              muslim girls qualifying as teachers is so common, within my family, my distant relatives, neighbours, communities, tbh I think in every Bengali family there is one teacher

if they're not a teacher then they're something way better than the men

i'm sorry but this is the truth. why is it that some men are failing? where is their drive to feed their families? They would rather the wife go out and put food on the table. There is no determination from their part.

If we stay at home we get taunted for living for free, where do we go? we can't even rely on our father or husbands because then we would either be daddy's girls or a lazy housewife.

Correct me if i'm wrong, under the shariah a woman has the right to be totally dependent on her guardian, and if she doesn't have one then the state provides for her, no?

some men don't see it that way, they think, why should they have to work and pay to look after you

you are single now, once you get married it's likely you will want your wife to do some work and have her own cash, it's an advantage for you

Last edited by Ya'sin; 07-02-19, 03:38 PM.
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

From cousins yes but I don't feel like an 'aunty'. Not that i have a problem with aunties. Never have.
                I think as aunties and uncles we're still their role models or people they can learn from

why would you have a problem with aunties lol is just another member of the family

Comment

I think as aunties and uncles we're still their role models or people they can learn from

why would you have a problem with aunties lol is just another member of the family
                  I thought you were 'offended' y the lots of aunties comment.

totally, they have an influence in their nieces/nephews lives. Or at least a presence.

Comment

• Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

Peak of delusion

Yes it is. I donít know where you live but where I live thereís plenty of Muslims. And yes there are many female doctors and teachers.. Its not ideal to be here but do you suggest people do?

And like i said everyone situation is different some women have to work, because they have no one to provide for them. You might not think there benefitting the unmah, but at least there helping themselves and supporting their families. Maybe there not doctors and teachers, but they need to support themselves. I think you are delusional, thinking every Muslim woman are the same. Some donít have the luxury to stay at home.

Comment

muslim girls qualifying as teachers is so common, within my family, my distant relatives, neighbours, communities, tbh I think in every Bengali family there is one teacher

i'm sorry but this is the truth. why is it that some men are failing? where is their drive to feed their families? They would rather the wife go out and put food on the table. There is no determination from their part.

If we stay at home we get taunted for living for free, where do we go? we can't even rely on our father or husbands because then we would either be daddy's girls or a lazy housewife.

Correct me if i'm wrong, under the shariah a woman has the right to be totally dependent on her guardian, and if she doesn't have one then the state provides for her, no?

some men don't see it that way, they think, why should they have to work and pay to look after you

you are single now, once you get married it's likely you will want your wife to do some work and have her own cash, it's an advantage for you

Exactly, why donít men realise that some women canít afford to just sit at home. I donít see the point in this thread. Women donít have to sit here and justify why they work or not work.

Comment

and a job.
                        Relax auntie.

Comment

Exactly, why donít men realise that some women canít afford to just sit at home. I donít see the point in this thread. Women donít have to sit here and justify why they work or not work.
                          We do understand for some it's a real necessity, however, that's not the case for all.

Comment

I'm sorry but the truth is some women are failing. Now what you got to say?

Comment

Good for them

I hust don't get how they are benifitting the ummah, they are just normal people
                              ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Yes it is. I donít know where you live but where I live thereís plenty of Muslims. And yes there are many female doctors and teachers.. Its not ideal to be here but do you suggest people do?

And like i said everyone situation is different some women have to work, because they have no one to provide for them. You might not think there benefitting the unmah, but at least there helping themselves and supporting their families. Maybe there not doctors and teachers, but they need to support themselves. I think you are delusional, thinking every Muslim woman are the same. Some donít have the luxury to stay at home.
                                If you really want to do something you will find 100 reasons to do so.

'Some don't have the luxury to stay home' is a common argument

The problem is it is not just them 'some' working, it is the vast majority.

Comment

Working...
                                X