Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why cant christians and muslims be friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why cant christians and muslims be friends?

Hello!

I am a christian woman married to a muslim man. Recently i posted a couple of questions and I got a lot if scrutiny for being christian and people saying we cant be married and such.

I have looked it up and it clearly says that muslims can marry christians as long as the kids are raised muslim. So what is the big deal? Why so much hate?

Originally posted by EmilyTheFlower View Post
    ...I got a lot if scrutiny for being christian and people saying we cant be married and such...
    Please post the links to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
      Please post the links to this.
      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...nd-no-more-lol

A lot of people just criticized our relationahip instead of giving advice.

Comment

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...nd-no-more-lol

A lot of people just criticized our relationahip instead of giving advice.
        12 posts in that thread, 3 of them yours.

Please point out the 'lot of people' that criticised your relationship.

Comment

Hello!

I have looked it up and it clearly says that muslims can marry christians as long as the kids are raised muslim. So what is the big deal? Why so much hate?
          If you call that hate then don't come on the internet and engage with strangers. There is literally no hate in that thread. Maybe people going off topic but no hate...

Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Well that might be the rule for muslim wives haha, is it the same for Christian? I dont think it is. I generally agreed to live by his rules when we got married but i guess im a little flustered.
            Christian women have to obey their husbands too..
            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

12 posts in that thread, 3 of them yours.

Please point out the 'lot of people' that criticised your relationship.
              Abu 'Abdullaah is on the case.

Comment

sorry if i or anyone else seemed offensive

it was not directed at you
                but we were generally speakin about interfaith marriages
                and observations we have seen of them from the past

Comment

yes generally Christian women can marry muslim men as long as they are chaste

in some cases it differs and me and another member were talking about those cases where muslim scholars spoke about those cases

this was not to do with your marriage and as long as your a christiam who worships God then hopefully your marriage is valid

Comment

i would advice you sincerely look into Islam and consider becoming a muslim
                    not because of your husband but for your self
                    look into the religion and see for your self what it says
                    read the quran and look into the religion if u want paradise after death
                    also if u have any misconceptions about the religion you can always ask here

another point as your children get older and also if your husband starts becoming more religious life will be abit hard as you will have alot of differences to their lifestyle
                    and kids look up to their parents learn from them depend on then and get help from them
                    if your kids are muslim but you arent it will make it alot harder for them to be practising muslims

i have a relative who is in an interfaith marriage
                    his kids are suppose to be muslim i say suppose as i would not consider them muslim the way they were when i saw them last

i also knew 2 kids in school who had parents in an interfaith marriage and same as the above suppose to be muslim but shows no faith

so look into islam if u want paradise
                    if you want your kids to be true muslims and u want paradise for them
                    and if u want an even better relationship with your husband in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                      i would advice you sincerely look into Islam and consider becoming a muslim
                      not because of your husband but for your self
                      look into the religion and see for your self what it says
                      read the quran and look into the religion if u want paradise after death
                      also if u have any misconceptions about the religion you can always ask here

another point as your children get older and also if your husband starts becoming more religious life will be abit hard as you will have alot of differences to their lifestyle
                      and kids look up to their parents learn from them depend on then and get help from them
                      if your kids are muslim but you arent it will make it alot harder for them to be practising muslims

i have a relative who is in an interfaith marriage
                      his kids are suppose to be muslim i say suppose as i would not consider them muslim the way they were when i saw them last

i also knew 2 kids in school who had parents in an interfaith marriage and same as the above suppose to be muslim but shows no faith

so look into islam if u want paradise
                      if you want your kids to be true muslims and u want paradise for them
                      and if u want an even better relationship with your husband in the future
                      Hey thank you for the information.

I just want my kids to believe in God and have a good faith. So i think islam would be just fine for that as well as christianity would.

do you have any recommendations to research. I am not like a good researcher or anything i barely passed uni :(.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                        ...also if u have any misconceptions about the religion you can always ask here...
                        Wonderful!

Are you personally taking up this responsibility?

Comment

Hey thank you for the information.

I just want my kids to believe in God and have a good faith. So i think islam would be just fine for that as well as christianity would.

do you have any recommendations to research. I am not like a good researcher or anything i barely passed uni :(.
                          Have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions
                          Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Wonderful!

Give credit where credit is due. I know the bro can be a bit blunt in his interactions with non muslims but Alhamdulilah I think he handled himself well here
                            Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Wonderful!

for my own actions yes

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X