Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filth on TV in a family home

A.o.A

Just wondering how many of you guys have TVs at home if you live at home with your parents, wife or children ?

I am concerned that from the 1000 or so channels only around 5 or 10 or so are barely appropriate to watch.

While i am away working my wife and mother and kids are likely to spend time watching Pakistani/Indian Soaps which teach them nothing
    but evil, cunning, love affairs, in the name of entertainment.

They are becoming so obsessed watching this filth that sometimes they argue with me when i want to change the channel to check the news or some animal
    wildlife documentary.

Am i being extreme in wanting to remove the TV altogether ? There is literally no benefit to having a TV, the news and weather i can check on my phone. Even the so called Islam channel contains music and uncovered women from time to time. It does nothing to boost imaan thats for sure.

It is a like a slow-drip poison which makes us numb to greater degrees of nudity, evil and all sorts of filth.

Where do you guys draw the line in your household ?

remove it if u can

Comment

I wouldn't have a TV either in my household.

Comment

Originally posted by murad View Post
        A.o.A

Just wondering how many of you guys have TVs at home if you live at home with your parents, wife or children ?

I am concerned that from the 1000 or so channels only around 5 or 10 or so are barely appropriate to watch.

While i am away working my wife and mother and kids are likely to spend time watching Pakistani/Indian Soaps which teach them nothing
        but evil, cunning, love affairs, in the name of entertainment.

They are becoming so obsessed watching this filth that sometimes they argue with me when i want to change the channel to check the news or some animal
        wildlife documentary.

Am i being extreme in wanting to remove the TV altogether ? There is literally no benefit to having a TV, the news and weather i can check on my phone. Even the so called Islam channel contains music and uncovered women from time to time. It does nothing to boost imaan thats for sure.

It is a like a slow-drip poison which makes us numb to greater degrees of nudity, evil and all sorts of filth.

Where do you guys draw the line in your household ?
        As the head of the household with regards to your wife and kids then you should have the upperhand.

Also I think it depends on how much Islam is practiced by you and your family. Do they pray and observe hijab because if they do it should be slighlty easier to explain why you disagree with what they watch. Teach them.why if they do not know.

The other thing is if you do get rid of the TV people have access to all that stuff on their phones and laptops nowadays. If they know the reasons why they should avoid such stuff then they should not be tempted to watch on phones etc either. They need to have that fear of Allah swt.

Do dua for your family too and hope you find a solution.
        Last edited by Mintchocchip; 25-12-18, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Aside from sports, I would have no reason to have a tv in my future home. The problem with watching football is, the cameras tend to cut away between plays onto cheerleaders or fans(with women in the crowd)...which really, it's easy to just avoid staring at the tv once a play has ended until you hear them starting again.

Comment

Remove it, even on the neas theres inaproptiate behavior and even on animal wildlife there will be music, theres very little benefit in tv

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
              Aside from sports, I would have no reason to have a tv in my future home. The problem with watching football is, the cameras tend to cut away between plays onto cheerleaders or fans(with women in the crowd)...which really, it's easy to just avoid staring at the tv once a play has ended until you hear them starting again.
              Even sports have men exposing their awrah whilst navel to the knees is supposed to be covered.

Take Football for example.

Most men think nothing of it
              ​​​​
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Even sports have men exposing their awrah whilst navel to the knees is supposed to be covered.

​​​​
                I watch American football,the players are fully covered. I don't care about soccer.

Comment

​​​​
                  you tell people not to watch football
                  but argue for taking other than Allah as a legislator

get your priorities straight

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

you tell people not to watch football
                    but argue for taking other than Allah as a legislator

get your priorities straight
                    Completely avoided the fact that watching men who expose their awrah for entertainment is not permitted, and went to your old mass Takfir mode, typical.

I explained this to you before, so instead of twisting what I said, why don't you say what I said?

1. I did not deny that allah عز و جل is the legislator.

2. A Kaafir is gonna rule over you, wether you vote or not.

3. The permissibility of voting lies with taking the above point into consideration and choosing the lesser of the Islamophobic kaafir to rule over you.

Comment

I watch American football,the players are fully covered. I don't care about soccer.
                      Yeah I was referring to Soccer,

جزاك الله خيرا

Comment

Aside from video games and sports, most people don't use TVs as much as before at least when it comes to traditional programing. Now people use Netflix or Chromecast, FireSticks, etc... And even if you remove the TV you could just go on your computer and do the same thing.

Soccer is so much better though...
                        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                        [2:186]

.:.
                        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Completely avoided the fact that watching men who expose their awrah for entertainment is not permitted, and went to your old mass Takfir mode, typical.

I explained this to you before, so instead of twisting what I said, why don't you say what I said?

1. I did not deny that allah عز و جل is the legislator.

2. A Kaafir is gonna rule over you, wether you vote or not.

3. The permissibility of voting lies with taking the above point into consideration and choosing the lesser of the Islamophobic kaafir to rule over you.

Allah said legislation is only for Allah
                          so worship only him

if your helping the legislation of other than Allah
                          then your worshipping other than Allah
                          thats shirk

Allah said you wish to refer legislation to the taghut
                          when you was ordered to reject it

your not rejecting it your referring to it

ive brought daleel to show its impermissable which many scholars have also used when it comes to legislation

you bring daleel to say its permissable

not follow a shaykhs fatwa without daleel

i dont make mass takfir
                          and even if i did the number of people being takfirred on is not a condition of whether its permissable or not

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Allah said legislation is only for Allah
                            so worship only him

if your helping the legislation of other than Allah
                            then your worshipping other than Allah
                            thats shirk

Allah said you wish to refer legislation to the taghut
                            when you was ordered to reject it

your not rejecting it your referring to it

ive brought daleel to show its impermissable which many scholars have also used when it comes to legislation

you bring daleel to say its permissable

not follow a shaykhs fatwa without daleel

i dont make mass takfir
                            and even if i did the number of people being takfirred on is not a condition of whether its permissable or not

We went through this several times, by your own argument your helping the kaafir by not voting and allowing him to legislate over you.

You keep repeating Allah عز و جل is the legislator like its supposed to be news.

Were talking about living under kaafir rule,

Your choice is to let any old kaafir legislate over you.

I agree with the permissibility to choose a less Islamophobic kaafir to rule.

Either way, your in the same boat.

You have serious comprehension issues, I gave you the benefit of doubt, but its clear that your a crazed Takfiri who ignores reality and the consequences of his own actions /inactions.

You did make mass Takfir by claiming its Shirk Akbar to vote.

The fact that you cant accept the consequences of your claims indicates some serious issues upstairs.
                            Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 28-12-18, 11:12 PM.

Comment

We went through this several times, by your own argument your helping the kaafir by not voting and allowing him to legislate over you.

You keep repeating Allah عز و جل is the legislator like its supposed to be news.

Were talking about living under kaafir rule,

Your choice is to let any old kaafir legislate over you.

I agree with the permissibility to choose a less Islamophobic kaafir to rule.

Either way, your in the same boat.

You have serious comprehension issues, I gave you the benefit of doubt, but its clear that your a crazed Takfiri who ignores reality and the consequences of his own actions /inactions.

You did make mass Takfir by claiming its Shirk Akbar to vote.

The fact that you cant accept the consequences of your claims indicates some serious issues upstairs.
                              first of all we base whats permissable on daleel
                              aql comes after all this logic stuff is secondary

second of all you make no sense

your saying someone sitting down doing nothing wrong
                              who has the power to do nothing
                              is committing a sin

if thats the case then all the muslims in makkah were sinful for letting the quraysh rule the land with the pagan laws when the muslims resided in makkah

makes no sense of course not
                              and no aalim has ever saw what u said to refute voting being haram or shirk

second of all just because something is shirk
                              does not mean u have made mass takfir

look into takfir mutlaq and takfir muayn
                              matters of aslu deen
                              ma3loom minadeen biddaroorah
                              masaail khaffiya
                              masaail dhaahiriya

then youl understand
                              and stop taking matters of aqeedah from asharis

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X