No announcement yet.

Why is make up so popular?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idk women are different to men so we shouldn't really limit our access to adornments. We can enjoy them in permitted spaces.

Make-up is fun and I compare it to wearing gold and jewellery, but also nice clothing for men. We are allowed to beautify ourselves but scorning on people who don't isn't right or allowed

From 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud radiallahu 'anhu who said that the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "No one will enter Paradise who has an atom's weight of pride in his heart." A man said, "What if a man likes his clothes to look good and his shoes to look good?" He said, "Allah is beautiful and loves beauty. Pride means denying the truth and looking down on people." [Related by Muslim #131]

In Sunan At-Tirmidhi it says, "Allah loves to see the effects of His blessing on His slave.'' [#2963. At-Tirmidhi said it was hasan sahih] It was reported that Abu'l-Ahwas al-Jashami said the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam saw him wearing old, tattered clothes, and asked him, "Do you have any wealth?" I said, "Yes." He said, "What kind of wealth?" I said, "All that Allah has given me of camels and sheep." He said, "Then show the generous blessings that He has given you." [Sahih: Related by Ahmad #15323, at-Tirmidhi #1929 and an-Nisa'i #5128]
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      idk women are different to men so we shouldn't really limit our access to adornments. We can enjoy them in permitted spaces.

Make-up is fun and I compare it to wearing gold and jewellery, but also nice clothing for men. We are allowed to beautify ourselves but scorning on people who don't isn't right or allowed

From 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud radiallahu 'anhu who said that the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "No one will enter Paradise who has an atom's weight of pride in his heart." A man said, "What if a man likes his clothes to look good and his shoes to look good?" He said, "Allah is beautiful and loves beauty. Pride means denying the truth and looking down on people." [Related by Muslim #131]

In Sunan At-Tirmidhi it says, "Allah loves to see the effects of His blessing on His slave.'' [#2963. At-Tirmidhi said it was hasan sahih] It was reported that Abu'l-Ahwas al-Jashami said the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam saw him wearing old, tattered clothes, and asked him, "Do you have any wealth?" I said, "Yes." He said, "What kind of wealth?" I said, "All that Allah has given me of camels and sheep." He said, "Then show the generous blessings that He has given you." [Sahih: Related by Ahmad #15323, at-Tirmidhi #1929 and an-Nisa'i #5128]
      You're very right.

I just don't feel most environments allow women to wear make up when they are trying to follow what Islam says. And people say you can still wear it, but maybe if you wear niqab otherwise, realistically you either wear it or you don't 95% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post

You're very right.

I just don't feel most environments allow women to wear make up when they are trying to follow what Islam says. And people say you can still wear it, but maybe if you wear niqab otherwise, realistically you either wear it or you don't 95% of the time.
        so then once in a while do womens only events or social gathering and let them do what they want etc

if women start to like it maybe then they will use less make up outside infront of non mehram

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

so then once in a while do womens only events or social gathering and let them do what they want etc

if women start to like it maybe then they will use less make up outside infront of non mehram
          Can't think of anyone who would be so interested in womens only events for a specific reason-wearing make up. Some just gracefully accept how things are. Also how do people get to these events wearing make up? Like i said it is usually unrealistic especially on this level.

It sounds like a great idea but in reality weddings, eid will take the wearing make up crown, regardless of islamic rules.

Comment

Can't think of anyone who would be so interested in womens only events for a specific reason-wearing make up. Some just gracefully accept how things are. Also how do people get to these events wearing make up? Like i said it is usually unrealistic especially on this level.

It sounds like a great idea but in reality weddings, eid will take the wearing make up crown, regardless of islamic rules.
            i know plenty of family who every year go to a womens event and dress up etc
            they enjoy it

you can cover up using jilbaab and niqaab to get to the specified place

can also be social gatherings in houses not a proper event

that will also get young women to dress up eith family and friends and not feel loss of confidence and self esteem and feel the need to put make up on infront of non mehrams who then compliment them (specifically talking about the young teens who do this)

Comment

At the sisters' gatherings women, normally make themselves beautified and end of the event wash their make up away.
              No need to go outside with make-up on.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

i know plenty of family who every year go to a womens event and dress up etc
                they enjoy it

you can cover up using jilbaab and niqaab to get to the specified place

can also be social gatherings in houses not a proper event

that will also get young women to dress up eith family and friends and not feel loss of confidence and self esteem and feel the need to put make up on infront of non mehrams who then compliment them (specifically talking about the young teens who do this)
                I guess it is effective if your social circle also has the same attitude towards it.

Comment

Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
                  At the sisters' gatherings women, normally make themselves beautified and end of the event wash their make up away.
                  No need to go outside with make-up on.
                  Never heard of these gatherigs but sounds nice for those that go.

Comment

Its not just about how you look. Sometimes about how you feel, if you feel ugly as a person make up actually helps you to show it less. Don't confuse it with masking a problem.. this is when you are aware and working on it at the same time.

Comment

Its not just about how you look. Sometimes about how you feel, if you feel ugly as a person make up actually helps you to show it less. Don't confuse it with masking a problem.. this is when you are aware and working on it at the same time.
                      I didn't understand any of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X