Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muslim friendly areas to move to (London, UK)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Muslim friendly areas to move to (London, UK)



    Been a while since I've posted here.

    Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in (apologies if it isn't).

    I am currently living with my parents in East London (I grew up here). I am looking to move out soon and was looking for advice on which areas I should consider. I am currently looking for a property in Romford, Dagenham, Barking and beyond - I know these areas don't have the best of reputations but they're probably the only areas I can afford at the moment.

    I was looking at some houses in Harold Hill. Is anyone familiar with this area? From what I've seen online, it looks like they don't have a full time masjid at the moment.

    Alternatively which other areas should I consider looking at? Specifically those that have some sort of a muslim community (however small it maybe).


  • #2
    wa alaykumus salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

    You may have genuine reasons you have to stay in London, but same advice I give everyone asking these sort of questions, and complaining that london is either too expensive and / or dodgy place to live, why not just move out of London?
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
      wa alaykumus salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
      You may have genuine reasons you have to stay in London, but same advice I give everyone asking these sort of questions, and complaining that london is either too expensive and / or dodgy place to live, why not just move out of London?
      I spent a long time considering moving out of London. Looked into Leicester but the lack of jobs and having to take a pay cut puts me off.

      Comment


      • #4
        tower hamlets, manor park, ilford, stratford, forestgate, finsbury park, turnpike lane, bruce grove,edmonton,ponders end,cricklewood,latymer road, acton, brixton,lewisham

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wisdom-17 View Post

          I spent a long time considering moving out of London. Looked into Leicester but the lack of jobs and having to take a pay cut puts me off.
          I am not saying this is you, but so many people have a hang up on getting a good job with a good salary, they are then unwilling to move elsewhere even if the lower cost of living meant more money overall even with a pay cut.
          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

          www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
            tower hamlets, manor park, ilford, stratford, forestgate, finsbury park, turnpike lane, bruce grove,edmonton,ponders end,cricklewood,latymer road, acton, brixton,lewisham
            Add to that... Tooting, Streatham, Norbury...Moving further away from Central London, but Croydon. All these areas have a lot of Muslims and masaajid, halaal food places, butchers.
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
            -------------------------------
            "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
            NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

            Comment


            • #7
              Wa alaikum salaam,

              May be consider Southall in addition to those mentioned above?
              Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by niqaabi_nusrat View Post
                Wa alaikum salaam,

                May be consider Southall in addition to those mentioned above?
                isnt that just sikhs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

                  isnt that just sikhs
                  No, although there are alot of them there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    harrow

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dontknowname View Post
                      harrow
                      harrow southhall bare mushriks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

                        harrow southhall bare mushriks
                        hahaha yeah its not as homogeneous as other palces, but decent place

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X