Dua and advice for getting my husband to my country

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dua and advice for getting my husband to my country

Assalamu alaykum. Well, Iíd like to have some advice regarding me and my husbands situation. I have been trying to get my husband inside my country for about 5 years, because the economic situation in my husbandís country unfortunately makes it very difficult to start a life there. We have been trying everything from applying for tourist visa to working permission because he got a job offer here. However none of them have been accepted (the working permission keeps getting refused because he hasnít succeed the language test in my countryís language. Family reunion can be applied for when Iím 24 (thatís a rule in my country and Iím only 23), but a requirement for the family reunion is that he has been visiting the country, and as mentioned before, they keep refusing the tourist visa because they claim that thereís a risk that heíll stay in my country (whaaat???). So I have started to wonder if thereís anything extra I can do: Is there any dua I can say to increase our chances? Iím scared that Allah swt is not satisfied with me as I have not been practicing as much as I should during the past couple of years because of the stress this whole situation has brought to me. Iíd like to do something extra to make him satisfied with me again and I hope that this can help on our situation as well. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Last edited by irorafae; 28-11-18, 09:31 AM.

Originally posted by irorafae View Post
    Assalamu alaykum. Well, Iíd like to have some advice regarding me and my husbands situation. I have been trying to get my husband inside my country for about 5 years, because the economic situation in my husbandís country unfortunately makes it very difficult to start a life there. We have been trying everything from applying for tourist visa to working permission because he got a job offer here. However none of them have been accepted (the working permission keeps getting refused because he hasnít succeed the language test in my countryís language. Family reunion can be applied for when Iím 24 (thatís a rule in my country and Iím only 23), but a requirement for the family reunion is that he has been visiting the country, and as mentioned before, they keep refusing the tourist visa because they claim that thereís a risk that heíll stay in my country (whaaat???). So I have started to wonder if thereís anything extra I can do: Is there any dua I can say to increase our chances? Iím scared that Allah swt is not satisfied with me as I have not been practicing as much as I should during the past couple of years because of the stress this whole situation has brought to me. Iíd like to do something extra to make him satisfied with me again and I hope that this can help on our situation as well. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    wa alaykumus salaam,

Your situation sounds horrible, being separated like that from your husband and don't know how to fix the legal situation, but here are some ideas on helping yourself in terms of deen, which will in turn help you in the rest of your life.

You admit to trying anything to getting him into the country, including it seems lying on the visa applications, sorry if I read that wrong but that seems to be what you're saying so why would Allah help you under such circumstances?

As for not practicing as much as you could, that describes everyone but one thing I will say is own your mistakes, don't blame it on stress, or a job, or family, or something else. Own it. You didn't practice enough because of you. So sort yourself out, stop expecting the world to bend around you to make life easier or ideal and only then you'll be okay because life and the world is not like that.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post

wa alaykumus salaam,

Your situation sounds horrible, being separated like that from your husband and don't know how to fix the legal situation, but here are some ideas on helping yourself in terms of deen, which will in turn help you in the rest of your life.

You admit to trying anything to getting him into the country, including it seems lying on the visa applications, sorry if I read that wrong but that seems to be what you're saying so why would Allah help you under such circumstances?

As for not practicing as much as you could, that describes everyone but one thing I will say is own your mistakes, don't blame it on stress, or a job, or family, or something else. Own it. You didn't practice enough because of you. So sort yourself out, stop expecting the world to bend around you to make life easier or ideal and only then you'll be okay because life and the world is not like that.
      I have not been lying in any of the visa applications, I donít know where you have read that. Iím sorry if I havenít been clear in my post. Sometimes I feel hard to express myself properly because English isnít my usual language. However youíre right that I should stop blaming the stress or anything else. Thatís a good place to start and exactly why I made this post: because Iíd like to change and start doing something extra to make Allah swt more satisfied with me.

Comment

Working...
      X