Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every day I wish to start wearing hijab...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every day I wish to start wearing hijab...

Assalamu alaykum everyone. Iím not quite sure if I have posted this at the right place, but Iíll try anyway. Iím a danish revert since 2012, alhamdulillah. When I first reverted to Islam I started to wear the hijab a short time after which turned out to be a nightmare for me. In that time I was 16 years old, and my family who already felt very hard to accept my change of religion felt even harder to accept that I started to wear the hijab. After some time of struggling I ended up taking off the hijab again. However now, about 6 years later my family have accepted my choice more than ever before (well Iím very good at not showing my practicing to anyone, which Iím sure makes it much easier for them to handle). In addition I have a stable work where I have been working for the past 2 years and Iím married to my husband who currently isnít living in the same country as me. Well my life seems good despite that everything wouldíve been much better if I had my husbandís support next to me everyday, but Iím trying to keep my strength high despite the situation. The problem is that everyday when I wake up I feel very empty inside. I feel that my life isnít complete: I wish to wear the hijab, but doesnít seem to have strength enough to start doing it even though my lifeís much better today than it was 6 years ago. Iím sorry if this is going to be a very long text, but things are hard to explain if you donít get all the details. My family is a very correct danish family, and things like the hijab is more than they can tolerate. This makes it very difficult for me, as itís always hard to not be accepted for the one you wish to be. Well deep inside I know that thereís no such right time for the hijab. It is always better to wear it than not to wear it. So today I told my boss that I have thought about starting to wear the hijab, and unfortunately he didnít like the idea at all even though heíís a Muslim too. He doesnít think that costumers will come to his shop if the seller is a woman who wears the hijab. When Iím already in a situation where IĎm doubting a lot about myself, it doesnít help me to know that Iím going to lose my job if I do it. So my family and my work may be the biggest problems. Or is it in reality myself whoís the biggest problem? Usually Iím not sharing my problems with a lot of people as Iím a very shy person, but because this is so close to my heart I feel hard to just ignore it. I love the hijab, but my quiet personality feel hard to take the last step and defy the poeple around me. Does anyone have some advice? I really hope that this has not been a too long text to read, words were just flying out from me, sorry.
    Last edited by irorafae; 12-11-18, 05:29 PM.

I am a revert like yourself and let me give you a bit of advice because I went through the same problems with my friends and family at the time of me embracing Islam. It is difficult to appease them and abide by the laws of Islam. At some point you will have to come to the conclusion that you are a Muslim first and then a daughter to your parents. You are a servant of Allah before you are their daughter. And there is no obedience to the creation in disobedience to the Creator. And it is unfortunate that not even your Muslim boss supports you in this but is only looking at the dunya aspect of losing customers and money. Wearing hijab in non Muslim countries can be hard for some sisters. Perhaps the sisters here can give you some advice on that aspect. May Allah Azza wa Jal make things easy for you. Ameen.
    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullah sis.

Do you live with your parents? If you don't, then couldn't you wear it and then just take it off when you go to visit them? It's a shame that your muslim boss is making a big deal out of it. May Allah guide him and your family amen. It has become more easier to be hired with a hijab now a days though. I'm sure you'll be able to find another job in case your boss won't have it, right?
      رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Thank you a lot for your replies which was both very helpful. Baraka Allahu feekum. I will definitely look for another job because Iím sure that thereís better options for me out there which is not leading me in the wrong direction when it comes to Islam. I hope that Iíll gain strength enough to take the final step soon in shaa Allah.
        Last edited by irorafae; 13-11-18, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X