Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you paid off your debt?

Assalamu alaikum,

Everyone knows that you can't enter Jannah if you have debt so I was wondering how did you paid off your debt, any advise? I am a shopaholic, I keep buying things which I don't use, I waste too much. I am thinking of contacting a debt charity, they normally advise to pay monthly amount you can afford. After I have paid my debt I will stop huge spending. What is best way to pay off debt or what worked for you?
    Last edited by ThisIsJannah; 23-10-18, 05:54 PM.

Have you tried this dua? What kind of things you buy?

https://www.searchtruth.com/dua/index.php?dua=76

Comment

Originally posted by Muz1234 View Post
      Have you tried this dua? What kind of things you buy?

https://www.searchtruth.com/dua/index.php?dua=76
      I know this dua, I buy books, clothes, gadgets, expensive food, one book I brought recently for £100.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisIsJannah View Post
        Assalamu alaikum,

Everyone knows that you can't enter Jannah if you have debt so I was wondering how did you paid off your debt, any advise? I am a shopaholic, I keep buying things which I don't use, I waste too much. I am thinking of contacting a debt charity, they normally advise to pay monthly amount you can afford. After I have paid my debt, I will close down all of my credit cards and top huge spending. What is best way to pay off debt or what worked for you?
        Are you paying interest? It's not only about being in debt, you've borrowed money off credit cards. Thats even more worrying..
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

I know this dua, I buy books, clothes, gadgets, expensive food, one book I brought recently for £100.
          £100? Which book was it?

Comment

Muslim narrated that Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) cursed the one who consumes riba, the one who pays it, the one who writes it down and the two who witness it, and he said: “They are all the same.”

: Allah has forbidden riba and has issued a stern warning against it. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who eat riba will not stand (on the Day of Resurrection) except like the standing of a person beaten by Shaytan (Satan) leading him to insanity…

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

£100? Which book was it?
              Maybe it was the Chanel coffee table book or all the Harry Potter books, limited edition ones..

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

Are you paying interest? It's not only about being in debt, you've borrowed money off credit cards. Thats even more worrying..
                I can't tell you if I receive or pay interest because Allah doesn't forgives if you tell your sins to others. Yes I agree paying interest is of the worst sin you can do. I grew up in non-muslim area and I didn't know much about islam then so I didn't realize how bad interest based products are.

Comment

I can't tell you if I receive or pay interest because Allah doesn't forgives if you tell your sins to others. Yes I agree paying interest is of the worst sin you can do. I grew up in non-muslim area and I didn't know much about islam then so when I took out a credit card I didn't realize how bad it is.
                  Wwhats taking out a credit card got to do with partaking in riba? That's no excuse

The fear alone of taking riba should make you stop. What void are you filling when you over spend? Reflect on that, go for a walk or go to the gym when you have the urge to shop

"Riba has seventy three gates, the least of them is like a man who fornicates with his mother. And verily, the worst of riba is the Muslim's honor." (al-Hakim) And he also said, "A dirham that a man spends knowing he gained it from riba is worse than thirty six instances of fornication."

Comment

£100? Which book was it?
                    It's a psychological and self-help book, its out of print, some places they were even selling it for £800. Sad thing is I didn't even bother to read it, I remember once I paid for useless coaching for around £1000.

Comment

It's a psychological and self-help book, its out of print, some places they were even selling it for £800
                      Brother did you really need that book? People here can give you psychological help for free

Seriously plenty of great material online, even islamic lectures that willhelp with all that.

Was the book worth it?

Comment

Wwhats taking out a credit card got to do with partaking in riba? That's no excuse

The fear alone of taking riba should make you stop. What void are you filling when you over spend? Reflect on that, go for a walk or go to the gym when you have the urge to shop

"Riba has seventy three gates, the least of them is like a man who fornicates with his mother. And verily, the worst of riba is the Muslim's honor." (al-Hakim) And he also said, "A dirham that a man spends knowing he gained it from riba is worse than thirty six instances of fornication."
                        Sorry if I don't make sense, what I was trying to say when I was growing up I didn't know much about islam and riba, now I do so I want to stop this.

Comment

It's a psychological and self-help book, its out of print, some places they were even selling it for £800. Sad thing is I didn't even bother to read it, I remember once I paid for useless coaching for around £1000.
                          Which book as in the TITLE and AUTHOR.

-_-

Comment

Brother did you really need that book? People here can give you psychological help for free

Seriously plenty of great material online, even islamic lectures that willhelp with all that.

Was the book worth it?
                            Brother I had psychological problems, I have seen many therapists and doctors none of them didn't help much so I went to help myself, I started reading books and stuff. I don't know how good that book is I didn't read it but people say its a good book, written by a non-muslim psychiatrist, he uses teaching from psychology and other religions but not islam.
                            Last edited by ThisIsJannah; 23-10-18, 06:10 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Which book as in the TITLE and AUTHOR.

-_-
                              I think its best if I don't give the title of the book here because its teaching could be kufr, I tried pm it to you but I can't see option for that.
                              Last edited by ThisIsJannah; 23-10-18, 06:21 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Working...
                              X