Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Muslim Men Lazy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why are Muslim Men Lazy?

    Assalamu alaikoum,

    Why is it in today's society most Muslim men are getting lazier to financially provide for their families. Am not generalizing, but most Muslim men seem to have forgotten what their role is. I have only come across such a small number of men who actually have the correct islamic mindset when pursuing marriage. Alot of the time, men spend so much time criticizing independent women who work. But when it comes to looking for marriage they want you to actually work and support yourself. And if you don't work they criticize you, or undermine your choices. As if your less worthy just because you dont work. Bear in mind just because a sister doesn't work it doesn't mean she does nothing. There's so much that we do to contribute to our home and society. But it seems men overlook those qualities because there too busy thinking about money. And they want you to have your own because providing for you is such a hassle. I don't see the point of marriage if the people I keep meeting have this mentality. Or maybe am seeking something that doesn't exist. Its such a turn off when men dont act like Men. Am so put off by Muslim men, in today's society there expecting alot from you but have nothing to offer in return. Even the most basic duty for them to provide, they wont do. What is the point of marriage then. I do hope that this might be my experiences and not what all muslim men are like. But time and time again this is all I hear. No wonder alot of women are becoming independent and have to work because the men are becoming lazy. We are not going to sit around and wait for the men to provide, and when we do start doing things for ourselves and we develop goals and ambitions. All of a sudden were too much and men are intimidated because there too busy worrying about whether they can control us.

    I guess my question is why are muslim men becoming so lazy and losing the Islamic mindset? Am so put off looking for marriage.

  • #2
    Have your survey pool been your immediate area?
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

    Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by samin62 View Post
      Have your survey pool been your immediate area?
      sorry? I dont understand your question

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

        sorry? I dont understand your question
        How did you come to your conclusion? By observing your immidiate area?
        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

        Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

        Comment


        • #5
          Is there any doubt that these men are following their desires? If we can call them men in the first place... Ukhti i wouldn't suggest marrying someone like that. Find a muslim with knowledge and fear of allah. I personally dont think i could accept someone like that as a spouse

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by samin62 View Post

            How did you come to your conclusion? By observing your immidiate area?
            Am not observing, am talking about my experiences and this is what I have dealt with and come across.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ahmedyounes View Post
              Is there any doubt that these men are following their desires? If we can call them men in the first place... Ukhti i wouldn't suggest marrying someone like that. Find a muslim with knowledge and fear of allah. I personally dont think i could accept someone like that as a spouse
              Of course I would never marry someone like that. That's the problem, there doesn't seem to be many men who have the Islamic mindset.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

                Am not observing, am talking about my experiences and this is what I have dealt with and come across.
                Ok so extremely limited in relation to wider community of muslim men

                it is probable that its your subjective experience
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

                Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by samin62 View Post

                  Ok so extremely limited in relation to wider community of muslim men

                  it is probable that its your subjective experience
                  This is what I come across in the country that I live in. Although its in the west, there's plenty of muslim men here. If its just subjective experience then other sisters wouldn't be experiencing the same thing. Whether its in person or online, this is how majority of men are these days. Instead of questioning my experience and whether or not its subjective. We should be questioning why the men have this mentality.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You're also a minority. Most muslim women want to work and would never consider a man who would want them to stay home.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Janna90 View Post
                      Assalamu alaikoum,

                      Why is it in today's society most Muslim men are getting lazier to financially provide for their families. Am not generalizing, but most Muslim men seem to have forgotten what their role is. I have only come across such a small number of men who actually have the correct islamic mindset when pursuing marriage. Alot of the time, men spend so much time criticizing independent women who work. But when it comes to looking for marriage they want you to actually work and support yourself. And if you don't work they criticize you, or undermine your choices. As if your less worthy just because you dont work. Bear in mind just because a sister doesn't work it doesn't mean she does nothing. There's so much that we do to contribute to our home and society. But it seems men overlook those qualities because there too busy thinking about money. And they want you to have your own because providing for you is such a hassle. I don't see the point of marriage if the people I keep meeting have this mentality. Or maybe am seeking something that doesn't exist. Its such a turn off when men dont act like Men. Am so put off by Muslim men, in today's society there expecting alot from you but have nothing to offer in return. Even the most basic duty for them to provide, they wont do. What is the point of marriage then. I do hope that this might be my experiences and not what all muslim men are like. But time and time again this is all I hear. No wonder alot of women are becoming independent and have to work because the men are becoming lazy. We are not going to sit around and wait for the men to provide, and when we do start doing things for ourselves and we develop goals and ambitions. All of a sudden were too much and men are intimidated because there too busy worrying about whether they can control us.

                      I guess my question is why are muslim men becoming so lazy and losing the Islamic mindset? Am so put off looking for marriage.
                      Its about how much women want ,not men earn.
                      When women want a billboard lifestyle influenced by madam curie then its irrelevant what men earn.

                      ​​​​​​You will always complain.

                      Waalaikumussalam btw

                      Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

                      **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

                      Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Janna90 View Post

                        This is what I come across in the country that I live in. Although its in the west, there's plenty of muslim men here. If its just subjective experience then other sisters wouldn't be experiencing the same thing. Whether its in person or online, this is how majority of men are these days. Instead of questioning my experience and whether or not its subjective. We should be questioning why the men have this mentality.
                        Because it is not the mentality of muslim men or men. Its a problem in that small sample size you and the other gals dabble in.

                        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

                        Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by muzzybee View Post

                          Its about how much women want ,not men earn.
                          When women want a billboard lifestyle influenced by madam curie then its irrelevant what men earn.

                          ​​​​​​You will always complain.

                          Waalaikumussalam btw
                          I didn't even mention the income of the man., How much they earn is irrelevant. I was talking about the responsibility of the man to provide, I did not mention wanting a certain lifestyle. You misunderstood the question.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by samin62 View Post

                            Because it is not the mentality of muslim men or men. Its a problem in that small sample size you and the other gals dabble in.
                            If your referring to my country a small sample size then what would you suggest I do? Travel the whole world? Like I said this is a problem of muslim men nowadays.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Oh dear.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X