Will allah punish me if i told someone about someone else sinning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will allah punish me if i told someone about someone else sinning

So my friend is a muslim but doesn't pray, and he was drinking etc... and i told one of my muslim friends that he drinks, immidieatly regretting it because allah might punish me for exposing that he drinks to one of my friends, will allah punish me for exposing the sin to another friend?

As Salaam Wa Laikum

No, it is not good. A good sign that you feel regret, repent to Allah and may he accept your repentance.

If we see or hear about someone else committing a sin, we should always try to ignore it. Instead of spreading it, we should hide it and keep it a secret.

It was reported that:
    Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “Whoever conceals the fault of a muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the hereafter”.

If we find it too difficult to keep it secret, the most we are allowed to do is discuss the issue with the person, in private, and try to encourage them to stop committing the sin(s). Allah has said:

The believers, men and women, are Auliyâ' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do), and they forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islâm has forbidden). (Quran, 71:9)

Comment

He openly commits sins?
      They say you contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
      And they don't mind contradicting the Furqan

I contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
      For you have contradicted the one who came with the Qur'an

Comment

Well anyone who asks him he tell him, proudly kinda...

Comment

Salamulaikum warahmatullah wabaraketu
          I don't think you will be punished because he is proud, open and telling the world about it. This is in the Quran when these people will be proud of transgressions.

Comment

Working...
          X