Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just turned off my phone, am I consider an outcast to society?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just turned off my phone, am I consider an outcast to society?

Assalamulikum, is it consider overreact if I turned off my phone? Here I list advantage of mine if I turned my phone off:

1) Peace and serenity
    2) No disturbance
    3) A bit of boredom though

If I turned my phone on:

1) Disturb calls
    2) Catch up people's time

I don't know if this has any relevance to my akhirah. I am trying to find balance in everyday moments. The phone bills, I don't pay, someone else pays it, though.

Walikumsalam

Just let your family know that you will not be available so that they don't get worried about you not answering the phone.

Nothing wrong with turning your phone off, I think it's a good thing.

If you got bored without your phone, find something productive to do. Recite Quran, memorise duas or surahs, watch lectures about Islam, help your family with household chores, there is so much to do
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

first of all before I advice you on this situation I would tell you what I used to do,I used to delete all of my social media apps/account temporarily once in two three months for a week straight or more if I wanted too.All friends used to ask why?? If you are soo fed up why not stop using it completely? The thing is I was a busy guy hanging out all the time,spending everything,here and there..you know what I am saying (had alot of friends,still do lol) so sometimes to set my mind straight(take rest,give my family sometime,spend sometime alone I used to call this habit of mine ''The therapy week"' lololo) i would stop interacting with everyone almost and it worked tbh.

Then one day one of my friends needed my help in emergency at night and luckily my phone was ON,after I was done with him I thought to myself what if I had deleted my account and stop talking to everyone what would have happened to my friend? Since then I have stop doing this and I never get off my social media so that I am always avaliable to help my family friends and vice versa.

But now I don't think it's worth it bro,why stop talking to people when you are eventually going to start talking again lol.
      NO RACISM

Comment

Did you delete your social media account ElNino?

Comment

No.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

LOL

U no special.

I keep my phone turned off because of telemarketers and best way to contact me is through online.
            Last edited by HelloEverybody; 07-10-18, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X