Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REMINDER: Whatsapp, Discord & Other Social Media

Just a quick reminder:

Whatever is discussed in private groups/chats - can members please keep that private rather than bringing it up on the main public site of Ummah Forums?

This is also a general reminder that Backbiting, Slandering, and Spreading Malicious Gossip are all haraam actions.

Allaah says:

“neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful” [49:12]

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Do you know what gheebah (backbiting) is?” They said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” He said, “Saying something about your brother that he dislikes.” It was said, “What if what I say about my brother is true?” He said, “If what you say is true then you have backbitten about him, and if it is not true, then you have slandered him.”

[Muslim]

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbas said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) passed by two graves and said, “They are being punished, but they are not being punished for anything that was difficult to avoid. One of them used to walk about spreading malicious gossip (nameemah), and the other used not to take precautions to avoid getting urine on himself when he urinated.” Then he called for a green branch, which he split in two and planted a piece on each grave, and said, “May their torment be reduced so long as these do not dry out.” [al-Bukhaari, Muslim]

I've seen this a few times on here, and on Discord. No good comes from this - it only creates resentment and animosity between members.

This sort of behaviour is not befitting the character of a Muslim.

Think before you post (a reminder to myself, first and foremost).

Do we really want to lose our good deeds on the Day of Judgment due to some online drama?

We all have one goal - let's work towards that In Sha Allaah.

Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah.

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
    ...I've seen this a few times on here...
    As in private chat logs posted on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

No. I've seen references being made to private group Whatsapp conversations.

Comment

Akhie is there any way I can ask you a question regarding my account ? Sorry for quoting but no other option
        They say you contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
        And they don't mind contradicting the Furqan

I contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
        For you have contradicted the one who came with the Qur'an

Comment

No. I've seen references being made to private group Whatsapp conversations.
          Just saw them. It's probably just trolling to get a reaction.

Comment

Just saw them. It's probably just trolling to get a reaction.
            It's a real issue.

Comment

It's a real issue.
              Of course, but we thrive on drama and gossip.

Comment

Is this stuff still on going i see? On a certain “whatsapp group”

Comment

Of course, but we thrive on drama and gossip.
                  But it's not Islamic.

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
                    Is this stuff still on going i see? On a certain “whatsapp group”
                    Allaah knows best if it's just one group or multiple groups.

Comment

Good reminder.

Whatsapp groups have much more than just slander.

There are good ones dedicated only to study of Islaam. Others, you don't even want to go near them.
                      Watch those eyes

Comment

On one of the servers on Discord - There was a Student of Knowledge (whom I knew from Islamic Awakening Forums) - who was openly mocking and backbiting a few members from IA.

(I lost all respect for that particular person).

You don't have to be a scholar to know that a Believer is protected from another Believer's tongue and actions.

Comment

al-Qurtubi says in volume 16 on page 337 of his Tafsir that there is no difference of opinion regarding the fact that backbiting is a major sin.

You don't have to be a scholar to be pious and not all scholars are pious.
                          Watch those eyes

Comment

On one of the servers on Discord - There was a Student of Knowledge (whom I knew from Islamic Awakening Forums) - who was openly mocking and backbiting a few members from IA.

(I lost all respect for that particular person).

You don't have to be a scholar to know that a Believer is protected from another Believer's tongue and actions.
                            actually the thing is , they're slandering others in those groups cause they whole heartedly believe its a good thing to do in Islam to slander 'such' people and is sunnah ..

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post

actually the thing is , they're slandering others in those groups cause they whole heartedly believe its a good thing to do in Islam to slander 'such' people and is sunnah ..
                              They use the premise that they are exposing innovators and those who are faasiq and getting rewarded in return.
                              Watch those eyes

Comment

Working...
                              X