High context cultures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
    It's also quite looked down upon if a person is simple minded and 'minds their own business'. Because the more 'chalak' (clever/cunning) will be able to manipulate them and take advantage of them. Nosiness is probably very common in these cultures.
    I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
      They take your words to mean more than they are...

Asians fall under high context while Westerners are low context

The latter take your word more at face value without reading too much into it

Explains why Asians read so much into what you say...
      Do you mean South Asians? If so, which part? Do you mean Middle Easterners, since they're also Asian? Or East Asians? What about that part of Russia that's Asian? Or the Central Asian people as well?

You know, the first time I saw Asian on the forum I was shocked that everyone here assumed that they were Muslim when Asia is a huge continent filled with different groups of people. Plus, over in my side of the pond, when people think of Asians they think of East Asians.

What a funny world that we live in.
      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
      Surah al-Baqarah
      [2:245]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
      ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Napaki Pakistani government.

Comment

I think this forum created lots of high culture people.
          Watch those eyes

Comment

Working...
          X