Anger and getting high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anger and getting high

I read that getting angry stimulates the same areas of the brain where reward centers are situated.

This gives people a high....

Could this explain why certain people use forums as a medium to be aggressive and angry?
    Watch those eyes

This probably explains why certain people are very agressive as a pattern, often mean and often pick fights, perhaps its addictive
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

A Harvard paper examining academic literature on anger’s effect on judgment (pdf)—” -once activated, anger can color people’s perceptions, form their decisions, and guide their behavior while they remain angry, regardless of whether the decisions at hand are related to the source of their anger.” Scientific studies show that anger makes people indiscriminately punitive, careless thinkers, and eager to take action. It colors our perception of what’s happening and skews ideas about what right action might be.

Source:
      https://qz.com/1333018/how-americans...age-addiction/

Only Allah () knows best.
      Last edited by tumbirs; 03-09-18, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I read another opinion recently.

People who have insecurities get angry to cover up those insecurities.

I read it in an article written by a psychologist.
        Watch those eyes

Comment

I have come across this too. The 'high' causes, for lack of better of terms, an addiction.
          So an individual will seek out reasons to be angry ...literally nitpick anything apart to find something to get frustrated over.
          They will get angry ...feel that 'high' ...then repeat.

Comment

Working...
          X