Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewing

Salaam aleiykum

I'm looking to make my own hijabs, im not the best at sewing, i dont have much patience and usually end up messing it up right before i finish my masterpiece, anyway, could anyone help me to a pattern, or explain how i can make something simalar to the following:

https://tasnim-collections.com/produ...-dip-back-xxl/

يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

(I seem to vaguely recall the Sr neelu mentioning something about sewing here... Could be wrong. Apologies if tagged wrongly.)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
      Salaam aleiykum

I'm looking to make my own hijabs, im not the best at sewing, i dont have much patience and usually end up messing it up right before i finish my masterpiece, anyway, could anyone help me to a pattern, or explain how i can make something simalar to the following:

https://tasnim-collections.com/produ...-dip-back-xxl/

Comment

• aynina
        aynina commented
        Editing a comment
        I just find the item a bit too expensive so id make my own, i think stitching strech fabric is a bit more tricky but i cant really make it in a non stretch because that would just be uncomfortable lol

• Sister_2009
        Sister_2009 commented
        Editing a comment
        It can be more tricky in some ways, and in other ways it isn’t, such as the finish. However, sewing is a skill, trial and error. The way to get good is to practice. Your first items may be wonky, but you keep going.

Walaykum salam,

Yes I've done sewing in the past and used to make my own jilbabs amongst other things, but I don't really make hijabs and what looks complicated about the pic you showed is that it looks like one of those stretchy fabrics. I avoid those fabrics cos' they're quite tricky to manage.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
        Walaykum salam,

Yes I've done sewing in the past and used to make my own jilbabs amongst other things, but I don't really make hijabs and what looks complicated about the pic you showed is that it looks like one of those stretchy fabrics. I avoid those fabrics cos' they're quite tricky to manage.
        Exactly... its hard to figure out how to start a project, non stretchy fabric needs a whole different design, and i havent found anything comfortable to wear but my 2 piece jilbab i usually wear, but im trying to not wear it anymore as it attracts too much attention here where i live and beats the purpose...
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Wa alaikum assalam w rahmatullah

BarakAllahu feeki that website is pretty good
          They say you contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
          And they don't mind contradicting the Furqan

I contradicted the sayings of the shuyookh
          For you have contradicted the one who came with the Qur'an

Comment

Originally posted by ummsayfullah View Post
            Wa alaikum assalam w rahmatullah

BarakAllahu feeki that website is pretty good
            Wa feeki

Another website with decent clothes would be akhawat.fr/gb

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
            X