• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aynina
    started a topic Sewing

Sewing

Salaam aleiykum

I'm looking to make my own hijabs, im not the best at sewing, i dont have much patience and usually end up messing it up right before i finish my masterpiece, anyway, could anyone help me to a pattern, or explain how i can make something simalar to the following:

https://tasnim-collections.com/produ...-dip-back-xxl/

• aynina
    replied
    Originally posted by ummsayfullah View Post
    Wa alaikum assalam w rahmatullah

BarakAllahu feeki that website is pretty good
    Wa feeki

Another website with decent clothes would be akhawat.fr/gb

Leave a comment:

• ummsayfullah
    replied
    Wa alaikum assalam w rahmatullah

BarakAllahu feeki that website is pretty good

Leave a comment:

• Sister_2009
    commented on 's reply
    It can be more tricky in some ways, and in other ways it isn’t, such as the finish. However, sewing is a skill, trial and error. The way to get good is to practice. Your first items may be wonky, but you keep going.

• aynina
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Walaykum salam,

Yes I've done sewing in the past and used to make my own jilbabs amongst other things, but I don't really make hijabs and what looks complicated about the pic you showed is that it looks like one of those stretchy fabrics. I avoid those fabrics cos' they're quite tricky to manage.
    Exactly... its hard to figure out how to start a project, non stretchy fabric needs a whole different design, and i havent found anything comfortable to wear but my 2 piece jilbab i usually wear, but im trying to not wear it anymore as it attracts too much attention here where i live and beats the purpose...

Leave a comment:

• aynina
    commented on 's reply
    I just find the item a bit too expensive so id make my own, i think stitching strech fabric is a bit more tricky but i cant really make it in a non stretch because that would just be uncomfortable lol

• neelu
    replied
    Walaykum salam,

Yes I've done sewing in the past and used to make my own jilbabs amongst other things, but I don't really make hijabs and what looks complicated about the pic you showed is that it looks like one of those stretchy fabrics. I avoid those fabrics cos' they're quite tricky to manage.

Leave a comment:

• Sister_2009
    replied
    Originally posted by aynina View Post
    Salaam aleiykum

I'm looking to make my own hijabs, im not the best at sewing, i dont have much patience and usually end up messing it up right before i finish my masterpiece, anyway, could anyone help me to a pattern, or explain how i can make something simalar to the following:

https://tasnim-collections.com/produ...-dip-back-xxl/
    There are patterns available online if you search ‘khimar pattern,’ so no need to reinvent the wheel.

This particular design is simple. It is difficult to tell from the photo how the edges are finished. Because this appears to be a knit fabric, or stretchy, you can actually leave the edges unfinished, as they will not unravel, although that is a plain look. You can add a trim at the bottom for an easy finish or do a lettuce edge or rolled hem if you have access to a serger.

If you were purchasing from this site, it is great that they have the dimensions listed, but they do not discuss the weave or content of the fabric or the transparency level. That would need to be asked before buying to ensure you get exactly what you want and also what weather this fabric is suitable for.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied
    (I seem to vaguely recall the Sr neelu mentioning something about sewing here... Could be wrong. Apologies if tagged wrongly.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X