Mini Muslims Kaaba Toy Box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Muslims Kaaba Toy Box

I was wondering whether we are allowed to create a Kaaba toy box? I’m planning on buying one from www.minimuslims.co.uk (Minimuslims) but I thought I’d seek advice before I do that.

Link to the product: https://www.minimuslims.co.uk/produc...kaaba-toy-box/

jazakallahukhairan

Originally posted by Mubarak786 View Post
    I was wondering whether we are allowed to create a Kaaba toy box? I’m planning on buying one from www.minimuslims.co.uk (Minimuslims) but I thought I’d seek advice before I do that.

Link to the product: https://www.minimuslims.co.uk/produc...kaaba-toy-box/

jazakallahukhairan
    Isn't that your own company?

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/is...mic-cot-mobile
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...lestine-appeal

Comment

• aynina
      aynina commented
      Editing a comment
      New advertising ways

That doesn't sound like a great idea, tbh.
    As Muslims we're taught to try to nurture in our children a sense of veneration for the Qur'an, Rasoolullah (saw), Masaajid, etc... (Wa may yau'athhim sha'aa-rallahi fa innahaa min taqwal quloob)

To have something like that as a toybox for them may easily lead to the opposite. These days Muslim children play with all sorts of things we really ought to not give them... Figures, dolls with full faces, all kinds of toys with music, animals, even little pigs. In fact there's one particular pig the kuffaar have tried very hard to make so innocent and endearing to children muslim children are also very fond of it.

​​​​​
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
      As Muslims we're taught to try to nurture in our children a sense of veneration for the Qur'an, Rasoolullah (saw), Masaajid, etc... (Wa may yau'athhim sha'aa-rallahi fa innahaa min taqwal quloob)

To have something like that as a toybox for them may easily lead to the opposite. These days Muslim children play with all sorts of things we really ought to not give them... Figures, dolls with full faces, all kinds of toys with music, animals, even little pigs. In fact there's one particular pig the kuffaar have tried very hard to make so innocent and endearing to children muslim children are also very fond of it.

​​​​​
      Same with countless dogs btw
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post

​​​​​
        Do you mean Peppa Pig?

What's wrong with Peppa?

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post

Same with countless dogs btw
          Paw Patrol?

:-(

Comment

• aynina
            aynina commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha definately one of many

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Do you mean Peppa Pig?

What's wrong with Peppa?

Praise be to Allah.

Undoubtedly the concepts and ideas that a child learns about and experiences in the early stages of his upbringing will have an impact on him for much longer than the parents and teachers of the child themselves realise, and that does not go away once that stage is passed; rather they will remain and form an important part of his make-up and thinking, and will have a clear impact on the formation of his identity and culture....

...Undoubtedly the pig is not only an impure animal or something that is haraam to eat, or other things that are said about it or other Islamic rulings that have to do with it; it is also a cultural element of the Christian West, and part of the identity of those nations.

In Saheeh al-Bukhaari (2222) and Saheeh Muslim(155), it is narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, soon the Son of Maryam) will descend among you as a just judge, he will break the cross, kill the pigs and abolish the jizyah, and wealth will become so abundant that no one will accept it.”

Ibn Battaal (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The reason for breaking the cross and killing the pigs is because they are part of the religion of the Christians who are fabricators and transgressors. Hence the Prophet told us that ‘Eesa will change what they attributed to him, as Muhammad changed it and told them that they were following falsehood in that regard. This indicates that ‘Eesa will come to confirm the corrections introduced by the law of Muhammad, and will judge with justice between people.

End quote from Sharh Saheeh al-Bukhaari, by Ibn Battaal, 6/604

An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

This indicates we should object to evil deeds and remove them, and remove the symbols of evil, and killing the pigs comes under this heading. It is also indicative of the view favoured by our madhhab and that of the majority, which is that if we find a pig in non-Muslim lands or elsewhere, and we are able to kill it, we should kill it; and it proves false the odd opinion held by some of our companions and others, who said that pigs should be left alone if they are not causing any harm.

End quote from Sharh Muslim, 11/221

To sum up:

Pigs are an animal that is not respected, and one of the symbols of disbelief and lies against Allah, may He be exalted. So it is not right for a Muslim to raise his children to like them or pay attention to them or be fond of them, whether that is in a picture book or a toy or a cartoon and so on. Rather what is prescribed is to point out that they are connected to their false religion and are one of its symbols, and that they have no protection or sanctity in sharee‘ah, and we should explain that according to the child’s level of understanding, so that when he grows up, he will have a proper understanding of the shar‘i rulings having to do with them.

With regard to making your children avoid seeing pigs, if what is meant by that is a passing glance or seeing a picture of a pig in passing, this is something that is difficult to do, and we do not think that it is necessary. Rather all that is required is that the child should not become used to them or care about them or pay any attention to them.

And Allah knows best.

Full Reply:
          https://islamqa.info/en/171711

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
          -------------------------------
          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Fakhri
            Fakhri commented
            Editing a comment
            Original Question: In my country in the west, pigs are a big part of the culture. Not only in eating but also in stories for children, cartoons en dolls or othing play things. Is it forbidden or at the least not recommended to make my child familiar with the pig? Should I avoid my child seeing this animal?
        Working...
        X