Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lessons You Learned The Hard Way...? (Serious / Not-so-serious)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessons You Learned The Hard Way...? (Serious / Not-so-serious)

(Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah.)

Things we learned the hard way (or are currently learning) because we were dismissive, stubborn, naive, etc.

Serious, light-hearted, anything in between, inshaa'Allah.

Maybe your sharing can help us...

(Note: No disclosing of sins of course. That's definitely not what we want.)
    Jazaa'akallah Khair.

​​​​​​
    Ps. Currently nursing a wonky shoulder because of a bit of carelesness when working out. ( Lesson: Warm up properly and if you feel the 'wrong sort' of pain don't try to force yourself through the lift like a mup--t. :| )
    Last edited by Fakhri; 24-08-18, 10:07 PM.

• Kya
    replied
    Thinking I can save money but shopping smart, especially for gifts or non edible things, only to spend more money buying lots of small items & still feeling guilty. when I would have been much better off buying 1 decent purchase.

That old saying and people warning are 90% correct. I have a friend who is a mess. I got introduced to her by another friend and I felt so bad, that I wanted to help her improve her life. I felt like that was my duty, allah will question me if I turn away from her. Others warned me that they too felt the same when they met her until she became too much for them to handle, so they had to cut her off & to save myself from the headache. So I was cautious & only helped her with one area of her life (career) & mostly listened to her complain. I didn't become too close of friend but still was there for her. Eventually she became more involved in my life & I learned to ignore her negativity and accept her as she is. But last few years, I am so done with her. I feel like I paid my dues, I gave her as much as I could & now she is brining too much negative energy in my life.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    Done.

I've moved them out of sight.

(Next time we have relatives visit Switzerland, I hope they don't bring back chocolates as gifts. Didn't realise I could appreciate chocolates this much till now. Alhamdulillah, they are actually very nice, but I've indulged too much these last few days.)

• Muslimah1436
    replied
    Wa 'alaikum as salam wa rahmatullah,

I learnt to not leave someone's special plastic spoon in hot oil. It will come out in 2 parts. And it'll be useless.
    Last edited by Muslimah1436; 27-08-18, 10:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimah1436
    replied
    Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
    When you get attached to a forum that was never yours or didn't really value the way you've valued it in the past.
    Hope you're well sis. Good to see you here.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimah1436
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely learnt that the hard way.

• Muslimah1436
    commented on 's reply
    I face this problem every time. Next time, I'll be ordering a starter and that's it, in sha Allah.

• Indefinable
    commented on 's reply
    Eat them, and dispose of the wrappers.

• Indefinable
    commented on 's reply
    ..... :'-(

• iRepIslam
    replied
    When you get attached to a forum that was never yours or didn't really value the way you've valued it in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied
    (Doesn't fit here because it's yet to happen, and I'm not a chocoholic by any means, but there's a small bag of luxury Swiss chocolates sitting here in the kitchen. Not sure who the owner is exactly, but they might be about to learn the hard way what happens when these chocolates are left unattended... )

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    Only happened once or twice but definitely a 'grrr' moment.

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    Jazaa'akallah Khair. Alhamdulillah.

• Fakhri
    replied
    Originally posted by tumbirs View Post
    Lesson: The othering. In Qur'an 28:15, Musa () is not only saying it was of his doing but also how he works!.

Example:

If one is alone in a desperate situation and people are inattentive, one suspects an imbalance (somethings not right) then beware of othering and avoid doing an action to resolve the problem out of incomplete knowledge, and seek refuge in Allah () for that is most likely the time when the shaytan seizes the moment and misleads by insinuating whispers.

(The arrangements of those words in the example represents the chronological order of events.)

It occured to me thrice to notice this repetitive pattern.
    If the plot is repetitive then it is feeble once it is known.

Only Allah () knows best.
    Subhaanallah. You sound like a very analytical man. I'm starting to wonder, br Tumbirs, about your profession.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sa.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	12574727
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    When you put your phone device on charge, and a couple of hours later you check to see the said device, only to find that you hadn't switched on the plug.

A real "grrrr" moment.

(Probably doesn't fit in here...)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X