Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lessons You Learned The Hard Way...? (Serious / Not-so-serious)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZeeshanParvez
    replied
    I learned the hard way that what you desire for yourself is not always good for you.

I made dua and I got everything I had asked for.

It ended up to be a nightmare.

Every night when I would go to bed, I would wonder If I would ever wake up from this nightmare.

It was the worst experience ever.

Never ask for what you desire.

Ask Allaah for that which is best for you.

Leave a comment:

• tumbirs
    commented on 's reply
    جزاك اللهُ

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    Brother!! You need to stop these all-you-can-eats altogether. :D

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    Hmmm...Any examples of that you can maybe share, br Tumbirs?

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    Jazaa'akillah Khair. That's a great point, alhamdulillah. Has made me wonder if this thread is encouraging the wrong sort of mentality. I hope not.

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    I wonder if that's a lesson learned. I imagine the millions of us who burn our hands like that give it another go as soon as a bit of time passes. Avoiding the great bother of taking precautions and the valuable 10 seconds we save...

• Fakhri
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. I guess sometimes It's hard not to because as Muslims we want to assume the best of people...

• aynina
    commented on 's reply
    Good advice, goes for us as well, we tell ourselves we have social media for the benefits of it, while the disadvantages of it are bigger and more in number..

• Fakhri
    replied
    Not my own experience, but something that came up in discussion with someone.

Lesson: Don't leave your young child watching YouTube videos/nasheeds in the hope they'll start picking up a bit of Arabic. As soon as they discover how, they'll become attached to the useless junk from the kuffaar and will only want to watch that.

Leave a comment:

• tumbirs
    replied
    Lesson: The othering. In Qur'an 28:15, Musa () is not only saying it was of his doing but also how he works!.

Example:

If one is alone in a desperate situation and people are inattentive, one suspects an imbalance (somethings not right) then beware of othering and avoid doing an action to resolve the problem out of incomplete knowledge, and seek refuge in Allah () for that is most likely the time when the shaytan seizes the moment and misleads by insinuating whispers.

(The arrangements of those words in the example represents the chronological order of events.)

It occured to me thrice to notice this repetitive pattern.
    If the plot is repetitive then it is feeble once it is known.

Only Allah () knows best.
    Last edited by tumbirs; 27-08-18, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mintchocchip
    replied
    1. Drinking/eating something knowing it is too hot but still do anyway.

2. Leaving revision until the last minute.

3. Packing for holiday last minute. Was too late to get some items that I needed.
    Last edited by Mintchocchip; 25-08-18, 10:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Not to be so naive and trusting with new people. Sorry about the seriousness lol.

Leave a comment:

• average_guy
    replied
    Ordering way too much dishes when you are at all you can eat...and then it hits you in a middle of a bite...but you still got all the food left...and you do the same thing again when you go for all you can eat next time...the cycle continues...

Leave a comment:

• aynina
    commented on 's reply
    Reminds me of when i thought my gastank could go for countless km after it was indicating it was empty

• Fakhri
    replied
    Around the time the timing belt of your car needs changing (if it has one), best not to hang about thinking you can keep driving and not get it replaced... Thought I'd keep going a while longer as the car seemed alright to drive, and then...

(Wasn't worth getting the car fixed afterwards because the damage was so bad. Had to scrap an otherwise excellent little car. )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X