Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay to look at non-muslim women whom you donít find physically attractive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it okay to look at non-muslim women whom you donít find physically attractive?

If I were to be out at the shops, mall or whatever and I happen to see women (non-Muslim) in which I donít find physically attractive, would it be okay to look at them out of boredom if that makes sense?

I often catch buses and trains which means waiting at bus stops and so on. This makes me sometimes lose track of my head and I will often find myself looking at women just out of curiousity. I usually donít have physical attraction to them (sometimes I do and will immediately avert my eyes away).

Is this considered haram?

Iím 24 and live in Sydney Australia.

My sister just started bringing her friend over who is non-Muslim and somewhat inappropriately dressed. She doesnít dress half naked or anything just in a elegant and feminine way that makes you wanna stare. She is tall and very beautiful, something in which Iím ashamed to admit.

Sheís been over twice but I donít know what to do. Iím scared Iíll look, have bad thoughts?

help

Comment

• Abu julaybeeb
      Abu julaybeeb commented
      Editing a comment
      Brother if u care about your owm imaan and you care about your sister then get rid of this haram relationships shes in slap the crap out of any man that tries it with her and if she tries do whag u have to do to keep her away from it
      this is your sister same as your own daughtet

in fact in a hadith its stated some mem will go jahannam for being dayooth(cuckold) these are people who had no gheera- protective jealousy for their women folk

• msmoorad
      msmoorad commented
      Editing a comment
      salaams to all

unfortunately, the brother & his family are in a dangerous situation

but at least he reaslises its wrong.
      theres many muslims who are in similar situations & dont even seem concerned that theyre basically muslims by name only.

the brother should try to be in a different room and keep himself occupied with some work for the duration of this girls visit
      and if possible, ask his sister to inform him in advance when this girl or any other girl is coming to their home & he can try and ensure he is out of the house during that time.

may Allah ta'ala grant us all hidaayah

and Allah ta'ala knows best
      jazakallah

• Saif-Uddin
      Saif-Uddin commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by ahmed19996 View Post

My sister just started bringing her friend over who is non-Muslim and somewhat inappropriately dressed. She doesnít dress half naked or anything just in a elegant and feminine way that makes you wanna stare. She is tall and very beautiful, something in which Iím ashamed to admit.

Sheís been over twice but I donít know what to do. Iím scared Iíll look, have bad thoughts?

help
      your not making much sense here, but anyway, you need to tell your sister that she can't be bringing a shameless Kaafira into your home, as it's Fitna for you.

you need to remember to Lower your Gaze as Allah azzawajal has commanded you to do so too.

Jazakallahu khair

Sounds like "i can hang out with my cousin, its not like i will marry her"
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Lower ur gaze still

Comment

If I were to be out at the shops, mall or whatever and I happen to see women (non-Muslim) in which I donít find physically attractive, would it be okay to look at them out of boredom if that makes sense?

I often catch buses and trains which means waiting at bus stops and so on. This makes me sometimes lose track of my head and I will often find myself looking at women just out of curiousity. I usually donít have physical attraction to them (sometimes I do and will immediately avert my eyes away).

Is this considered haram?
        your excused for accidental glances, (you starew away as soon as you realise), if you stare at women out of curiosity or for whatever reason, that is a Sin, an arrow from the arrows of Shaytan,

The "I'm not attracted to the woman" excuse cannot be used by men to stare at women,

Allah azzawajal commanded us to Lower our gaze, he didn't command us to Lower our GAze Only if we find the woman attractive.

I suggest you Fear and Obey Allah azzawajal and his Messenger Salallahu alayhi wa salaam, instead of trying to justify habitual evils.

Jazakallahu khair
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
          Sounds like "i can hang out with my cousin, its not like i will marry her"
          True,

Shaytan has ingenious ways to decieve people,

Nauzubillah

Comment

Like if you are out in public and a woman catches your eye or in my case how do I deal with my younger sister bringing a work colleague over who is very attractive?

Comment

Like if you are out in public and a woman catches your eye or in my case how do I deal with my younger sister bringing a work colleague over who is very attractive?
              Please don't make any more of these stupid threads.

Comment

help
                We can't help you, but advise you.

Only you can help yourself.

You've been given good advice - you're a 24 year old man. Act like it and lower your gaze.

Comment

You are bloody thirsty and damn dumb. You do think will realistically happen? You will probably ruin your relationship with your sister and with your family and probably creep out the girl.
                  Last edited by HelloEverybody; 24-08-18, 02:52 PM. Reason: Pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
                    You are bloody thirsty and damn dumb. You do think will realistically happen? You will probably ruin your relationship with your sister and with your family and probably creep out the girl.
                    Blood thirsty?

He has desires for women, like most non castrated men do, problem is he's not controlling his desires and following the advice in the Qur'an and Sunnah, leaving himself open to fall prey to Fitna

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Blood thirsty?

He has desires for women, like most non castrated men do, problem is he's not controlling his desires and following the advice in the Qur'an and Sunnah, leaving himself open to fall prey to Fitna
                      Eeh..."bloody thristy" something i heard in british younlings use. I am just sick of every creep that comes here once in a while talking about how they are lusting over someone in odd situation.

Comment

Eeh..."bloody thristy" something i heard in british younlings use. I am just sick of every creep that comes here once in a while talking about how they are lusting over someone in odd situation.
                        Well it is not surprising since Men desire Women, and that desire is placed inside their hearts by default.

Most women are also clueless that they are the greatest Fitna for men, as the Hadith states.

So when you realise this, its no suprise that many fall prey to their base desires, not that it is a justification.

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Comment

It's starts off with a stare, therefore don't underestimate it. Ignore those who will ridicule concerns. I used to think this is a bit too much, now I realise women are a huge fitnah for men. This puts me off marriage and men.

These problems might seem ludicrous to non Muslims and even some Muslims, but i feel for the men who are trying to attain piety.

Women are everywhere so these are testing times for those striving and those that take lowering the gaze seriously (very rare).

Read about Yusuf alihissalam.

Also, I was talking to someone about this asking them that if it was impossible for muslim men to control their desires then why would Allah make it impermissible?

So it is possible for you to restrain yourself. You have to believe that.

Just see it as a weakness and always remind yourself that the more you let go of your gaze the more you will want.

It's always a miserable end for those that succumb to it.

You can't get back what you had so lower your gaze or just see them as another human being living their lives just like you are.

A woman is not some flower, she is a human being like you. From the outside it looks all nice and angelic but it is quite gross when you study biology and understand that it's just a body that urinates, let's gas out and the rest.

And obviously we all die in the end because the body decays.

Hmm would you look at it the same way?

Some women don't understand this 'problem' so about your sister, I don't know what to suggest.
                          Keeping away is the only thing.

If your sister knew the fitnah she wouldn't bring that girl. You know your sister best, is she the type that will appreciate your concern? Or just think your some creep who got issues

I'm quite extreme with my brothers LMSO he'll complain about it

Anyway, you're in control

A wandering mind is a dangerous mind, so don't check out or perv on women just because you are waiting.

All the best

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

It's a big concern
                            i thought nearly all men had these desires
                            That's why they end up losing their dignity

They need help, if they just saw women as a fellow human and nothing more, wouldn't that be a success
                            ​​​​​
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Working...
                            X