Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purifying home from previous tenant's dog

Assalam Alaikum,
    I will be renting a home that's previous tenant has at least one dog. I am very concerned about the najasa aspect and how to purify the home. it is causing me great stress. No, there was no option of finding rent with no dogs previously.
    Do I need to purify the fridge? Tiles? What about the cabinets? Dryer and washer? Dishwasher? Carpet? Closet? Bathroom? How do I go about disinfecting and purifying all these areas? Is it different than regular cleaning since a dog lived there and used all those areas and possibly even urinated in carpet. I really need to use the washer in it as soon as I get there because we don't have any washer and dryer in our current place.
    Anyone with this problem before, please help. I don't want to be concerned about not having my prayer accepted.
    May Allah reward you for your efforts.

Just clean the house as you would when you move into a new place.. dont tell me you dont do that? Why are you asking if you should clean the fridge? Isnt that a standard thing if a stranger owned it before you? May have had pig in there.

anyway clean the floors and couch if it comes with one, and yes the whole bathroom, even if there wasnt a dog in there there was a stanger in there obviously you will clean it
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

It seems I wasn't clear on my question. Of course I will deep clean everything. The problem is that if a dog lived there, a normal deep clean will not take away the najasa. Same thing with the fridge and washer. A normal deep clean will not take away the najasa. I'm asking from an Islamic standpoint. The question is not IF I should, but HOW to clean each area from najasa. What can I do to take away all the najasa and purify it so that it will be OK to pray in it (and so my wudu will be valid)? Are there certain steps you've taken or products you've used to remove all traces a dog might have left? Thank you.
      Last edited by simms; 23-08-18, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X