Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to live in Surrey

Salaam everyone
    I am looking for advice on where to move in Surrey. We are a young professional family and would like to move somewhere decent with good schools and mosques. I really don’t want my children to be the only brown kids at school and I also want them to have good Muslim friends. We are keen for them to have deen and dunya so a nice area with good houses and schools is a must alongside good Muslim families, halal food, at least some Islamic classes.
    Jazakallah khayran in advance

Waalaikumussalam

Surrey is one of those tricky counties, spread out.
    Can you maybe consider Crawley, not too far away.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Woking, has halal food outlets/slaughter houses and a large mosque and muslim community. Great schools around it too.

Comment

I have never been in UK, but I want to see this place called "Birmingham" .

Comment

Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
          I have never been in UK, but I want to see this place called "Birmingham" .
          It's Pakistanis, everywhere. You're not missing out on much.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

It's Pakistanis, everywhere. You're not missing out on much.
            Jabir ibn Abdullah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, addressed us during the middle of the day at the end of the pilgrimage in the farewell sermon. The Prophet said, “O people, your Lord is one and your father Adam is one. There is no virtue of an Arab over a foreigner, nor a foreigner over an Arab, and neither white over black nor black over white, except by righteousness. Have I not delivered the message?” They said, “Of course, O Messenger of Allah.” The Prophet said, “Let the witness inform those who are absent.”

-Shu’ab al-Iman 4706
            Racism is against Islam, are you against Islam?

Comment

Originally posted by ConfusedMuslim View Post

Racism is against Islam, are you against Islam?
              No.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

No.
                Mashallah, then refrain from racism.

Comment

I have close family who have been living in Farnham/Aldershot for a good few years now. I don't have any suggestions but that's one place I don't think they would recommend if you want your children to have Muslim friends and grow up around Muslims.

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                  -------------------------------
                  "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                  NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                    I have close family who have been living in Farnham/Aldershot for a good few years now. I don't have any suggestions but that's one place I don't think they would recommend if you want your children to have Muslim friends and grow up around Muslims.
                    Yeah, also the one mosque in Aldershot is small and for men only.

Comment

Working...
                    X