Is it really over?. Am I doomed to hell already?. [MAJOR CRISIS!!!!!!!!]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really over?. Am I doomed to hell already?. [MAJOR CRISIS!!!!!!!!]

You may know from my previous post that I've been struggling with faith since last year. Basically I've been put through trials but I failed them. And as a result I lost my faith meaning my heart became dead in a spiritual sense. I no longer have love for doing good deeds or feel bad when I sin. I've been severely depressed and hopeless mostly because of this verse of the Quran. "And of the people is he who worships Allah on an edge. If he is touched by good, he is reassured by it; but if he is struck by trial, he turns on his face [to the other direction]. He has lost [this] world and the Hereafter. That is what is the manifest loss." (Surah Hajj verse 11)

​​​​​I'm guilty of this verse and now I feel doomed to eternal hell because I have no faith inside my heart. I try as much as possible to have fun and forget but thinking of my passed and the evil that I said makes me depressed. Is there hope for the people of this verse?. I recently started praying again but I feel empty and feel it's a waste of time. I'm scared that Allah won't guide me back after what I did in the past. I feel very close to Allah when I listen to nasheeds but not Quran. The nasheeds make me cry and weep but I don't know if this is a punishment. Please help!!!. How can my dead heart be alive again?. Is there hope for the hypocrites like me?

The empty feeling will be replaced with hope and a sense of 'amn' inshaa'Allah if you persist for long enough.

We are instructed to observe Salah, dear brother, whether we feel 'empty' or not. From your previous thread, you mentioned certain things which indicate that you need to stop interpreting and applying aayaat on yourself in a way which re-inforces the false feeling of being eternally condemned, cursed, doomed, etc.

You mentioned the word 'feeling' a lot in your post.
    The function of the qalb is to perceive reality as it is. If your heart is not in a healthy state you won't be able to feel what you need to feel until it heals inshaa'Allah.

As a shaykh explained, in a state where the qalb is not reliable, we must refer exclusively to the Aql which is a separate faculty given to us by Allah Ta'aalaa, and rely on that to act on what we know rationally to be true, even when we cannot 'feel it' to be so.

This state of being in confusion and sin is likely a fitnah you have fell into as a result of something/s you did, but inshaa'Allah, it is for you to learn from and grow from.

Please observe your salah, dear brother, try to learn the deen from a place of learning with teachers to guide you. The longer you continue to strive in good actions you will find more and more, inshaa'Allah, that your internal state is improving and you also 'feel' closer to Allah Ta'aalaa.
    Last edited by Fakhri; 10-08-18, 05:32 AM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

(Assalamu alaikum)

There are 8 Different Types of the Heart. (The symptom is a Blackened Heart and is misunderstood as a Dead Heart.)

Only Allah () knows best.
      Last edited by tumbirs; 10-08-18, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Well unfortunately my heart is completely DEAD. I have no motivation to do any good deeds or religious act. I have no feeling in prayer like I'm wasting time. The only reason I pray is to make myself feel less guilty and slight hope that maybe I might be forgiven and saved from hell. But its probably false hope and God is probably laughing at me . I've been living in misery since my fallout. And I know in the depths of my soul that I'm being punished. And WALAHI I spend almost every minute of everyday thinking of my punishment in hell. and if I don't get my heart back to life then there's no reason to have hope in Allah. If I only knew some Muslims that are in the same situation like me then I wouldn't feel so alone. Cause right now I honestly feel like I'm iblees literally.
        Last edited by sadkid; 11-08-18, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Please read the following:

Difference Between Punishments and Trials

Example:
          A people parties in the night, the neighbours are disturbed from sleep and they complain.
          Who gets public rights? Who goes private? In the west it is the parties that goes private, underground or moves far away from the sleeping neighbourhood.

Those neighbours fought for what was against their nature, and that was a trial for them.
          If they had ignored it then it would have been a punishment for them with many sleepless night, near death, and the people that party in the night would have grown accustomed as if it was normal, careless, and to restore the balance would not come without conflicts for justice, as they both had desires and needs.

If people that party in the night were warned, to take heed and they ignore then their hearts are dead to reason, common sense and truth.

If people that party in the night were to succeed then eventually the neighbourhood would move away making the area devoid of convenience and prosperity. Making the people who party in the night, into an inconvenient nightmare unable to continue, departed, because they were upon falsehood.

In their state of humility, they may choose to reform or they may enslave themselves or other neighbourhoods to continue in their unjust ways.

​Only Allah () knows best.
          Last edited by tumbirs; 11-08-18, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sadkid View Post
            Well unfortunately my heart is completely DEAD.
            If it was you wouldn't worry so much.

I have no motivation to do any good deeds or religious act.
            Waking up to pray fajr in the middle of winter isn't my cup of tea.

Do them because you will get rewarded and not because you want to or not.

I have no feeling in prayer like I'm wasting time.
            I didn't have feeling for six years. Yet, I kept fulfilling the obligation.

The only reason I pray is to make myself feel less guilty and slight hope that maybe I might be forgiven and saved from hell.
            Nothing wrong with praying to hope you don't go to hell. Who said that was wrong?

But its probably false hope and God is probably laughing at me .
            That is bad conjecture about Allaah. He will treat you like you think about Him.

Have good conjecture of Him. It is so simple. Think good and happy thoughts about Allah.

And never claim Allah is doing this or not even as an assumption.

I've been living in misery since my fallout.
            The misery cleans you of your sins. Look at it as a blessing and not a curse. Stop thinking about this world.

Misery in this world means happiness in the next.

And I know in the depths of my soul that I'm being punished.
            That is good. Those who are punished in this world will not be punished in the next.

Those who have no punishment here despite their sins will be in a lot of trouble in the next unless Allaah chooses to forgive them there as well.

And WALAHI I spend almost every minute of everyday thinking of my punishment in hell. and if I don't get my heart back to life then there's no reason to have hope in Allah.
            Having your heart back or not has nothing to do with what you are supposed to do.

Dead heart or not you push on with your obligations. That is it.

You will be asked not for if your head is dead or alive but if you did your obligations.

Just do your obligations and stop thinking about your heart. You sound like an ex Sufi.

If I only knew some Muslims that are in the same situation like me then I wouldn't feel so alone. Cause right now I honestly feel like I'm iblees literally.
            We came alone.

We will die alone.

We will stand in front of the King of kings alone.

Learn to be alone and know that Allaah is with you so you are never alone.

And no you are not Ibliis. Sorry to be so blunt but he is very shrewd.

And you are not.
            Watch those eyes

Comment

My friend we are only humans. Don't overthink it. There is hope. Do you doubt the power of Allah to change hearts. You must do the only thing which is in your power to do. That is pray and seek forgiveness at every opportunity. You may slip up along the way but aren't we all on some journey through life?

Do you doubt that if Allah commanded you could be changed in an instant? Perhaps there is some reason you suffered such trials. And you are most definitely not alone. Do you believe your experiences to be unique in humanity? No doubt many will suffer the same if not more? I remember reading about some pious scholar or teacher of the past who lost all of his piety and his students found him tending to the pigs but then he regained everything and more. There was an excellent post on here called 'inspirational stories of Awliah Allah' or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post

If it was you wouldn't worry so much.

Waking up to pray fajr in the middle of winter isn't my cup of tea.

Do them because you will get rewarded and not because you want to or not.

I didn't have feeling for six years. Yet, I kept fulfilling the obligation.

Nothing wrong with praying to hope you don't go to hell. Who said that was wrong?

That is bad conjecture about Allaah. He will treat you like you think about Him.

Have good conjecture of Him. It is so simple. Think good and happy thoughts about Allah.

And never claim Allah is doing this or not even as an assumption.

The misery cleans you of your sins. Look at it as a blessing and not a curse. Stop thinking about this world.

Misery in this world means happiness in the next.

That is good. Those who are punished in this world will not be punished in the next.

Those who have no punishment here despite their sins will be in a lot of trouble in the next unless Allaah chooses to forgive them there as well.

Having your heart back or not has nothing to do with what you are supposed to do.

Dead heart or not you push on with your obligations. That is it.

You will be asked not for if your head is dead or alive but if you did your obligations.

Just do your obligations and stop thinking about your heart. You sound like an ex Sufi.

We came alone.

We will die alone.

We will stand in front of the King of kings alone.

Learn to be alone and know that Allaah is with you so you are never alone.

And no you are not Ibliis. Sorry to be so blunt but he is very shrewd.

And you are not.
                Ya but what about this verse?. “There will come a Day when nothing will benefit you except a clean heart… a sound heart.”[Quran 26:88-89]

This means if I die in the state I'm in now, then there's no way I will be saved from hell. What if I spend the rest of my life worshipping with a dead heart, my deeds will not be accepted because my intention is wrong because my heart doesn't feel anything. And this has to be a punishment because my past trials brought me closer to God. And my heart was very soft and I cared about good and evil. Now I don't feel the slightest pain when I see Haram or Muslims suffering. I just say "who cares." But it's not that I want to be like this. I wish I could go back to my old self. When I had imaan. But I feel like it's too late for me because I already lost my chance and I don't seem to be getting better.
                Last edited by sadkid; 11-08-18, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Fakhri
                  Fakhri commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please have a read of the PM, brother. I know the beginning of it is a little bit
                  harsh, but please read the whole message. Inshaa'Allah it will be of some help.

----------
                  If you are worshipping Allah Ta'aalaa despite not feeling what you once felt of closeness and tranquility , softness of heart, it does not mean your intention is wrong. It could be that a person who is worshiping Allah Ta'aalaa battling His nafs and striving against it's stubborn resistance, it could be that this person's 'ibaadah is more beloved to Allah Ta'aalaa than the one who is finding delight and ease in 'ibaadah.
                  Allah Ta'aalaa knows which is more pleasing to Him. He is the One who knows the soundness of our intentions and the level of our struggles.

You want to experience i'baadah with a soft heart and a sense of closeness to Allah Ta'aalaa. It could be that our sins deny us this gift from Allah Ta'aalaa. It could be, as I mentioned in the PM, brother, that it is withheld from us in order that we make effort to grow and develop as a believer.
                  Last edited by Fakhri; 11-08-18, 04:56 PM.

Ya but what about this verse?. “There will come a Day when nothing will benefit you except a clean heart… a sound heart.”[Quran 26:88-89]

This means if I die in the state I'm in now, then there's no way I will be saved from hell. What if I spend the rest of my life worshipping with a dead heart, my deeds will not be accepted because my intention is wrong because my heart doesn't feel anything. And this has to be a punishment because my past trials brought me closer to God. And my heart was very soft and I cared about good and evil. Now I don't feel the slightest pain when I see Haram or Muslims suffering. I just say "who cares." But it's not that I want to be like this. I wish I could go back to my old self. When I had imaan. But I feel like it's too late for me because I already lost my chance and I don't seem to be getting better.
                Make tawbah from despairing as Allah Ta'aalaa has forbidden us from it. Once you have made the tawbah and committed yourself to practicing and striving for closeness to Allah Ta'aalaa and His acceptance, you will have begun the journey back to Him (SWT) again and begun the process of returning to Him with a clean heart. It may take months, years, it may take your entire lifetime if Allah Ta'aalaa wills it for you in His Wisdom.

But like the famous person who was taken in death whilst journeying to reform Himseif to gain forgiveness and acceptance from Allah Ta'aalaa, if you were to die, you know you have started the journey with sincerity (inshaa'Allah), and can have hope that likewise, Allah Ta'aalaa will treat you with the vast Rahmah with which that repentant 'abd was treated, and with which (He has informed us) He treats the slaves who turn to Him in true repentance.
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                -------------------------------
                "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Please check your inbox because I replied to the personal message you sent me. Thank you.

Comment

• Fakhri
                    Fakhri commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Alhamdulillah. Jazaa'akallah Khair brother, I've read it. Thank you also.

(40) Hadith Qudsi 35
                  On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
                  A man sinned greatly against himself, and when death came to him he charged his sons, saying: When I have died, burn me, then crush me and scatter [my ashes] into the sea, for, by Allah, if my Lord takes possession of me, He will punish me in a manner in which He has punished no one [else]. So they did that to him. Then He said to the earth: Produce what you have taken-and there he was! And He said to him: What induced you to do what you did? He said: Being afraid of You, O my Lord (or he said: Being frightened of You) and because of that He forgave him. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

Comment

Qur'an 16:98 - So when you recite the Qur'an, [first] seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the expelled [from His mercy].

Qur'an 22:11 - And of the people is he who worships Allah on an edge. If he is touched by good, he is reassured by it; but if he is struck by trial, he turns on his face [to the other direction]. He has lost [this] world and the Hereafter. That is what is the manifest loss.
                    Qur'an 22:12 - He invokes instead of Allah that which neither harms him nor benefits him. That is what is the extreme error.
                    Qur'an 22:13 - He invokes one whose harm is closer than his benefit - how wretched the protector and how wretched the associate.

Qur'an 33:17 - Say, "Who is it that can protect you from Allah if He intends for you an ill or intends for you a mercy?" And they will not find for themselves besides Allah any protector or any helper.

Qur'an 49:14 - The bedouins say, "We have believed." Say, "You have not [yet] believed; but say [instead], 'We have submitted,' for faith has not yet entered your hearts. And if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not deprive you from your deeds of anything. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."
                    Qur'an 4:146 - Except for those who repent, correct themselves, hold fast to Allah , and are sincere in their religion for Allah , for those will be with the believers. And Allah is going to give the believers a great reward.

Last edited by tumbirs; 11-08-18, 08:00 PM.

Comment

al-Fudayl ibn 'Iyaad رحمه الله said:

"As long as people are in a state of good welfare, then once they are tested, they will return to their reality. The believer will go to his faith, and the hypocrite will go to his hypocrisy."

Abu Hurairah (radiya Allaahu 'anhu) narrated that the Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said,

"If Allaah wants to do good for somebody, He afflicts him with trials."

[Reported by al-Bukhaari, hadith no. 5645]

--

But I remind myself this firstly.
                      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

my heart was very soft and I cared about good and evil. Now I don't feel the slightest pain when I see Haram or Muslims suffering. I just say "who cares." But it's not that I want to be like this. I wish I could go back to my old self.
                        Desensitization is defined as the diminished emotional responsiveness to a negative, aversive or positive stimulus after repeated exposure to it. It also occurs when an emotional response is repeatedly evoked in situations in which the action tendency that is associated with the emotion proves irrelevant or unnecessary.

Example:
                        You are told of many injustices and you are unable to help, your heart becomes desensitized and ignorant of it, not because you want to.

To resolve the problem of desensitization is to intend a good deed.

Last edited by tumbirs; 12-08-18, 05:35 PM.

Comment

This means if I die in the state I'm in now, then there's no way I will be saved from hell. What if I spend the rest of my life worshipping with a dead heart, my deeds will not be accepted because my intention is wrong because my heart doesn't feel anything.
                          Translations are always problematic.

The Verse uses the word saliim.

In Islaam, a word has a lexical meaning. It has a meaning in Islamic legislation.

Take prayer for example. Prayer means dua in its lexical capacity. In Islamic legislation it has a specific meaning.

So, what is the meaning of the word saliim?

We look at what those who were in the best generation said. That is how we understand Islaam. We learn from the Salaf.

Qataadah said: سليم من الشرك

safe from al-shirk.

Now, as far as I see your heart may be dead but it is free of shirk. You do not do shirk.

So, as long as you don't do shirk your heart is saliim.

Allaah forgives any sin for whomever He wills except shirk.

You should read the Qur'aan in context with all of its Verses and not just one Verse.

Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin.

[Qur'aan 4:48]

It is important to read the Qur'aan in context.

You have to take all the Verses into account.

You do not pick one Verse, and then act on one word that too from a translation without knowing what the Salaf have said about the word.

A saliim heart is one which is free from shirk.

It has nothing to do with being dead.

Your heart is free from shirk.

Deeds only go to waste with you do shirk.

A dead heart does not affect deeds.

Only when you commit shirk do your deeds go to waste.

Your heart is free from shirk.

That is why it is a saliim heart.
                          Last edited by ZeeshanParvez; 13-08-18, 12:15 AM.
                          Watch those eyes

Comment

Working...
                          X