Productivity and summer prayer time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W'salaam

It is such a struggle, I've really struggled with it this summer. And like you I need a decent amount of sleep.
    I found the best thing to do was to sleep after Maghrib and wake up an hour or so before Fajr starts ....pray Isha and carry on in prayers until Fajr starts.
    Then after you can get some solid sleep until the morning.
    Although th issue with this is that as far as I'm aware praying Isha after midnight is makrooh.

​​​

Comment

• aynina
      aynina commented
      Editing a comment
      I now did as sister laila said, i prayed maghrib and a bit after that prayed isha

Originally posted by aynina View Post
    Salaam aleiykum

how do you guys stay productive in summer? I personally need 9-10 hours sleep and ideally i would go to bed at 9.30, but i have to wait for isha which is at 11.37, so i can only sleep by midnight, then wake up for fajr and if i want to be the least bit productive i get up at 7.30 which means i only slept 7 hours, if i keep that going i get very exhausted and sick even.

how do you guys manage late prayer times? Do you people sleep before isha? I used to but getting up 2x a night gets hard as well
    Maybe try to increase the quality of your sleep so that 8 hours is enough?
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

Maybe try to increase the quality of your sleep so that 8 hours is enough?
      Ho w?
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Ho w?
        Well some basic tips would be to:

Get s bit of sunlight in the morning, or at least daylight
        Exercise a bit daily
        No caffine past midday
        Eat last meal at least 3 hours before sleeping
        Block out blue light 1 - 2 hours before sleeping

It might help you feel much better on 8 hours
        ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• aynina
          aynina commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks foe the advice, but what is blue light

Ho w?
        I guess its the high end frequency light emmited by TV screens, mobiles, house lights ect, and of course daylight is blue light but that isn't the problem.

It's not natural for us to be exposed to blue light at night, it basically reduces sleep quality when you do try to sleep.

As for me personally, I increased my sleep from an average of about 5 hours to 7 by following them steps above, I used to have insomnia.

Comment

Originally posted by abufulaans View Post

I guess its the high end frequency light emmited by TV screens, mobiles, house lights ect, and of course daylight is blue light but that isn't the problem.

It's not natural for us to be exposed to blue light at night, it basically reduces sleep quality when you do try to sleep.

As for me personally, I increased my sleep from an average of about 5 hours to 7 by following them steps above, I used to have insomnia.
          Okay interesting, i dont plan on getting a tv when i move out, but the house lighting is a thing i will try to reduce, thanks for the tips
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Sleeping 7-8 hours is recommended. I have noticed I get tired if I over sleep. Maybe you are missing that sweet spot and over sleeping or under sleeping. Try different amount of sleep until you find your sweet spot. Maybe it is 9-10 hours but that is not normal. However regarding prayers, what we do & I believe many people do is wake up for fajar and then go back to sleep for another hour or 2 until you have to get out of house.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
              Sleeping 7-8 hours is recommended. I have noticed I get tired if I over sleep. Maybe you are missing that sweet spot and over sleeping or under sleeping. Try different amount of sleep until you find your sweet spot. Maybe it is 9-10 hours but that is not normal. However regarding prayers, what we do & I believe many people do is wake up for fajar and then go back to sleep for another hour or 2 until you have to get out of house.
              It is actually possible that i wakeup too late as well, i read that you need to complete a sleep cycle to wakeup in a good mood and they are about 90 mins, so you can calculate when to wakeup in order not to wakeup in the middle of a cycle... i will try that

Sleepyti.me helps calculate that

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

It is actually possible that i wakeup too late as well, i read that you need to complete a sleep cycle to wakeup in a good mood and they are about 90 mins, so you can calculate when to wakeup in order not to wakeup in the middle of a cycle... i will try that

Sleepyti.me helps calculate that
                Good luck, let us know how your experiment went.

Comment

Taking a nap after lunch may be helpful, but I think you should discuss with your doctor about your sleeping habit and timing. In my opinion, 9-10 hours is over-sleeping, as per my limited knowledge, many research revealed that 7-8 hours of sleeping is enough. But it's better to discuss your situation with your doctor.
                  Working as Product Owner & Digital Marketer

Comment

I'm the sort of person whose always needed a full sleep and so for years I struggled with summers cos' of having to wake up for fajr and then wake again for school/college etc. When I completed my education, I'll be honest what I did for years was I'd sleep during the night in the winter months and I'd go to sleep after fajr in the summer so I could wake for zuhr. As you can imagine, that was fine when I was out of work but then when I was working, some jobs were part time so it wasn't a problem but when I did full time work it was tricky and I just caught sleep wherever I could.

In my experience, trying to nap in the afternoons didn't work for me, they'd just ruin whatever routine I had. Now I'm ill anyway and have no regular sleep time so I just sleep whenever I'm tired and then try and do the extra rakahs when I'm awake to make up for whatever I slept through but I'd never say that's okay for someone who doesn't have complex health issues. I should also point out that I've NEVER been a morning person in my life. I mean even in primary and secondary school years (didn't start praying regularly till after A levels) I struggled to get up for school in the mornings- it was always a real drag trying to push myself to get up and I was nearly always late and tired no matter how much I tried, so maybe in my case, it's not a good idea to blame just the prayer times for my sleep issues.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
                    X