Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity and summer prayer time

Salaam aleiykum

how do you guys stay productive in summer? I personally need 9-10 hours sleep and ideally i would go to bed at 9.30, but i have to wait for isha which is at 11.37, so i can only sleep by midnight, then wake up for fajr and if i want to be the least bit productive i get up at 7.30 which means i only slept 7 hours, if i keep that going i get very exhausted and sick even.

how do you guys manage late prayer times? Do you people sleep before isha? I used to but getting up 2x a night gets hard as well
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

I have the same issue here and I just sleep after fajr prayer. there is nothing wrong with that, especially if you can't function without the sleep. Not everyone can sleep 4-6 hours a day
    it all depends

Comment

Originally posted by ahmedyounes View Post
      I have the same issue here and I just sleep after fajr prayer. there is nothing wrong with that, especially if you can't function without the sleep. Not everyone can sleep 4-6 hours a day
      it all depends
      Then sleep until 9-10am? I would feel so useless then...
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

9 hrs
        what are u the queen

Comment

Same. I feel like a blob cause all my muscles hurt, but what can we do lol

Heres an article from islamqa explaining the issue https://islamqa.info/en/2063

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
            9 hrs
            what are u the queen
            I'd be more honoured to be compared to a dog then to her

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I wonder if you are able to join salaat together (maghrib with isha) if its making u ill. Can someone tag Abu Musab, because I can't tag people for some reason. Is he still active on Uf so we could message him. Sis, I will look up fatwas for u too in sha Allah
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Sis read this fatwa: https://islamqa.info/en/97844
                وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

It is difficult at first but I get used to it. Also having ramadan in the summer helps as am used to sleeping less in ramadan. I guess some people do not really need a set number of hours sleep a day to function and alhumdulillah I am one of them. I do need sleep lol but not fixed amount of hours!

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                    Sis read this fatwa: https://islamqa.info/en/97844
                    Thank you sis, though i dont know if i would qualify since its not like i suffer a real illness... maybe i should start napping more during the day lol

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
                      It is difficult at first but I get used to it. Also having ramadan in the summer helps as am used to sleeping less in ramadan. I guess some people do not really need a set number of hours sleep a day to function and alhumdulillah I am one of them. I do need sleep lol but not fixed amount of hours!
                      Ikr some people sleep 6 hours and they're fine

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

U sleep way too much

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                          U sleep way too much
                          I slept 11 hours last night, was exhausted the morning and i took a nap this afternoon, still exhausted... doc says my blood preassure is fine so idk what it is

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

• Mintchocchip
                            Mintchocchip commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Have you had your iron and thyroid levels tested?

• aynina
                            aynina commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not sure... doc tested my "vitamins" i guess about 6 months ago..

Originally posted by aynina View Post

Thank you sis, though i dont know if i would qualify since its not like i suffer a real illness... maybe i should start napping more during the day lol
                          Think about is sis, what is a real illness even. If you're ill your ill, and people can even join prayers when its raining. May Allah grant u ease sis ameen

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Think about is sis, what is a real illness even. If you're ill your ill, and people can even join prayers when its raining. May Allah grant u ease sis ameen
                            Yea, sometimes we need to trust our intuition and not always wait for someone to diagnose us, but im a bit scared to make excuses for myself as well.. Ameen

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
                            X