Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did the believing women wear in the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did the believing women wear in the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him)?

I'm very curious what the believing women wear in the time of our Prophet (pbuh) not only his wives but all the believing women, are there hadiths known with information about that? Did they use colors, nice fabrics, did they wear jewelery, make up, perfume? All the information is welcome

Before the revelation of hijab -covering their awrah im not sure after hijab revelation

They were described as looking like crows
    due to wearing black

They did not wear jewellary make up perfume outside or infront of non mehrams as this was adorning them selves which is not permissable
    however when with mehrams and indoors where non mehrams cannot see u they would wear things that adorned them like what u said

many of the women wore a material that covered their face nowadays we have niqaab but b4 it was it was something else

they also used garments to cover the entire body from head to toe abit like todays jilbaab

Comment

Where did you get that information, is it in a hadith? I heard that they wore white in the time of the prophet (pbuh)? Maybe later they start to wear black? I don't know, I like to read more about this.

Comment

Originally posted by sobia19 View Post
        Where did you get that information, is it in a hadith? I heard that they wore white in the time of the prophet (pbuh)? Maybe later they start to wear black? I don't know, I like to read more about this.
        Yes hadith
        athar (statement by sahaba,tabiee)
        or when scholars gave lectured and described it

Comment

Can you give me the hadith?

Comment

Originally posted by sobia19 View Post
            Can you give me the hadith?
            If i find it insha Allah

Comment

Working...
            X