Self love

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self love

Why is it that we can tell someone else we love them so easily but we can hardly tell ourselves that?
    you know people say you cannot love someone until you love yourself? I felt that when i started loving myself that all changed, and i became more mature. I know whats good for me and whats not. If i eat junk food for example, i will feel bad physically because its bad for me and mentally because i treated myself neglectfully by eating unhealthy foods.

Actions speak louder than words and that also shows in how you treat yourself in terms of self love or should i say self hatred in some cases.

It's important that we learn to love ourselves, definitely in this time, where mental illness and issues are so widespread.

I heared about a concept today called a "habit tracker", in which you can track the activities you did that day to make your life a bit better. such as making adhkar every day, meditating, journaling, eating healthy, drinking enough water, things that make you feel better... Also things you want to avoid such as avoiding junk food, avoiding medication (i try to use natural pain relief), avoiding using technology for over 2 hours a day, staying away from fitan...

So what acts do you personally do out of self love, which acts would you like to do or seem beneficial to you that you like to share?
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Originally posted by aynina View Post
    Why is it that we can tell someone else we love them so easily but we can hardly tell ourselves that?
    you know people say you cannot love someone until you love yourself? I felt that when i started loving myself that all changed, and i became more mature. I know whats good for me and whats not. If i eat junk food for example, i will feel bad physically because its bad for me and mentally because i treated myself neglectfully by eating unhealthy foods.

Actions speak louder than words and that also shows in how you treat yourself in terms of self love or should i say self hatred in some cases.

It's important that we learn to love ourselves, definitely in this time, where mental illness and issues are so widespread.

I heared about a concept today called a "habit tracker", in which you can track the activities you did that day to make your life a bit better. such as making adhkar every day, meditating, journaling, eating healthy, drinking enough water, things that make you feel better... Also things you want to avoid such as avoiding junk food, avoiding medication (i try to use natural pain relief), avoiding using technology for over 2 hours a day, staying away from fitan...

So what acts do you personally do out of self love, which acts would you like to do or seem beneficial to you that you like to share?
    Interesting, i do most of what you mentioned but never saw it as self love.

Would washing my face count?
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

• aynina
      aynina commented
      Editing a comment
      you can definatelly see it as such yea

Good thread.
    رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Read the quran in arabjc and english
      Read hadith
      then u seen the blessings and easy life Allah has given you
      and the amount of good your doimg or could be doing the youl be more happy and satisified eith your self and then love will also increase

and dont waste time and try not to sin as this will lead to guilt and going astray and then self love will decrease

Comment

Working...
      X