Does crying make us less manly :x ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does crying make us less manly :x ?

im quiet an emotional individual, I do sometimes think if somethings wrong with me lol

Including tears of joy obviously in private lol

The prophet cried

so no

Comment

No. But depends on what you cry for.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

If you cry when you hear quran thats beautifull, if you cry for serious things it doesnt take away from manlyness, but if you cry because you ran out of chocolate you're a woman
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

No.

Of course no one should cry over silly things though.

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
            If you cry when you hear quran thats beautifull, if you cry for serious things it doesnt take away from manlyness, but if you cry because you ran out of chocolate you're a woman
            So you do?
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

So you do?
              It could happen but that would be if a couple things have already gone wrong and thats added onto the pile, exhaustion and frustration are things that can make me cry, and i dont expect men to cry over such things
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

It could happen but that would be if a couple things have already gone wrong and thats added onto the pile, exhaustion and frustration are things that can make me cry, and i dont expect men to cry over such things
                I had the exact same situation today, in public as well lol. The stupidest little thing set me off. And I went into melt down. Obviously not because of the minor issue but because of the entire week/day. Plus tiredness and hunger.

So OP as long as you're not behaving like this you're fine.
                Last edited by Rumaysah~; 04-07-18, 07:41 PM.
                شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post

I had the exact same situation today, in public as well lol. The stupidest little thing set me off. And I went into melt down. Obviously not because of the minor issue but because of the entire week/day. Plus tiredness and hunger.

So OP as long as you're not behaving like this you're fine.
                  Haha don't worry im exactly like that, hope you feel better!

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

We will cry if we want too.

Comment

Haha don't worry im exactly like that, hope you feel better!
                      Slowly recovering lol
                      شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                      فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                      وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                      ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Men are only allowed to cry when they step on a lego. That is it.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

We will cry if we want too.
                          It's my party and i....

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

No. Crying is a natural response to distress, grief, joy, just whatever causes a big outpouring of emotion. It's normal and you shouldn't suppress it. Strong men cry at such times. Weak men subscribe to shallow vain definitions of masculinity so they're insecure.
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                              No. Crying is a natural response to distress, grief, joy, just whatever causes a big outpouring of emotion. It's normal and you shouldn't suppress it. Strong men cry at such times. Weak men subscribe to shallow vain definitions of masculinity so they're insecure.
                              Why do you have to be so mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X