Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does crying make us less manly :x ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does crying make us less manly :x ?

    im quiet an emotional individual, I do sometimes think if somethings wrong with me lol

    Including tears of joy obviously in private lol

  • #2
    The prophet cried

    so no

    Comment


    • #3
      No. But depends on what you cry for.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

      You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

      Comment


      • #4
        If you cry when you hear quran thats beautifull, if you cry for serious things it doesnt take away from manlyness, but if you cry because you ran out of chocolate you're a woman
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

        O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

        Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

        Comment


        • #5
          No.

          Of course no one should cry over silly things though.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by aynina View Post
            If you cry when you hear quran thats beautifull, if you cry for serious things it doesnt take away from manlyness, but if you cry because you ran out of chocolate you're a woman
            So you do?
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

            You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

              So you do?
              It could happen but that would be if a couple things have already gone wrong and thats added onto the pile, exhaustion and frustration are things that can make me cry, and i dont expect men to cry over such things
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

              O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

              Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by aynina View Post

                It could happen but that would be if a couple things have already gone wrong and thats added onto the pile, exhaustion and frustration are things that can make me cry, and i dont expect men to cry over such things
                I had the exact same situation today, in public as well lol. The stupidest little thing set me off. And I went into melt down. Obviously not because of the minor issue but because of the entire week/day. Plus tiredness and hunger.

                So OP as long as you're not behaving like this you're fine.
                Last edited by Rumaysah~; 04-07-18, 07:41 PM.
                شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post

                  I had the exact same situation today, in public as well lol. The stupidest little thing set me off. And I went into melt down. Obviously not because of the minor issue but because of the entire week/day. Plus tiredness and hunger.

                  So OP as long as you're not behaving like this you're fine.
                  Haha don't worry im exactly like that, hope you feel better!
                  يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

                  O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

                  Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by aynina View Post

                    It could happen but that would be if a couple things have already gone wrong and thats added onto the pile, exhaustion and frustration are things that can make me cry, and i dont expect men to cry over such things
                    We will cry if we want too.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by aynina View Post

                      Haha don't worry im exactly like that, hope you feel better!
                      Slowly recovering lol
                      شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                      فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                      وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                      ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Men are only allowed to cry when they step on a lego. That is it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

                          We will cry if we want too.
                          It's my party and i....
                          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

                          O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

                          Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No. Crying is a natural response to distress, grief, joy, just whatever causes a big outpouring of emotion. It's normal and you shouldn't suppress it. Strong men cry at such times. Weak men subscribe to shallow vain definitions of masculinity so they're insecure.
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by neelu View Post
                              No. Crying is a natural response to distress, grief, joy, just whatever causes a big outpouring of emotion. It's normal and you shouldn't suppress it. Strong men cry at such times. Weak men subscribe to shallow vain definitions of masculinity so they're insecure.
                              Why do you have to be so mean.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X