Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• niqabis that show their eyebrows?

salaams peeps

just wondering whats the ruling behind niqabis wearing the niqab but showing their eyebrows?

what are your thoughts on it?

personally i think if youre going to wear niqab then cover your eyebrows too
    “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
    they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

She'll look too scary and religious for irreligious people.

But then

She'll look too desperate and irreligious for religious people.

Comment

Walikumsalam,

i don't know the exact ruling for this but I thought it didn't matter because the eyebrows are quite close to the eyes and sometimes it's difficult to cover, so it can't be helped. It's not always practical or comfortable especially if you are just using the basic niqab that is tied around the head.

I try to cover the eyebrows but I'm hoping (not sure yet) to get a veil to cover the eyes in the future so that people can't see my eyes. I have noticed the eyes can look 'attractive' (not mine but other sisters I have seen and thought to myself, 'oh she seems quite pretty even with the niqab I can tell' - sorry everyone I am not a creep just saying).

Maybe other niqabis (I'm actually a part time niqabi lmso *smack*) have different experiences.

​​​​​​
      Last edited by Ya'sin; 27-06-18, 01:46 PM.
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Wearing niqab is an act of 'ibadah, and just like with any acts of 'ibadah, certain criteria have to be met in order for it to be accepted. So, we have to pause and ask ourselves, how did the sahabiyat, may Allah be pleased with them, wear the niqab? Did they show their eyebrows? When the answer to that question becomes clear, we have to ask ourselves, who are we in fact emulating when we are wearing our niqab?

If a sister is in doubt, she can always ask a person of knowledge or do some research.
        رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Lower your gaze and it won't be an issue for you.

Comment

Eyebrows for some people is right near eyes cant really say anything

its the ones that show half their fave whilst wearing niqaab or half their head

Comment

Just a general question for the sisters. Is wearing niqab in the uk easy? Has it become more difficult and why?

(admins I hope it's ok)
              رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                Lower your gaze and it won't be an issue for you.
                that goes without saying

its not an issue for me just something that got me wondering

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                  Walikumsalam,

i don't know the exact ruling for this but I thought it didn't matter because the eyebrows are quite close to the eyes and sometimes it's difficult to cover, so it can't be helped. It's not always practical or comfortable especially if you are just using the basic niqab that is tied around the head.

I try to cover the eyebrows but I'm hoping (not sure yet) to get a veil to cover the eyes in the future so that people can't see my eyes. I have noticed the eyes can look 'attractive' (not mine but other sisters I have seen and thought to myself, 'oh she seems quite pretty even with the niqab I can tell' - sorry everyone I am not a creep just saying).

Maybe other niqabis (I'm actually a part time niqabi lmso *smack*) have different experiences.

​​​​​​
                  how do you find wearing the niqab part time?

when you say part time is there any specific occasion that you wear it?

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

that goes without saying

You asked for a ruling then gave your opinion.

Not good form.

Comment

Why?
                      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

If covering the face isn't wajib in the first place then why would covering the eyebrows be a must?

It's obviously better and safer to just cover everything hands included, but I'm not going to go around telling sisters to pull their niqabs down. With all the turban hijabs these days some eyebrows are the least of our concerns.
                        شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                        فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                        وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                        ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

^I second that. There's more to life
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah

that goes without saying

You asked for a ruling then gave your opinion.

Not good form.
                            Sharing my opinion not fact

Comment

Originally posted by shay5

Why?
                              I just think if youre going to do it, do it properly

In the same sense as if your going to keep a beard grow it to fist length
                              Last edited by Simply_Logical; 27-06-18, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X