Leaving Islam because this Ummah has no respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Islam because this Ummah has no respect

I recently heard that a relative of mine is considering leaving Islam because he gets bullied by others for being a Muslim. Not only that, he feels that Muslims have no dignity left in the world, Nobody respects them. I'm surprised because this guy spent some time studying Islam and He memorized the entire Qur'an. How do I give him Naseeha?

And We have certainly created for Hell many of the jinn and mankind. They have hearts with which they do not understand, they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear. Those are like livestock; rather, they are more astray. It is they who are the heedless.
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Standalone quotes like the above aren't really helpful in cases like these.

Tell your cousin that a high worldly status is not necessarily a reflection of Allah's approval and a worldly status that might be seen as "low" is not necessarily an indication of Allah's disapproval. You'll have to ask him what he means by dignity. That's very abstract.

Comment

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
        the problem is with muslims not islam brother
        you should have a long conversation with him about why hes leaving islam if it just because he is getting bullied then you should remind him of the companions of the prophet peace be upon him and what the pagans of makkah
        we follow islam because its the true religion regardless of the state of muslims right now and no matter what happens to us we should remain on the religion of allah subhanahu wa talaa
        also i would love to talk to this brother see if u can get him to contact me through this forum by personal messages
        and allah knows best

Comment

Your faith shouldn’t depend on people or the actions of others

thought it may be understandable why one would build undeserved resentment to a faith if its adherents acted like this towards you

but faith should rest on your conviction and belief of the faith itself, it should not rest on the faith’s followers

Comment

Originally posted by ibrahim8k View Post
            I recently heard that a relative of mine is considering leaving Islam because he gets bullied by others for being a Muslim. Not only that, he feels that Muslims have no dignity left in the world, Nobody respects them. I'm surprised because this guy spent some time studying Islam and He memorized the entire Qur'an. How do I give him Naseeha?
            If it is as you have mentioned, then though he may have studied, he clearly has had problems accepting matters with sincerity to it.

So what if the people were to be happy with his Islam would he then believe?
            Or if the Ummah returned to the more dominant position would he then return?

If he did his Islam would be for the sake of his friends, or out of a sense of pride in his group, not for the sake of Allah and Islam is to be acceptable requires certainty not wavering one way or another depending on the whims of the people around him.
            FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by ibrahim8k View Post
              The above are not reasons to leave any faith.

Maybe he has other questions and concerns that he doesn't want to voice to avoid arguments with you? Maybe you should ask and try to help answer them if you can.

Comment

Why does he care about others, the relationship is with him and God ONLY! It doesn't help if he's being ridiculed, but people are people, like sheep, easily misled, why are people judged based on their faith, why are they not judged based on them being part of the human race.

Comment

What's he actually learnt or felt or believe if he leave his Deen for any reason

Your attitude could send you to heaven your attitude could send you to hell

https://youtu.be/j3DSSQfuRVE

Comment

It's not up to you as you can see he's got his own head and heart, no injustice shall remain, his relationship with his creator is to do with him only, you can't save him only Allah can, if he's wanted he will know.

Comment

He's going on like shaytan iblees would, or he's like 6 years old, what's receiving respect to do with anything, has he a kingdom? Was he not begotten? He can't think much of the principles of Islam if he's thinking of leaving he's saying like Allah would strip anyone of thier dignity through the Quran and Sunnah. Rather the opposite happens.
                      Last edited by MalikOne™; 10-05-20, 08:03 PM.

Comment

He's in his own world, the facts haven't been given to him so he remains in delusion, it could be a trial from shaytan tell him not to publicise such abhorrent speech, tell him Allah says have patience and hold tight to the rope of Allah.
                        Last edited by MalikOne™; 10-05-20, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Being ostracized isn’t a valid reason to leave Islam. Try talking to him and most importantly help him to make more muslim friends as I’ve found that to be important. Peer influence is actually very dangerous. I was recently recommended this video which I think could help. Good luck.

https://youtu.be/UDoDd3vsH90

Comment

he is free to do what he wants

Comment

Working...
                            X