Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im not sure as to whether im thinking correctly (islamically)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im not sure as to whether im thinking correctly (islamically)

Assalamualaykum
    I am struggling with something and it’s starting to effect everything I do

Alhamdulillah I pray all my namaz and try to read as much Qur’an as possible. I was born into Islam and have always believed in the afterlife and the fact that this world is temporary. but I have never really thought a lot about it until recently. I’ve heard a speech about the afterlife and how you should always be worried about it. I’ve started to take it more seriously alhamdulillah and am trying my best to do good deeds for the hereafter. I know I’m thinking the right thing when thinking that everything is temporary and the real enjoyment is in paradise. But this effects everything I do, by that I mean whenever I do something enjoying (halal of course) I always have the thought that I shouldn’t be enjoying myself because the real enjoyment is in paradise and I end up putting myself in a guilty and bad mood and I can’t enjoy anything I do.

I start university in September and of course would like to graduate and find a righteous wife Insha'Allah and a nice house, car etc in the coming years. I would like to do this for my own self and family and not to show off. I don’t intend to be extravagant but I want to work hard to afford nice things for my family and me. But whenever I think of this I feel like I shouldn’t be and that I should live average and not work hard or maybe even work hard but don’t spend the money but then again I always hear other muslims saying you should.
    My questions are that, should I continue to always think of the hereafter no matter what it might do (not being able to enjoy things). Secondly, can I have goals to work hard for myself and family (not to show off or be extravagant) and if I achieve them, can I buy nice things for us or should I live a modest life no matter of ones wealth.

im new to this forum and im not sure where to post questions, i hope someone sees this insha'Allah and can answer my questions
    may Allah Subhanahu WaTa'ala the Exalted forgive and guide us all

I’d appreciate no hate

Assalamualaykum

Walaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa baraktu.

First, in what country do you live and are you a citizen of that country?
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Sounds similar to me when i was younger. I remember when i used to have different dreams of those things you mention the car, house etc and was able to afford. Slowly i gave it all up, the designer clothes, the new car every year and pursuit for a better one. There just seemed to be much better uses for my money then indulging my desires. Guard against excess my brother. Especially if you live in the west as the society is built on consumerism. It feeds on the ego's and pride of men.

Comment

jazakAllah for your replies, (Abu Kamel)I live and was born in the UK (Sultan786)and there is a real demand from my parents and family as i am the only son who has such opportunities Alhamdulillah. im aware that everything ive been blessed with is from Allah subhanahu WaTa'ala only Alhamdillilah, and i always do things for Allah subhanahu WaTa'ala only and for my family etc, i try my best not to show off any successes. I mainly see these things as a duty towards Allah subhanahu WaTa'ala (Worship etc) and my parents (helping with their needs hopefully with a degree inshaAllah). but ive never really thought alot about myself and the kind of things I would like. which is the reason as to why the first question i posted is here. I was thinking about getting a degree inshaAllah and trying my best for a job where i can provide for my parents and a family of my own one day inshaAllah, not being extravagant with the latest cars but being able to afford a nice comfortable one for our needs only. i mainly want a simple, private life while working to also have nice things solely for my familys comfort.
        i fear that i may be in the wrong and that i should strive only for the hereafter and not give much thought about this life
        JazakAllah for your replies and forgive me for answering both replies in one, still not use to this forum yet
        may Allah subhanahu WaTa'ala forgive and guide us all
        Ameen

Comment

How did people go about with life while muslims are being tortured killed abused

you just go on with day to day life

Comment

Originally posted by Abrar18 View Post
            jazakAllah for your replies, (Abu Kamel)I live and was born in the UK (Sultan786)and there is a real demand from my parents and family as i am the only son who has such opportunities Alhamdulillah. im aware that everything ive been blessed with is from Allah subhanahu WaTa'ala only Alhamdillilah, and i always do things for Allah subhanahu WaTa'ala only and for my family etc, i try my best not to show off any successes. I mainly see these things as a duty towards Allah subhanahu WaTa'ala (Worship etc) and my parents (helping with their needs hopefully with a degree inshaAllah). but ive never really thought alot about myself and the kind of things I would like. which is the reason as to why the first question i posted is here. I was thinking about getting a degree inshaAllah and trying my best for a job where i can provide for my parents and a family of my own one day inshaAllah, not being extravagant with the latest cars but being able to afford a nice comfortable one for our needs only. i mainly want a simple, private life while working to also have nice things solely for my familys comfort.
            i fear that i may be in the wrong and that i should strive only for the hereafter and not give much thought about this life
            JazakAllah for your replies and forgive me for answering both replies in one, still not use to this forum yet
            Ameen
            Enjoy what Allah has blessed you with without excess. If you are granted excess then spend it to help the less fortunate.

Comment

Ameen
              Wa iyyak.

There is a lot can be said about this matter. As you are born and raised in the UK, you have most likely been ideologically cultured to function as an obedient capitalist consumer who's greatest value is what you can produce and contribute to the country's economy. As one has said here, you are to spend your life accruing debt, and loans to afford life, and then spending your life paying them off. Uni education may be free in some instances, but car loans, student loans, mortgages, health bills, followed by investments (IRAs, 401ks, stocks, etc). Then you are to pay for new home, and pay for kids, and vacations, and so forth. A lifetime of this cycle.

But these are not what are required and obligated of you from Islam.
              Rather, one must ask oneself "what does Allah want from me?"

Narrated that Mu’adh bin Jabal (rah) said:

“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) passed by me when I was riding a donkey, and said: ‘O Mu’adh, do you know what Allah’s right over His slaves is and what His slaves’ right over Allah is?’ I said: ‘Allah and His Messenger know best.’ He said: ‘The right of Allah over His slaves is that they should worship Him and not associate anything with Him. And the right of the slaves over Allah, if they do that, is that He should not punish them." [Sahih Ibn Majah]

[insha Allah more later]
              Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
              " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Assalamualaykum
                I am struggling with something and it’s starting to effect everything I do

Alhamdulillah I pray all my namaz and try to read as much Qur’an as possible. I was born into Islam and have always believed in the afterlife and the fact that this world is temporary. but I have never really thought a lot about it until recently. I’ve heard a speech about the afterlife and how you should always be worried about it. I’ve started to take it more seriously alhamdulillah and am trying my best to do good deeds for the hereafter. I know I’m thinking the right thing when thinking that everything is temporary and the real enjoyment is in paradise. But this effects everything I do, by that I mean whenever I do something enjoying (halal of course) I always have the thought that I shouldn’t be enjoying myself because the real enjoyment is in paradise and I end up putting myself in a guilty and bad mood and I can’t enjoy anything I do.

I start university in September and of course would like to graduate and find a righteous wife Insha'Allah and a nice house, car etc in the coming years. I would like to do this for my own self and family and not to show off. I don’t intend to be extravagant but I want to work hard to afford nice things for my family and me. But whenever I think of this I feel like I shouldn’t be and that I should live average and not work hard or maybe even work hard but don’t spend the money but then again I always hear other muslims saying you should.
                My questions are that, should I continue to always think of the hereafter no matter what it might do (not being able to enjoy things). Secondly, can I have goals to work hard for myself and family (not to show off or be extravagant) and if I achieve them, can I buy nice things for us or should I live a modest life no matter of ones wealth.

im new to this forum and im not sure where to post questions, i hope someone sees this insha'Allah and can answer my questions
                may Allah Subhanahu WaTa'ala the Exalted forgive and guide us all

I’d appreciate no hate

Assalamualaykum
                Ws brother

One thing you must NOT do is... stop gaining knowledge.

Yes, on the one hand the Muslim is supposed to live as if he may or may not wake up alive tomorrow, but on the other hand you have to balance it with other teachings of Islam...

Allah (swt) says do not forget your portion of the dunya.

Allah loves the strong believer more than the weak believer.

A person is strong if he has faith, knowledge, health, wealth, power, honor these are strengths in the life of this world.

Islam teaches us that if you have one day to live you should plant a tree.

Abdullah ibn Masud (ra) said if i had just 10 days left in Dunya i would get married.

So all these things have to be taken together.

On the other hand, yeah you should not enjoy excessive pleasure, give up as much of it as you are able. The son of Umar ibn al Khattab (ra) was eating meat, and Umar smacked him, so he asked "is it haram to eat meat?", Umar (ra) said No, but you should not give yourself everything you desire.

As a Muslim you still need to work hard (or smart - or both) and make money. Its what you do with the money that is different. Instead of blowing it on a extravagant parties or sporty cars you could invest it in your Akhirah, build a Well for some poor people it will be sadaqah jariyah, or build a Masjid etc.

So its not that the Muslim gives up on Dunya, its just that our priorities change.

You still need Money to fulfil obligations of Islam like Charity, Marriage, Hajj so you cannot ignore this need, just like you need food to function and do ibadah.

As Abu Kamel mentioned the importance of Tawheed. I would emphasize this even more. Just doing the ritual ibadah and fard may make you lose focus over time if they become habits so you need to remember the CORE of Islam is Tawheed.

You should spend a good portion of your time understanding Tawheed and Shirk as these are the most serious affairs for us. If you get one right (Tawheed) you will smash it and if you get the other wrong (Shirk) you will come to destruction no matter how well you do/dont do at life in general. If you get side tracked with Bidahs you will waste your life and time doing actions that will be of zero benefit, so focus your time on knowledge and learning these topics well.

May Allah give you success and forgive us all.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeecat View Post

Ws brother

One thing you must NOT do is... stop gaining knowledge.

Yes, on the one hand the Muslim is supposed to live as if he may or may not wake up alive tomorrow, but on the other hand you have to balance it with other teachings of Islam...

Allah (swt) says do not forget your portion of the dunya.

Allah loves the strong believer more than the weak believer.

A person is strong if he has faith, knowledge, health, wealth, power, honor these are strengths in the life of this world.

Islam teaches us that if you have one day to live you should plant a tree.

Abdullah ibn Masud (ra) said if i had just 10 days left in Dunya i would get married.

So all these things have to be taken together.

On the other hand, yeah you should not enjoy excessive pleasure, give up as much of it as you are able. The son of Umar ibn al Khattab (ra) was eating meat, and Umar smacked him, so he asked "is it haram to eat meat?", Umar (ra) said No, but you should not give yourself everything you desire.

As a Muslim you still need to work hard (or smart - or both) and make money. Its what you do with the money that is different. Instead of blowing it on a extravagant parties or sporty cars you could invest it in your Akhirah, build a Well for some poor people it will be sadaqah jariyah, or build a Masjid etc.

So its not that the Muslim gives up on Dunya, its just that our priorities change.

You still need Money to fulfil obligations of Islam like Charity, Marriage, Hajj so you cannot ignore this need, just like you need food to function and do ibadah.

As Abu Kamel mentioned the importance of Tawheed. I would emphasize this even more. Just doing the ritual ibadah and fard may make you lose focus over time if they become habits so you need to remember the CORE of Islam is Tawheed.

You should spend a good portion of your time understanding Tawheed and Shirk as these are the most serious affairs for us. If you get one right (Tawheed) you will smash it and if you get the other wrong (Shirk) you will come to destruction no matter how well you do/dont do at life in general. If you get side tracked with Bidahs you will waste your life and time doing actions that will be of zero benefit, so focus your time on knowledge and learning these topics well.

May Allah give you success and forgive us all.
                  WOW JAZAKALLAH you have really opened my mind to what i should be focusing on, so a balance of both akhirah and dunya is good as long as it is what is seen as good to Almighty Allah

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post

Wa iyyak.

There is a lot can be said about this matter. As you are born and raised in the UK, you have most likely been ideologically cultured to function as an obedient capitalist consumer who's greatest value is what you can produce and contribute to the country's economy. As one has said here, you are to spend your life accruing debt, and loans to afford life, and then spending your life paying them off. Uni education may be free in some instances, but car loans, student loans, mortgages, health bills, followed by investments (IRAs, 401ks, stocks, etc). Then you are to pay for new home, and pay for kids, and vacations, and so forth. A lifetime of this cycle.

But these are not what are required and obligated of you from Islam.
                    Rather, one must ask oneself "what does Allah want from me?"

Narrated that Mu’adh bin Jabal (rah) said:

“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) passed by me when I was riding a donkey, and said: ‘O Mu’adh, do you know what Allah’s right over His slaves is and what His slaves’ right over Allah is?’ I said: ‘Allah and His Messenger know best.’ He said: ‘The right of Allah over His slaves is that they should worship Him and not associate anything with Him. And the right of the slaves over Allah, if they do that, is that He should not punish them." [Sahih Ibn Majah]

[insha Allah more later]
                    JAZAKALLAH for your reply, i guess the ideology in the UK is what you have said and there are more useful things for my money. JazakAllah for all these replies, they have really opened my mind
                    may Allah Subhanahu WaTa'ala bless you all
                    Ameen

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan786 View Post

Enjoy what Allah has blessed you with without excess. If you are granted excess then spend it to help the less fortunate.
                      This is actually really great advice alhamdullillah. InshaAllah we will all be given the opportunity to spend for the less fortunate
                      may Allah Subhanahu WaTa'ala grant us the guidance to spend in His way
                      Ameen

Comment

don't chase money too much.

yes we need it, to survive because of this capitalist world but do not live your life for it.

nothing can bring you happiness other than worshiping ALLAH.

honestly, no point in trying all this buying cars, houses stuff.

In the end, it is nothing.

make real money, which are good deeds.

don't worry though.
                        when we turn up, capitalism will be thrown in the bin.

Comment

Walaykum salam,

It's good that you are so mindful of the akhirah and the temporary nature of the dunya. Having said that, Allah (swt) did not forbid enjoyment. Allah (swt) did not forbid having nice possessions. There is a hadith that clarifies the issue of "Fear Allah when it comes to your wealth" in which a man asked the Prophet (saw) if it was okay that he wears nice shoes and nice clothes to which the Prophet replied words to the effect of "Allah is beautiful and loves beauty" and explained that there's nothing wrong with him owning beautiful things. The hadith about fearing Allah when it comes to wealth is a warning against materialism- it's a warning against making your wealth the end goal instead of the pleasure of Allah (swt), because making wealth the end goal is what can lead people to temptation. Also there is great reward in spending in the way of Allah (swt), putting your wealth to good use to take care of your family and to help others if you can afford to.

For example, if you get a good job and you're earning halal rizq, then Allah (swt) rewards your intention to earn in a halal way and to avoid haram in your earnings. It is not sinful to be rich but you have to be mindful that you will be accounted for your wealth, which is why we are warned against extravagance, against flashing the cash in order to show superiority or dominance over those who have less. Anyway my point is if you work in a good job earning halal and are in a career you are well qualified for and really good at, then that's a rewardable deed... but let's say your boss wants to promote you but he only promotes people who socialise in pubs and go drinking with him- then if you attain that promotion by going drinking with him, your wealth becomes devoid of blessings because you prioritised the wealth and career instead of Allah (swt).

Also we are told in Quran and Sunnah about how spouses are garments for one another, meaning they have a close relationship and the translation also uses the word "enjoy" (sorry I don't know the Arabic enough to clarify further than that) their relationship. We are not forbidden from worldly pleasures- that is part of the beauty of Islam that we are not compelled to live like hermits in a cave, we're not told to live in poverty. We are told in the Quran to eat the good things Allah (swt) has provided for us. Enjoying what is halal is a blessing for which you give thanks- not a curse for which you feel guilty. Giving thanks and praise to Allah (swt) for being blessed with good permitted things is also part of Islam. What does the Quran say about the kufaar and the Ahlul kitaab when they were led astray? Allah (swt) tells us they are "ungrateful" and they "do not give thanks".

Allah (swt) teaches us about living and surviving through all situations. Teaches us that during adversity, we should have sabr and during prosperity we should give thanks. Also look at how Islamic rule brought justice and made the Ummah thrive during the rule of the Islamic Caliphate. People did not take vows of poverty; they built stable homes to live in, they built strong roads to travel on, they wore good clothes and worked for a living whilst ensuring everyone was provided for whether we're talking about disabled or orphaned people who cannot take care of themselves or whether we're talking about elderly dhimmis who are unable to work to earn a living and so on. When you see the suffering going on all over the world; it should drive and motivate you towards the Islamic obligation of working to re-establish the justice of the ruling system Allah (swt) provided for us in order to rid ourselves of all these societal ills, protect those who are vulnerable and never allow anyone to go hungry or homeless again. Without Islamic rule, that will never happen, even if all Muslims in the west gave up every penny of wealth to give to charities or the needy... because the way to solve these societal problems is through the establishment of Islam in a comprehensive manner (ruling system)- no amount of charity can ever come close to compensating for that no matter how much you give.
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                            How did people go about with life while muslims are being tortured killed abused

you just go on with day to day life
                            Akhi most of the ummah sleeps sound whilst muskims are bombed raped, butchered and oppressed.

Shows how sick most of our hearts have become
                            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                              Walaykum salam,

It's good that you are so mindful of the akhirah and the temporary nature of the dunya. Having said that, Allah (swt) did not forbid enjoyment. Allah (swt) did not forbid having nice possessions. There is a hadith that clarifies the issue of "Fear Allah when it comes to your wealth" in which a man asked the Prophet (saw) if it was okay that he wears nice shoes and nice clothes to which the Prophet replied words to the effect of "Allah is beautiful and loves beauty" and explained that there's nothing wrong with him owning beautiful things. The hadith about fearing Allah when it comes to wealth is a warning against materialism- it's a warning against making your wealth the end goal instead of the pleasure of Allah (swt), because making wealth the end goal is what can lead people to temptation. Also there is great reward in spending in the way of Allah (swt), putting your wealth to good use to take care of your family and to help others if you can afford to.

For example, if you get a good job and you're earning halal rizq, then Allah (swt) rewards your intention to earn in a halal way and to avoid haram in your earnings. It is not sinful to be rich but you have to be mindful that you will be accounted for your wealth, which is why we are warned against extravagance, against flashing the cash in order to show superiority or dominance over those who have less. Anyway my point is if you work in a good job earning halal and are in a career you are well qualified for and really good at, then that's a rewardable deed... but let's say your boss wants to promote you but he only promotes people who socialise in pubs and go drinking with him- then if you attain that promotion by going drinking with him, your wealth becomes devoid of blessings because you prioritised the wealth and career instead of Allah (swt).

Also we are told in Quran and Sunnah about how spouses are garments for one another, meaning they have a close relationship and the translation also uses the word "enjoy" (sorry I don't know the Arabic enough to clarify further than that) their relationship. We are not forbidden from worldly pleasures- that is part of the beauty of Islam that we are not compelled to live like hermits in a cave, we're not told to live in poverty. We are told in the Quran to eat the good things Allah (swt) has provided for us. Enjoying what is halal is a blessing for which you give thanks- not a curse for which you feel guilty. Giving thanks and praise to Allah (swt) for being blessed with good permitted things is also part of Islam. What does the Quran say about the kufaar and the Ahlul kitaab when they were led astray? Allah (swt) tells us they are "ungrateful" and they "do not give thanks".

Allah (swt) teaches us about living and surviving through all situations. Teaches us that during adversity, we should have sabr and during prosperity we should give thanks. Also look at how Islamic rule brought justice and made the Ummah thrive during the rule of the Islamic Caliphate. People did not take vows of poverty; they built stable homes to live in, they built strong roads to travel on, they wore good clothes and worked for a living whilst ensuring everyone was provided for whether we're talking about disabled or orphaned people who cannot take care of themselves or whether we're talking about elderly dhimmis who are unable to work to earn a living and so on. When you see the suffering going on all over the world; it should drive and motivate you towards the Islamic obligation of working to re-establish the justice of the ruling system Allah (swt) provided for us in order to rid ourselves of all these societal ills, protect those who are vulnerable and never allow anyone to go hungry or homeless again. Without Islamic rule, that will never happen, even if all Muslims in the west gave up every penny of wealth to give to charities or the needy... because the way to solve these societal problems is through the establishment of Islam in a comprehensive manner (ruling system)- no amount of charity can ever come close to compensating for that no matter how much you give.
                              MashAllah this really inspired me to realise what TRUE wealth is and not just worldly wealth. Like the other replies I’ve seen, MashAllah this has also opened up my heart to what’s right and wrong and to what should I be focusing on and sacrifices for Allah Subhanahu WaTa’ala (the promotion example)
                              May Allah Subhanahu WaTa’ala bless you and us all
                              Ameen

Comment

Working...
                              X