Thinking of leaving Islam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of leaving Islam

I have a close family member who is thinking of leaving Islam. He is a young man raised in London who has recently been asking questions about Islam and the existance of God. He says he belives in a Creator, but has doubts about Islam. In particular questions pertaining to why suffering in the world exists etc. He hasn't revealed his doubts to anyone in the family other than myself. I feel unable to answer his questions satisfactorily and also don't feel able to get support from my family who don't know. Is there anyone I can take him to to get further understanding or help? I have thought about the local Masjids, however I don't think they will be able to give him the answers that he needs. Is there anyone else?

Try get waseem kempson to speak to him hes an imam in west london and appears on imaan channel
    hes a convert as well
    so he may able to answer those questions
    hes not a typical imam hel give good advice and answers

Comment

Muslims Search Engine !
      And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/is-god-...vil-suffering/
        http://www.onereason.org/why-does-god-allow-evil/
        Muslims Search Engine !
        And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

Hamza Tzortzis is not a sound source on Islam, in my opinion. Or at least, his residing in Britain has caused him to deviate from the Straight Path. May Allah guide him.

Here are some alternative sources:

https://www.islamreligion.com/

Last edited by Abu Kamel; 29-05-18, 05:05 PM.
          Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
          " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMaryam84 View Post
            I have a close family member who is thinking of leaving Islam. He is a young man raised in London who has recently been asking questions about Islam and the existance of God. He says he belives in a Creator, but has doubts about Islam. In particular questions pertaining to why suffering in the world exists etc. He hasn't revealed his doubts to anyone in the family other than myself. I feel unable to answer his questions satisfactorily and also don't feel able to get support from my family who don't know. Is there anyone I can take him to to get further understanding or help? I have thought about the local Masjids, however I don't think they will be able to give him the answers that he needs. Is there anyone else?
            He isn't thinking straight, ask him why that makes him doubt Islam,
            ​​​​​​
            He wont be able to give you any logical reply.

If you show him his stupidity perhaps that will make jim think clearly.
            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

It sounds like his heart isn't in it anymore. He needs something other than logic and reason to change his heart.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMaryam84 View Post
                Assalamu alaykum

There are tons of Du'at and students of knowledge in London and it's surrounding areas. Perhaps you could seek help from an Imam outside of your immediate locality?

It might be a good idea if you speak to the Imam first, then set an appointment after a prayer time, and invite your brother to tag along with you for a day trip.

You should also take the time to study these matters in depth. Understand the Islamic position. Listen to lectures and read articles on the topic. I believe Abdur Raheem Green had a good YouTube video on the matter. You should become his personal Da'ee, through your actions and speech, InshaAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan786 View Post
                  It sounds like his heart isn't in it anymore. He needs something other than logic and reason to change his heart.
                  Then he's a Kaafir and good riddance,

Comment

Any other suggestions.? I'm going to try Waseem Kempson.
                    What do IERA do?

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Then he's a Kaafir and good riddance,
                      With all due respect, that's a very harsh attitude to take on this particular issue. Can't write him off just like that, when there is still hope he can be guided and have doubts cleared.
                      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Ask him what brought this on and what was the turning point that led him to this line of thinking? It could be that a pivotal moment, or a person who is a bad influence has maybe sent some articles or he's faced some sort of trauma from a trusted person- something specific might have prompted this so it can help to find out what that is. Like for example if someone was brought up in a domestic violence household, then he'd find it hard to believe that Islam gave rights to women especially when the community say to stay in the abusive relationship and people mistakenly associate the cultural jahiliya with Islam. So simply saying Islam teaches this or that wont help cos' in practice he's seeing something else and you have to address that side of things. So finding out the root of the problem can help you uproot it.
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

(Jazaa'akillah Khair. Baarakallah feek. Alhamdulillah ^)
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                          -------------------------------
                          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan786 View Post
                            Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post

With all due respect, that's a very harsh attitude to take on this particular issue. Can't write him off just like that, when there is still hope he can be guided and have doubts cleared.
                            Akhi if he is beyond reason and his heart isn't in it, and he needs something other than logic and reason to change him, there is nothing we can do, hence my reply.

Comment

The universe is perfectly balanced in accordance to the will of the Creator ().
                              Balanced in such a way that there are consequences for one's actions.
                              Free choice, enables us to choose between good or evil.

Other than reason and logic? Perhaps emotions or feelings.

A child may watch a hero jump over a car or bend metal, and get emotional and try to imitate them...
                              They won't accept the reality that they can't or that it would harm them, until they trip and fall, compare, and make connections between concepts (analogical reasoning).

His emotions needs to be falsified in order for him to use his logical and reasoning skills, but be careful of cognitive dissonance.

Only Allah () knows best.
                              Last edited by tumbirs; 10-06-18, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X