Unibrow on women

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unibrow on women

‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Allaah has cursed the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows (al-naamisah) and the one who has it done (al-mutanammisah), and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.”

Can someone link a clarification for this? My understanding plucking any hairs on your eyebrows is haram. Then again, mine are blonde so no one sees them anyway, so it's not something I really worry about. Just clarifying between sisters.
    لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
    سورة الإخلاص

It says eyebrows. Not hair growing between the eyebrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Faculty View Post
      It says eyebrows. Not hair growing between the eyebrows.
      Eyebrows are the hair on your browline above your eyes. It's all eyebrows.
      لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
      سورة الإخلاص

Comment

It's permissible to remove
        "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
        - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Bismillah.

https://islamqa.info/en/21400

It is permissible to remove the hair BETWEEN the eyebrows- this space between being known. And it apparently would constitute a "unibrow " that connects the two eyebrows.Bismi

And Allah knows best.
          Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
          " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Working...
          X