Hadith giving me doubt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jabir102900 View Post
    My disgusting mentality?! What are you talking about. I simply cited the hadiths that irritated me from the website and in there people were talking about umar ra in a different way and criticizing him. i was wondering if someone could tell me differently. Now you claim that im a dirty shayateen because of this?
    Ignore him.

Which website are you referring to?

Comment

http://www.ebnmaryam.com/vb/t203919.html
      its was a link from a face book page where they talked badly about . Its all in arabic and then i had it translated by a friend.

Comment

http://www.ebnmaryam.com/vb/t203919.html
        its was a link from a face book page where they talked badly about . Its all in arabic and then i had it translated by a friend.
        There's an English section on there: http://www.ebnmaryam.com/vb/f60

Comment

Ok thank you. And ig ill try to forget about all these hadith and focus on whats more important.

Comment

Ok thank you. And ig ill try to forget about all these hadith and focus on whats more important.
            Good idea.

I had a quick browse of the site and it's weird to say the least. Stick to mainstream sources.

Don't learn about Islam on the internet unless you know what you're doing. Only go to sites that are run by people that are known and can be verified.

Comment

The reports which mention what is allowed for an owner to look at of his female slaves, then this is no different than the Shari'ah also discussing what is allowed for a man to look at of his wife and vice-versa. There are differences of opinion about this matter and what the limits are with some restricting it to below the knees and above the navel and some saying that the female slave is like the free woman in that all of her is private.

Another things to consider is that people at that time, i.e. 7th century Hijri, were not as sex-crazed as they are today. For that reason, Maliki scholars and others were saying over 200 years ago the following about a female slave covering herself:

نَعَمْ حَيْثُ كَثُرَ الْفَسَادُ كَمَا فِي هَذَا الزَّمَانِ فَلَا يَنْبَغِي الْكَشْفُ لَا فِي الصَّلَاةِ وَلَا فِي غَيْرِهَا بَلْ يَنْبَغِي سَتْرُهَا لَكِنْ عَلَى وَجْهٍ يُمَيِّزُهَا مِنْ الْحَرَائِرِ

"Yes, from the perspective of corruption/evil increasing, like in this time, then uncovering is not appropriate, not within the prayer nor outside of it. Rather, covering herself is necessary. However, [the female slave] must distinguish herself from free Muslim women in some way..."

See ash-Sharh al-Kabeer by Shaykh ad-Dardir, 1/215

Typically, female slaves would not cover their hair, according to the majority of scholars, while they differed about what was obligatory for the female slave to cover for their prayer to be valid and they differed over what was allowed for the owner to see of her. As for purchasing a female slave, then it was allowed to see certain parts and to conduct a physical examination to the extent of checking the stomach and the chest, according to some reports from the Companions RA and the Tabi'een, however there is nothing from the Prophet SAWS about what is allowed to see of the female slave before purchase.

Scholars have clearly adjusted some of the rulings related to female slaves over time out of consideration for Fitnah and the spread of evil.

Those who hold slavery to be repugnant will hold many of the Islamic rulings surrounding the issue in the same regard, however that is a major mistake. The best approach to these matters, and all matters really, is to not concern oneself with hypotheticals. Unless you're in the market for female slaves, there's no reason to put these rulings at a higher priority than the rulings related to the chapters of Fiqh which are obligatory to know like those related to prayer, ablution, fasting, charity, pilgrimage, transactions, and other areas that one must practice on a daily basis.

A Muslim who lacks basic knowledge is areas of jurisprudence which must be practiced on a daily basis who concerns himself/herself with an area of Fiqh that they may never deal with in their entire life is a distraction of the Shaytan.

Comment

My disgusting mentality?! What are you talking about. I simply cited the hadiths that irritated me from the website and in there people were talking about umar ra in a different way and criticizing him. i was wondering if someone could tell me differently. Now you claim that im a dirty shayateen because of this?
                You enyertained the thought that the one who even Shaytan takes a hike from would commit something dirty,

So yes you have disgusting mentality, instead of thinking well of one of the greatest sahaba radiallahu anhum, you started doubting and thinking evil of him,

1. You have a problem with slavery, probably due to some perverted ideas from the kuffar which are rattling around in your mind

2. You didnt read the links cited earlier to Sheikh Munajjids website.

Read them and then come back with a sensible question
                Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 28-05-18, 09:07 AM.
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                X