Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left- handedness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Left- handedness

    Approximately 10% of world population is left-handed.Can our scholars enlighten us on as to whether Islam imposes any change on left - handed people to perform tasks ?

  • #2
    Brother/Sister, you'll have to provide some context so we can understand exactly what your concerns are regarding using the left hand to perform certain tasks.

    Comment


    • #3
      If you mean stuff like eating with the right hand then there are no changes. You eat with your right hand.

      I remember this coming up in a Q&A and the shaykh answered as such.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
        Approximately 10% of world population is left-handed.Can our scholars enlighten us on as to whether Islam imposes any change on left - handed people to perform tasks ?
        Akhi Left handed doesn't mean the other hand is useless and vice versa

        We eat with our right hands regardless and we do istinja with our left hands.

        جزاك الله خيرا
        Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 09-05-18, 11:50 PM.
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

        "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

        – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
          Approximately 10% of world population is left-handed.Can our scholars enlighten us on as to whether Islam imposes any change on left - handed people to perform tasks ?
          it wouldnt change anything as left handed people always existed

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
            Approximately 10% of world population is left-handed.Can our scholars enlighten us on as to whether Islam imposes any change on left - handed people to perform tasks ?
            Well if your left hand is your strong hand and you write with it and things like that, than its okay for you to use your left hand as your dominant hand if its naturally that way, but if you can train your right hand to be used as your strong hand than that would be good inshallah

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by muhajir12 View Post

              Well if your left hand is your strong hand and you write with it and things like that, than its okay for you to use your left hand as your dominant hand if its naturally that way, but if you can train your right hand to be used as your strong hand than that would be good inshallah
              Very rational and sensible.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by i.carrim View Post

                Very rational and sensible.
                Thank you

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dontknowname View Post

                  it wouldnt change anything as left handed people always existed
                  Lol yeah that's true I mean it's not like left handed people just popped up recently.

                  جزاك الله خيرا
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                  "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                  – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am left handed when writing and so is my brother, however with sports we are different, but other than that our right hands are dominant but at times left hand is for different things.

                    Each to their own, yes world population has 10% of left handers but me and my brother are lefted, few of my cousins are too but most are right handed.

                    Our dad keeps telling us as a joke that we are weird for being left handed oh well

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by i.carrim View Post

                      Very rational and sensible.
                      That doesn't include things like eating. Eating with the right hand is wajib.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am left handed.
                        If anyone is interested to know.

                        Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

                        **** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

                        Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                          I am left handed.
                          If anyone is interested to know.
                          i dont think so



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Some people find it harder to control their libido than others. This is because of changes in the DRD4 gene.

                            Some people find it harder to control their anger. This is because of changes in the DARPP-32 gene.

                            Yet, you have to control your anger.

                            You have to control your libido.

                            Islam legislates this.

                            Scientists believe left-handedness is linked to the LRRTM1 gene.

                            The good news when it comes to your hand is the more you use one hand for a specific task the more natural it feels over time.

                            I remember there was a time when I used to sniff water up my nose with my left hand during Wuduu. I am right handed. If I ever tried to do it with my right hand it felt so weird and nu-natural.

                            Once you practice following the Sunnah and doing things such as eating with your right hand, you will, in no time, notice that it becomes so natural.

                            That is really all there is to it.
                            Watch those eyes

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                              Some people find it harder to control their libido than others. This is because of changes in the DRD4 gene.

                              Some people find it harder to control their anger. This is because of changes in the DARPP-32 gene.

                              Yet, you have to control your anger.

                              You have to control your libido.

                              Islam legislates this.

                              Scientists believe left-handedness is linked to the LRRTM1 gene.

                              The good news when it comes to your hand is the more you use one hand for a specific task the more natural it feels over time.

                              I remember there was a time when I used to sniff water up my nose with my left hand during Wuduu. I am right handed. If I ever tried to do it with my right hand it felt so weird and nu-natural.

                              Once you practice following the Sunnah and doing things such as eating with your right hand, you will, in no time, notice that it becomes so natural.

                              That is really all there is to it.
                              Thanks for this enlightenment.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X