Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I wrong? (#facebook drama; #imitating kufaar; etc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I wrong? (#facebook drama; #imitating kufaar; etc)

Assalamu alaykum and sabah noor,

I was on FB this morning and while scrolling, someone posted in a group a link for "Eid trees." I commented, "Too much like a Christmas tree," and another revert said so. I told her it imitates the kaffir, because Christmas trees are a Pagan ritual adapted by the Church to convert Pagans. She then tried to tell me breathing was imitating the kaffir. Another sister commented she didn't wear hijab and if I'd say it to her (that she imitates the kaffir). At that point, I threw my hands up and said it's bidah and left it at that. I was then kicked out of the group (it's a local sisters group) by the admin after she agreed with the others.

Am I overreacting? Or, are they just refusing to admit it's haraam to have a tree with presents under it?

Jazak allahu khayr.
    لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
    سورة الإخلاص

Sounds like they done you a favour by kicking you out of the group. It's not worth having such 'friends'.

BTW, you should delete facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasirah87 View Post

I was on FB this morning and while scrolling, someone posted in a group a link for "Eid trees." I commented, "Too much like a Christmas tree," and another revert said so. I told her it imitates the kaffir, because Christmas trees are a Pagan ritual adapted by the Church to convert Pagans. She then tried to tell me breathing was imitating the kaffir. Another sister commented she didn't wear hijab and if I'd say it to her (that she imitates the kaffir). At that point, I threw my hands up and said it's bidah and left it at that. I was then kicked out of the group (it's a local sisters group) by the admin after she agreed with the others.

Am I overreacting? Or, are they just refusing to admit it's haraam to have a tree with presents under it?

Jazak allahu khayr.
      No you weren't overreacting, you were right.

That group seems like a bunch of bad eggs, unfortunately we get that sometimes.

جزاك الله خيرا
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Jazak allahu khayr.
        I didn't know the kafir invented breathing. These are your modern day liberal Muslims.

Muslims these days even buy Christmas trees during Christmas time. God forbid they be left out of any western tradition. Bet their dads dress up as the Easter bunny come Easter time.
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Jazak allahu khayr.
          It is actually your friends who have over reacted by kicking you out of the group.

Comment

Wow. Seriously how can people be so ignorant. What kind of sister group is this when they refuse to accept basic Muslim concepts. I can't believe they would kick you out for speaking the truth.

Comment

Alhamdulillah you are no longer member of that group. If I were you, I would be happy being kicked out after speaking out. I wouldn't want to stick around and find out more ways they are immitating pagans.
              39:37-38 Isn't Allah sufficient for His servant ? And [yet], they threaten you with those [they worship] other than Him. And whoever Allah leaves astray - for him there is no guide. And whoever Allah guides - for him there is no misguidance. Isn't Allah Exalted in Might and Owner of Retribution?

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                Wow. Seriously how can people be so ignorant. What kind of sister group is this when they refuse to accept basic Muslim concepts. I can't believe they would kick you out for speaking the truth.
                There's plenty of people like that, unfortunately

I remember one sister who didn't want to know about the miracles in the Qur'an,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Jazak allahu khayr.
                  You didn't do anything wrong. You were right to speak out about it. Just out of curiosity - were they born Muslims?

The fact that they kicked you out reflects their nature more than anything else. So just ignore and move on.

I checked my local FB group today and one sister posted a quote (which was originally posted by Mufti Menk) and passed it off as her own. The audacity of some people -_-

I didn't call her out on it though.

Comment

Morrison's do chocolate calendars for the month of Ramadhan.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                      Morrison's do chocolate calendars for the month of Ramadhan.
                      My sibling asked me would it be allowed for her to buy this for her kids?

Anyone know lol I said to her I don't see why not

As far as I'm aware the calendar doesn't have traces back to pagan beliefs it's just like a countdown to a specific day

The Christmas tree is too much though as the tree itself has history behind, so it wasn't wrong for Yasirah to speak the truth and from the sounds of it she wasn't rude or anything, she stated the facts

Correct me if I'm wrong on the calendar thing
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                        Sounds like they done you a favour by kicking you out of the group. It's not worth having such 'friends'.

BTW, you should delete facebook.
                        I have FB but I don't use it, probably have random strangers as friends

It's just there if I need to look up a person so I'm keeping it as it doesn't have much data about me

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Jazak allahu khayr.
                          First man to breath was adam and he was a muslim,and breathing is not imitating the kuffar .

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

I checked my local FB group today and one sister posted a quote (which was originally posted by Mufti Menk) and passed it off as her own. The audacity of some people -_-

I didn't call her out on it though.
                            I'm petty, I would have called her out.
                            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post

I'm petty, I would have called her out.
                              Hmm. It was tempting - I could've just screenshot the Mufti's post and posted it as a comment under the sister's post. That thought did occur to me. But then I thought "Nah, forget it. Life's too short". (Plus she might use that against me on DoJ and say I humiliated her and should've done it in private). And who's got time for all of that?

Comment

Working...
                              X