Advising Sisters to Wear Hijab and Obey Allah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advising Sisters to Wear Hijab and Obey Allah

Just a reminder, to give sisters the same advice you would give to your Mother and Sisters. Don't talk to them in a way you wouldn't talk to your mother about Hijab. Learn to respect them.

I witnessed a Muslim man telling a sister ''Hey, wear the hijab. what kind of muslim are you?''. I'm left wondering is he trying to shame her or help her?

One top of that, it's none of your business. She has Men in her family. Let them deal with that.

Originally posted by hassan246 View Post
    Just a reminder, to give sisters the same advice you would give to your Mother and Sisters. Don't talk to them in a way you wouldn't talk to your mother about Hijab. Learn to respect them.

I witnessed a Muslim man telling a sister ''Hey, wear the hijab. what kind of muslim are you?''. I'm left wondering is he trying to shame her or help her?

One top of that, it's none of your business. She has Men in her family. Let them deal with that.
    A Mother is not at the same level as your sisters or brothers,

We don't talk to them In the same way,

Parents are on a different level, we have more respect for them.

That depends who your talking about,

If it's an evil done in public, you can advise against it.

Of course if the person is gonna lash out and Make a scene than your probably right to just mind your own business.

Akhi you should read this thread ...

Particularly the first and fifth posts,

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/is...r-own-business

جزاك الله خيرا
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 13-04-18, 02:22 PM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

I agree i think he should have said it differently. People sometimes need to consider that some of us are ignorant to our deen.
      Last edited by pain25; 19-04-18, 03:27 AM.

Comment

These men of jahyliah are the problem in our ummah. May Allah get rid of them for us and guide us.

Comment

Yes, it's mostly none of your business but if you want to offer advice then be sincere please brothers and sisters. A sincere person will always do more good than harm.

Comment

These men of jahyliah are the problem in our ummah. May Allah get rid of them for us and guide us.
            You seem to be a bit too emotional akhi, calm down and think what your saying

Your asking Allah عز و جل to get rid of a Muslim man because he said... "''Hey, wear the hijab. what kind of muslim are you?''

Is this how you behave when a Muslim does something without hikma?

You want Allah عز و جل to wipe him out?

Your condemning yourself as well, through this extreme reaction, or have you forgotten what you said about parents?

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
            Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 15-04-18, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

You seem to be a bit too emotional akhi, calm down and think what your saying

Your asking Allah عز و جل to get rid of a Muslim man because he said... "''Hey, wear the hijab. what kind of muslim are you?''

Is this how you behave when a Muslim does something without hikma?

You want Allah عز و جل to wipe him out?

Your condemning yourself as well, through this extreme reaction, or have you forgotten what you said about parents?

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
              Perhaps I should have had worded a bit differently.

You took it as getting rid of these men, meaning take their life away. I want that particular mindset of jahyliah that exists in our community to be removed. Nothing wrong with that. Hence why I added "guide us" at the end of my previous post.

If you think being aggressive and slandering someone will guide them, then you're a fool. (of course im not talking about you personally). Nothing good ever came out when you're being aggressive.

You mentioned my parents, and there's a difference between having a discussion about hanging an object to protect the house vs. a man straight up passing judgements on someone else's mother, sister, daughters or wife. Even giving sincere advice to them should be done by other sisters anyways. If you wanna advice them, talk to their husband, brothers or father instead. You have no right to walk up to them casually giving advice.
              Last edited by hassan246; 16-04-18, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Perhaps I should have had worded a bit differently.

You took it as getting rid of these men, meaning take their life away. I want that particular mindset of jahyliah that exists in our community to be removed. Nothing wrong with that. Hence why I added "guide us" at the end of my previous post.

If you think being aggressive and slandering someone will guide them, then you're a fool. (of course im not talking about you personally). Nothing good ever came out when you're being aggressive.

You mentioned my parents, and there's a difference between having a discussion about hanging an object to protect the house vs. a man straight up passing judgements on someone else's mother, sister, daughters or wife. Even giving sincere advice to them should be done by other sisters anyways. If you wanna advice them, talk to their husband, brothers or father instead. You have no right to walk up to them casually giving advice.
                Lack of hikma is not necessarily Jahilliya, what he said was correct, he just just said it the wrong way.

I mentioned the thread where you tried to justify bad mouthing parents where a sister called any parent trying to marry their son or daughter of to somone they don't like as "Disgusting animals"

This is clearly not permitted, and I've reasoned with you before, you let emotions cloud your intellect.

According to your post, you condemned yourself.

About time you start thinking carefully what your saying and the consequences of it, before having tantrums.

Comment

Those types get blown off. They think they’re helping by offloading their own inadequacies onto someone else, which, in the long run, isn’t effective. But, the greater question is: Was it ever meant to be effective? I heard someone say recently, something along the lines of, you never get someone to come around by punching them in the face.

Comment

If appropriate, it would be good to explain to that person to refrain from speaking to a sister like that. If anything, it can push her away from the hijab.

If we want to advise people we should do so the way our Prophet did صلى الله عليه وسلم.

Sidenote: Those who do not wear the hijab will not be able to fully comprehend how difficult it can be for those who do. Just something to bare in mind before addressing those who are struggling.
                    ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah1436 View Post

If appropriate, it would be good to explain to that person to refrain from speaking to a sister like that. If anything, it can push her away from the hijab.

If we want to advise people we should do so the way our Prophet did صلى الله عليه وسلم.

Sidenote: Those who do not wear the hijab will not be able to fully comprehend how difficult it can be for those who do. Just something to bare in mind before addressing those who are struggling.
                      Sisters should talk to them about Tawhid and why Allah deserves to be worshiped instead of throwing laws at them. It doesn't work. If she's able to understand that, then it will make sense for her to wear hijab. Most teenagers and young adults, grew up with parents telling them ''do this, don't do that'' and quoting them hadiths out of context. They don't even know why they're muslims sometime.

Comment

Sisters should talk to them about Tawhid and why Allah deserves to be worshiped instead of throwing laws at them. It doesn't work. If she's able to understand that, then it will make sense for her to wear hijab. Most teenagers and young adults, grew up with parents telling them ''do this, don't do that'' and quoting them hadiths out of context. They don't even know why they're muslims sometime.
                        Dos and don'ts yes, but what hadith parents are supposedly telling you out of context, that's a new one since non practicing parents would hardly be likely to tell you hadith.

Give an example

Most ​​​teenagers and young adults tend to be hot blooded and more often than not rebellious, I think you forgot to mention that.

Comment

Working...
                        X