Qadr vs Personal choice.. I dont get it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qadr vs Personal choice.. I dont get it

I've just been doing some research into Qadr and kinda confused hoping you guys can help.

I'll use an example.

Person A has a good life and all of a sudden something doesn't go as planned in his life, which was a result of a decision he made. he says Alhumdulilah and tries to get closer to Allah in his hardship

Same scenario with person B but instead of getting closer to Allah he goes rouge.

so why does person B go rogue and person A tries to get closer to Allah - is this action a personal choice we make or is it Allah ways of punishing or gifting us (the gift would that Allah allowed person A to get closer to him vice versa)

Was that the sole purpose of that hardship and nothing else?

Apologies in advance if the post is confusing.

Not sure where I heard this but here goes:

How do you tell the difference between a punishment and a test?

A test will bring you closer to allah.

Comment

Originally posted by R1rider View Post
      Not sure where I heard this but here goes:

How do you tell the difference between a punishment and a test?

A test will bring you closer to allah.
      Thats if you pass the test I take it ?

Comment

Originally posted by mynameis123 View Post

Thats if you pass the test I take it ?
        LOL if your reaction brought you closer to allah swt in anyway that's passing the quiz for now, the actual test ends with our last breath

Comment

You need to be the type of person who will love Allah no matter what happens, whether he gives you good fortune or not. You just need to be in that head space and then no matter what, you will make the right choice and stay with him when things go bad. If the person turns away the second things go bad then they were not grateful to Allah, to begin with and they would fail the test that they went through. Allah does these tests to see who is sincere and who isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by R1rider View Post

LOL if your reaction brought you closer to allah swt in anyway that's passing the quiz for now, the actual test ends with our last breath
            ah true !

Comment

It’s always a personal choice same way you decided to make this thread. Now you could get punished and tested for sinning which is always has Wisdom behind it and is a different story in itself, but it’s always a personal choice

Comment

I just read a translation of an aya from surat al bakarah that I think is applicable to your question. "Allah does not shy away from making an example of a gnat, or something above it. As for those who believe, they know the truth from their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, they say "What did Allah intend by this example?" He leads astray many thereby, and He guides many thereby; But he misleads thereby only the evildoers." (Baqara 26)

Comment

Working...
                X