Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you from a former depression victim

Salaam Aleikum all,

I wanted to send this message to people who replied to my original posts but I feel I owe this to the Ummah community. My mum always says you leave a place in a better state than how you found it, so I thought I'd share this thank you!

For 7 years I went through phases of depression, loneliness even some suicidal thoughts. But this community really helped me pull my feet from the dirt. I now push myself to do my best mentally, physically and socially so that someday I can give the world back what was given to me.

You see, thanks to all of you I came to realise that Islam or life is not just about prayers and reciting or looks and money, it's about carrying your morals through the darkest of nights and the brightest of days. And inshallah I will keep on carrying till my last breath.

I wish the best to all of you in this life and the hereafter.

Al-Hamdulilah. Allah Azza wa Jal rectifies the hearts.
    The Prophet s.a.a.w warned when he said: "You will surely follow the ways of those who came before you, in exactly the same fashion, to the point were they to enter the hole of a lizard, you too would enter it." It was asked of him, "O Messenger of Allah s.a.a.w., do you mean the Jews and Christians?" He replied, "Who else?" (Bukhari and Muslim)

Comment

Working...
    X