Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going bald...

AA

Is it okay for a female to shave all her hair off?

Why would you want to do that if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
      Why would you want to do that if you don't mind me asking?
      I have wanted to do it for a long time... I want to know what my head shape looks like and how my hair will grow back. I have also read it is such a liberating experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Halima27 View Post

I have wanted to do it for a long time... I want to know what my head shape looks like and how my hair will grow back. I have also read it is such a liberating experience.
        Well I did a quick google search and apparently its haram unless you have a valid reason like having cancer. This is the ruling if you want to read it https://islamqa.info/en/95364

Comment

There may be people who have lost their hair and find this thread insensitive.

You have way too much time on your hands..if you want to know wht your head looks like, put a swim cap on it. Take a pic, itll last longer...
          Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

i believe it falls under immitation of the oposite sex, which invokes the curse of Allah upon oneself
            Allahu alam
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
              i believe it falls under immitation of the oposite sex, which invokes the curse of Allah upon oneself
              Allahu alam
              Is there an authentic hadith for this if so could you send it please

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

Well I did a quick google search and apparently its haram unless you have a valid reason like having cancer. This is the ruling if you want to read it https://islamqa.info/en/95364
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                  There may be people who have lost their hair and find this thread insensitive.

You have way too much time on your hands..if you want to know wht your head looks like, put a swim cap on it. Take a pic, itll last longer...
                  Apologies if anyone finds this insensitive. My swim cap doesn't flatten my head completely. Got too much hair. I actually would have more time on my hands if I didn't have to deal with so much hair.

Comment

Apologies if anyone finds this insensitive. My swim cap doesn't flatten my head completely. Got too much hair. I actually would have more time on my hands if I didn't have to deal with so much hair.
                    If you have thick hair, buy thinning scissors and cut through it.
                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

There are alternatives you can turn to instead of shaving it all off. You'll probably regret it in the end.
                      Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

I'm sure if you did something different with your hair you wouldn't feel like you need to shave it all off. Shaving it all off is a massive commitment and if you don't like the way it looks your going to have to spend months or even years trying to grow it back

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Is there an authentic hadith for this if so could you send it please

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet (s.a.w) cursed women who imitate men and men who imitate women.

[Ref: Sunan Abi Dawud 4097, 4098, 4099 Sahih; Sunan Ibn Maajah, Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1904; Imam Ahmad in his Musnad]

It was narrated from Salim bin 'Abdullah that his father said: "The Messenger of Allah said:

"There are three at whom Allah will not look on the Day of Resurrection: The one who disobeys his parents, the woman who imitates men in her outward appearance, and the cuckold (one whose wife is unfaithful . And there are three who will not enter Paradise: The one who disobeys his parents, the drunkard, and the one who reminds people of what he has given them."'

[Ref: Sunan Abi Dawud 4930, Sahih and by Imam Bukhaari in his Aadab al Mufrad]
                          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet (s.a.w) cursed women who imitate men and men who imitate women.

[Ref: Sunan Abi Dawud 4097, 4098, 4099 Sahih; Sunan Ibn Maajah, Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1904; Imam Ahmad in his Musnad]

It was narrated from Salim bin 'Abdullah that his father said: "The Messenger of Allah said:

"There are three at whom Allah will not look on the Day of Resurrection: The one who disobeys his parents, the woman who imitates men in her outward appearance, and the cuckold (one whose wife is unfaithful . And there are three who will not enter Paradise: The one who disobeys his parents, the drunkard, and the one who reminds people of what he has given them."'

[Ref: Sunan Abi Dawud 4930, Sahih and by Imam Bukhaari in his Aadab al Mufrad]
                            جزاك الله خير

Comment

Originally posted by abu julaybeeb View Post

جزاك الله خير
                              wa iyaak

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Working...
                              X