New years resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New years resolutions

ignore the title because I wasn't thinking when I wrote it. Just share your goals in general. Not related to the new year.
    Last edited by aelmo; 31-12-17, 05:34 PM.

I feel that I wasted my whole life, and in order to remedy that, I'm going to focus on my health. I've become too lethargic and my body is always stiff from the lack of movement. So from now on I'm going to start exercising every other day. I will start off small and walk two miles and work my way up to 4 miles a day.

I am am hoping that this will give me better mental clarity which will make it easier for me to learn Arabic and memorize and understand the Quran better.

Another goal would be to learn Islam in small doses. My Iman goes up and down like a roller coaster and thes days it's down more often than not. It's usually due to the fact that I try to do too much too fast.

I also hope that I could get wrongly beat up by a Major Company's employee so I can get rich like the Asian Doctor who was beat up on a United Airlines plane. Then I can finally leave this country.

Comment

I don't think we're allowed to make New Year resolutions are we?

Comment

1) What are you talking about?

A) We are in the fifth month, not the end of the year, you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
          I don't think we're allowed to make New Year resolutions are we?
          Okay forget that I said new years resolutions and pretend I just said what are your goals for the rest of the islamic year. We can have goals right?

Comment

yeh. no new years resolution as every day is another day for us to put into action what we have learnt and be better muslims

currently I struggle with fajr prayers so it's a must for me to keep it consistent, my energy levels are down and this makes me sleep more than I should, I really hate it

when I was praying maghrib I was falling asleep in sujood- terrible, so I hoped to get hold of black seed oil somehow but meh :/

I want to have more energy to do more ibadah because that's why we are here, life is flying by and I need to take something back to my grave
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by OneLifeResults View Post
              1) What are you talking about?

A) We are in the fifth month, not the end of the year, you get it?
              I made a mistake, we are actually in the 4th month of the Islamic calendar. Bad effects of not living in an Islamic State.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                Its almost the end of the year and this is the time where you feel like your getting a new start and start setting new goals for yourself. So does anyone want to share their goals?

For me, asides from striving to be a better Muslim, I want to be the type of person who goes out and does things. I feel like I wasted a lot of time this year doing things that do not benefit me at all. I live in a city where there is so much that I can do and I never take advantage of that. I went to a woman's beach yesterday and was actually moving around and getting fresh air and that made me feel so better than say going to the mall and shopping or sitting around at home.

I also don't want to take things so seriously. I freak myself out a lot because of that. I also don't want to push myself so hard anymore. I have been pushing myself to unhealthy extremes and that just puts way to much pressure on me and I don't like that.

I'm trying to make achievable goals this year that can actually better myself and Inshallah I can do it.
                the Question is what makes you think Muslims are permitted to follow the antics of the Kuffar and make new years resolutions ?

It's not even the Islamic new year,

Have you actually asked a reliable scholar before following the antics of the Kuffar?

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

the Question is what makes you think Muslims are permitted to follow the antics of the Kuffar and make new years resolutions ?

It's not even the Islamic new year,

Have you actually asked a reliable scholar before following the antics of the Kuffar?

I knew I made a mistake the second I pressed post.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I knew I made a mistake the second I pressed post.
                    Jazakallahu khair, no problem, best of us learn from our mistakes.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                    X