• Show
Clear All

• Making the Forum a Hub for Diverse Content

Making the Forum a Hub for (Regular*) Diverse Content

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

What is this all about?
    Having come across this thread by Br Poster:
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fo...he-forum/page5

...I was wondering about the possibility of a few of us taking on roles, making a conscious effort to 'semi-frequently' share (repost rather than link) beneficial/interesting content from other places online, or even our own 'content' if we have the time - but all dealing with a chosen subject.

It could be as simple as reposting an article, a blog post...

What's the point...?
    I know a lot of us probably avoid going on different sites online because there is of course a lot of unhealthy material along with the small amount that is good, and it's easy to end up reading about or spending time on things that harm us in one way or another.

It would be nice if the site became more of a hub of filtered beneficial/interesting variety of content.

​​​​​​So who might be doing what?
    I'm sure we can already think of members who would be suitable for different areas seeing as they already often post on those things.

There's a poll attached... If you do offer yourself for an area of interest, please be aware you may be occasionally reminded ( ie. pestered :p - hopefully not!) to post if it's been a while since you've shared something.

Of course, it's not meant to require too much of a forced effort... Maybe a few people can cover one area, or others can cover more than one... If you have a particular interest in one of these things and come across something interesting/useful, remember, there are others out there who would like to know!

Your thoughts and comments welcome as always.

Jazaa'akumullah khayr.

List of Areas In Poll (feel free to suggest your own)
    Qur'an Tafseer
    16.67%
    Hadith Commentary
    16.67%
    Sincerity, Zuhd, Purification of the Heart
    0%
    Companions, Taabi'oon, Saalihoon (RA)
    16.67%
    Al Akhirah (Maut, Barzakh, Qiyamah, Jannah, Jahannam)
    16.67%
    Political, Global Struggles of Muslimoon
    50.00%
    Humourous / Lighthearted
    0%
    Fitness, Health, Combat, Weight Training
    16.67%
    Psychology
    16.67%
    Women's issues
    0%
    Men's issues
    0%
    Science, Medicine, Nature, Technology
    16.67%
    Food, Cooking, Recipes
    0%
    Teenage, Youth, Education
    16.67%
    Marriage & Family
    16.67%
    Finance, Career
    33.33%
    Sports
    16.67%
    Poetry
    0%
    Last edited by Fakhri; 30-12-17, 09:29 AM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

(If not ourselves, maybe we could tag some users we think are a good fit for a subject or who already post on these things, insha'Allah...)
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

good idea and realistically if we want the forum to not be stagnant

I'm keen to post Islamic articles but recently when I try to post them I get a server error
      Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Good idea although i would not do tafisr or hadith
        as it could lead to people who provide tafsir that is watered down or made to misguide

also hadith could be weak or fabricated

Comment

Wa Aleikum Salam Wa Rahmatulahi

Really great idea! Encourages us to take responsibility for the forum instead of complaining that it's dead, encourages positivity, spreads the load each doing a small portion and hopefully we'll end up with a lot of beneficial threads.

Comment

Br Eesa the Kiwi, yes, I've had that happen a few times too. Wit this post just now actually. Tinkering with the post seems to correct it sometimes, but haven't worked out what exactly causes it...

Br abu Julaybeeb, I did want to include that these be from classical sources, hopefully less controversial matters if posted by other than the those brothers and sisters who have some level of expertise... In truth, I thought maybe Br Zeeshan Parves , Br deeni akh, Br Linkdeutscher or ideally, Ml Abu Mus'ab could contribute here.

​​​​​​​Sr Rifqah, alhamdulillah. Yes, hopefully a few of us can take part in it and that it is easy enough for us to keep to it.

(Wondering if I should put some more of us on the spot by 'nominating' some users... A little mini tagging-spree :]... Probably best to avoid.

For now. :p )
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Above ^

You might not be putting them on the spot, you might be highlighting a talent of which they're completely unaware.

Some people don't realise they're good at something unless it's pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                Good idea although i would not do tafisr or hadith
                as it could lead to people who provide tafsir that is watered down or made to misguide

also hadith could be weak or fabricated
                Those subjects should be taught by qualified Alims, Sheikh Abu Musab is already posting quite a bit on the Ummah YouTube channel.

Jazakallahu khair
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Akhi Fakhri the issue isn't the lack of diversity of content on Ummah Forums, bit the lack of proper moderation, mods are busy I've been told.

Take for example the marriage section, it's been a mess for years and useless threads which have no benefit for muslims.

As long as the topics you listed are moderated and in accordance with the limits of the Shariah, I don't see any problem.

Jazakallahu khair
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Wa'alaikumsalam wr wb

Alhamdulilah good thread.

Also possible to include a note that its a multi-vote poll

Jazakullah khair
                    Last edited by MuslimThinker; 01-01-18, 12:42 PM.
                    Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

I noticed this is in the lifestyle section, its best if mods can move it to lounge section so it get more views. Because worth it.
                      Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

Hmmm... So we had five voters, three of whom I have a feeling may have mistakenly voted for things they would like to see posted rather than offering to post on those topics themselves...

I may start the aforementioned tagging tomorrow to start filling out this list, inshaa'Allah, with willing (and some not as willing but still complying!) brothers and sisters. :]
                        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

:O No counter terrorism part! this is extreme to maxxx
                          Last edited by Dontknowname; 16-02-18, 03:52 PM.

Comment

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

This would be very good, I find it very hard to find things that would benefit me outside of the stuff posted on this site.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X