Islamic view on TV work and modelling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic view on TV work and modelling

We know that muslims do engage in TV programmes, presenting shows, singing nasheeds on TV.

I have seen clothing modelled by women in hijab and muslim men.

So is the accepted view in Islam that working on TV and modelling is permissable?

Examples like presenting a TV game show, an actor in a TV drama or film, modelling clothing or photo work for mainstream commercials?

I am talking mainly about western media and TV. For example these days lots of western shows (in order to promote multi culturism and democracy) include gay characters (men and women), I know of two 2 TV dramas that have leading female muslim/asian characters that are homosexual. Would it be permissable to be part of these shows. Is it like working in a restaurant that serves alcohol...you can work in a halal food serving restaurant however as it sells alcohol you may not want to work there if you are muslim (bearing in mind that to the best of my knowledge alcohol is not actually haram...For example you can work in a chemist where alot of the medicines have alcohol be it in smaller amounts...but alcohol nonetheless)

Also is there a dilemma, where women willingly wear hijab to protect from the gaze of men and keep their modesty, but then appear regularly on TV, where they will be gazed upon. As there are other jobs women in hijab can do that help woth modesty.
    Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Ask a scholar heres one
    heres one

sulaymaan anwar

Type his name on google hes website comes up go on contact ​​​and write your question he will provide evidences and give u a fatwa

​​​​​​he normally takes 1 to 2 days

u can ask islamicqa but it will takes months

in short though u have to leave this job its haram to work in and full of sinners and kaafirs who are spreading haram media

also working in a restaurant with alcahol is haram
    medicjne which contains alcahol is not haram as its for medicinal purposes also its a tiny amount and not the same type of alcahol as the drinking type which is ethanol and the medicinal one does not intoxicate you
    Democracy is haram it is shirk
    trying to engage in other cultures is fine but if you have to imitate kuffar acts then it is haram
    Modelling in general to same gender if showing awrah is haram
    opposite genders modelling infront of eachother is completely haram
    tv programmes that are not educational,news or islamic so basically ones that contain shirk,acts of kufr such as christmas or praying to idols or drugs violence sex swearing is haram basically most programmes
    Being homosexual is haram
    working with women in modelling is haram
    women being tv presenters is haram or being modells on tv is haram
    Women should not be on tv as this goes against being modest and increase gaze upon them
    ​​​​​

change your job u cant work in it
    tell those homosexuals to repent if they want to be muslim and not go hell become straight and leave those shows

ask the scholar for all the evidences if you need them

if i said anything wrong or missed anything someone correct me please
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
      Ask a scholar heres one
      heres one

sulaymaan anwar

Type his name on google hes website comes up go on contact ​​​and write your question he will provide evidences and give u a fatwa

​​​​​​he normally takes 1 to 2 days

u can ask islamicqa but it will takes months

in short though u have to leave this job its haram to work in and full of sinners and kaafirs who are spreading haram media

also working in a restaurant with alcahol is haram
      medicjne which contains alcahol is not haram as its for medicinal purposes also its a tiny amount and not the same type of alcahol as the drinking type which is ethanol and the medicinal one does not intoxicate you
      Democracy is haram it is shirk
      trying to engage in other cultures is fine but if you have to imitate kuffar acts then it is haram
      Modelling in general to same gender if showing awrah is haram
      opposite genders modelling infront of eachother is completely haram
      tv programmes that are not educational,news or islamic so basically ones that contain shirk,acts of kufr such as christmas or praying to idols or drugs violence sex swearing is haram basically most programmes
      Being homosexual is haram
      working with women in modelling is haram
      women being tv presenters is haram or being modells on tv is haram
      Women should not be on tv as this goes against being modest and increase gaze upon them
      ​​​​​

change your job u cant work in it
      tell those homosexuals to repent if they want to be muslim and not go hell become straight and leave those shows

ask the scholar for all the evidences if you need them

if i said anything wrong or missed anything someone correct me please
      ​​​​​​
      which kind of job is halal?

I will give example. And dont mind I only ask to clarify.

A muslim man who covers what he should with clothing, plays a small role on a popular tv show, where he plays a muslim character, an imam, in a scene to do with some muslim issues. He does not do anything haram as such.

Another man finds a job in a supermarket. His familiy is happy he has a good job and food on table, daily basis he meets other muslim on the till, he meets some friends they wish him well give him salam. His job is just to serve customers, take money pack bags etc... But the supermarket (well most supermarket in western country) sell alcohol, his supervisors are kufar women, the guy sat on the till behind him doing the same job is a homosexual and most of his customers are kufar so he will be handling haram food on a daily basis.

In this scenario is the first job not better and 'more halal' as he is not handling haram food or alcohol.
      Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Comment

There are many jobs that are halal still
        your not limited the to the 2 below

provided you dont have A levels or a degree

you can work in a charity, work in security, work in retail, customer service jobs such as transport for london or being a conscierge,reception and administration, personal training , bus driver, warehouse operative, construction, delivery driver,
        Salesman theres many jobs however some require trainining

there are many jobs that are halal just requires time and energy

the way u have said it, its as if your limited to this tv show or retail

and not all retail have homosexuals haram food and drinks

and to be honest the tv show is worse as it could be in a vile programme full of filth and haram content
        where a muslim is associated with this. It could lead to thousands who watch this associating muslims with these bad context

also alot of these muslim actors are having to play a role where the muslim is mocked this can be taken as joking about with the religion and can lead to becoming a kaafir as it can be a nullifier of Islam (check islamicqa for 10 nullifiers of islam)

​​​At-Taubah 9:64

يَحْذَرُ الْمُنٰفِقُوْنَ اَنْ تُنَزَّلَ عَلَيْهِمْ سُوْرَةٌ تُنَبِّئُهُمْ بِمَا فِىْ قُلُوْبِهِمْ*ؕ قُلِ اسْتَهْزِءُوْاۚ اِنَّ اللّٰهَ مُخْرِجٌ مَّا تَحْذَرُوْنَ

They hypocrites are apprehensive lest a surah be revealed about them, informing them of what is in their hearts. Say, "Mock [as you wish]; indeed, Allah will expose that which you fear."

get Quran App:https://goo.gl/w6rESk

At-Taubah 9:65

وَلَٮِٕنْ سَاَلْتَهُمْ لَيَـقُوْلُنَّ اِنَّمَا كُنَّا نَخُوْضُ وَنَلْعَبُ*ؕ قُلْ اَبِاللّٰهِ وَاٰيٰتِهٖ وَرَسُوْلِهٖ كُنْتُمْ تَسْتَهْزِءُوْنَ

And if you ask them, they will surely say, "We were only conversing and playing." Say, "Is it Allah and His verses and His Messenger that you were mocking?"

At-Taubah 9:66

لَا تَعْتَذِرُوْا قَدْ كَفَرْتُمْ بَعْدَ اِيْمَانِكُمْ*ؕ اِنْ نَّـعْفُ عَنْ طَآٮِٕفَةٍ مِّنْكُمْ نُـعَذِّبْ طَآٮِٕفَةً ۢبِاَنَّهُمْ كَانُوْا مُجْرِمِيْنَ

Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after your belief. If We pardon one faction of you - We will punish another faction because they were criminals.

its better to serve kuffar then become a kaafir

although there is retail where u dont have to serve haram food drinks and so on

there are many jobs your not limited to tv and retail
        ​​​​​​

Comment

I agree with the view by this scholar:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqltc96pCSg

Comment

"its better to serve kuffar then become a kaafir" - this is a correct statement as it shows that you are faithful and trying best to abstain from sin.

You are right there are many jobs where you dont server haram food or alcohol. I think that many muslim who travel to western countries have to accept that the society they work in do not have the same inhibitions or beliefs as muslim, however islam says one should be tolerant of this (not become a part of it) as it is a majboori of kind, or a test. you have to accept that any job for example will involve talking to and coming in contact with kuffar woman. even as a taxi driver you may have to drive drunk kuffar or scantily clad women to their destination. Even as a muslim doctor you may have to diagnose and touch a scantily clad kuffar woman, as it may be a majboori of kind, as you can say that he can refuse or only see male patients however that could lead to him being sacked or even removed from the profession.

Also alot of the sin is in the 'intention'...if you did a job because you were desperate for money or it was the only job you were offered after many years and that job had a small element of haram, for example they sold alcohol, it may be forgiven. Another man may apply for a job where there is no haram/alchol etc... simply so he can be with 'pretty women' with intention of flirting and engagin with them. That would be worse in my view.

May Allah help us to do business and obtain our sustenance in a halal way.

Comment

i googled sulaymaan i only found this http://generalsrotr.wikia.com/wiki/W...eral_Sulaymaan

Comment

It seems his website is not available anymore sorry i just found out

It would be saer for you to avoid these jobs but if u want to ask a scholar make another thread on what scholars to ask or check there might be a thread n that already and then find out a scholar who will answer your questions quickly

Comment

Working...
                X