Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Hifz Thread**

Assalamu alaikum

I know mashallah there are alot of haafiz ul quraan on the board inshallah you can help and anyone else too.

I know that doing Hifz can be incredible difficult with having a part/full time job and studying at the same time.

What ideas/suggestions would you have for someone in this position. (im posting this on behalf of someone else so please help)

Ive also posted in this section in the hope it gets more attention isnahllah as this is something we should all have some intention of to some degree and should be part fo our lifestyle, so i hope its benificial to all inshallah :jkk:

To begin with, the reward of this noble memorization:

Mufti Ebrahim Desai (db) has written:

“Mu'aadh al-Juhani narrates that Rasulullah r said, 'Whosoever recites the Quran and practices upon its injunctions, the reciter's parents will be given a crown on the day of Qiyaamat. The brightness of that crown will be more intense than the brightness of the sun in your actual house.'

Rasulullah r further said, 'What do you think will be given to the Hafiz (reciter) of the Quran himself?'” (Mishkaat Vol I.)

Shaykh ul Hadith writes in Fazail-e-Quran that Hadhrat Umar t reports that Rasulullah r “Three persons are such as will have no fear of the horrors on the Day of Judgement, nor will they be required to render any account. They will stroll merrily on mounds of musk until the people are relieved of rendering their account. One is a person who learnt the Quran, merely seeking Allah’s U pleasure and therewith leads people in salaat in a manner that they are pleased with him…”

He writes further: “The severity, the horror, the dread and the miseries of the Day of Judgement are so great that a true Muslim is neither mindful nor unaware of them. To be relieved of those worries in any way on the Day of Judgement is a favor that surpasses thousands of blessings and millions of pleasures. The narrator of this hadith, Hadrat Abdullah Ibn Umar t is quoted as saying: “If I had not heard this hadith from Rasulullah r once, once again, and once again (he repeated it seven times), I would never have reported it."

Tip: Best to learn quraan after Fajr when the mind is most alert.
    Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
    They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Re: **Hifz Thread**

wa alaykum salam
    hey sis do u remember that hifz thread which we had in sisters area?
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Written in Stone - Mohammed Shareef

That lecture gives tips, I'll write more when I return insha'Allah

But personal quickting tips:
      Do a certain amount each day, 3 or 4 verses at beggining and STICK TO IT
      Recite after fajr, you're more lively
      Listen to Quran, listen to Quran, listen to Quran and once you've done that, listen to even more Quran
      http:/www.alghurabaa.org
      Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
        wa alaykum salam
        hey sis do u remember that hifz thread which we had in sisters area?
        yeah i do but it was a loong time ago anna

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
        Written in Stone - Mohammed Shareef

That lecture gives tips, I'll write more when I return insha'Allah

But personal quickting tips:
        Do a certain amount each day, 3 or 4 verses at beggining and STICK TO IT
        Recite after fajr, you're more lively
        Listen to Quran, listen to Quran, listen to Quran and once you've done that, listen to even more Quran
        :jkk: bro excellent tips

what about when to do Hifz when you have work and studies?
        Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
        They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Comment

My Ustadh taught me to listen to loads of Quran on MP3 player or something. it helps alot.

alot of the surahs that i have memorised is purely listening to a surah over and over again by a fav recitor. but you should always read the surah too to make sure your pronounciation etc is correct and that you dont mis hear him.
          Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Comment

yeh i know but do u want me 2 copy and paste ne of the stuff here, like motivations for hifz etc?

when u have work and studies i think good 2 try 2 fix ur self a target each day, even if its small but regular.. as the time goes by u would be learning alot insha allah. rather than how sometimes we do loads, then we have a break and get busy with somethings and end up not doing properly for a while, then going back to it.. im sure regularity is the key. i really shud take that advice myself
            .: Rufaida :.
            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

As Salam o alaikum everyone!

You might want to check out this site!

http://quraanometer.almaghribopq.org/Check.aspx

Comment

Someone whose working part time and studying full time...Would you advise them to learn at home by themself or at a madressah?
                Gone...

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                  yeh i know but do u want me 2 copy and paste ne of the stuff here, like motivations for hifz etc?

when u have work and studies i think good 2 try 2 fix ur self a target each day, even if its small but regular.. as the time goes by u would be learning alot insha allah. rather than how sometimes we do loads, then we have a break and get busy with somethings and end up not doing properly for a while, then going back to it.. im sure regularity is the key. i really shud take that advice myself
                  that would be excellent sis :jkk: get mujjy in ere :p

sigpic

Comment

This may be lengthy but you may want to read it:
                    http://www.alinaam.org.za/dquraan/sremember00.htm

And as for the work thingy...all you got to do is make sure consistently memorise the allotted amount everyday, even if it a small amount. Never take a day off memorising. Once you get past one whole Juz/Para, you'll realise that you now have the capacitiy to memorise more and more...which is why you make sure never to just take a day-off Hifz.

And also another thing...revision and recapping! Keep going over what you have learnt so it stays there forever inshaAllaah.

I Dunno if i'm making sense here :p...but I hope this helps! :up:

Wa'alaikum Salaam

EDIT: sorry i just realised da link that i posted suddenly stops at a certain point, which it shudnt. you can read the rest here inshaAllaah. Apologies.
                    Last edited by jzcasejz; 15-04-07, 01:53 PM. Reason: made a silly mistake..ma bad..

Comment

Originally posted by souljaa View Post
                      Someone whose working part time and studying full time...Would you advise them to learn at home by themself or at a madressah?
                      i was never a good counsellor but anyway.

it depends, if you were at a madrassah before and know the whole learnign business then you don't need to still study by a mdarassah, but if not, then you have to go to madrassah.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Eemaan View Post

:jkk: bro excellent tips

what about when to do Hifz when you have work and studies?
                        Originally posted by souljaa View Post
                        Barak'Allah hu feeki.

Well, when you got both, theres 24 hours in a day, fatsos can sleep 12 hours, work 8, 2 hours having fun and then do 2 hours on hifz.

Akhee souljaa, I've heard from someone who heard from some scholars, you cannot learn the Quran yourself, you need a teacher. If you SERIOUSLY considering doing full hifz, get a teacher who will set a certain amount a day and then you can finish it. I heard the saudis, some of them, finish entire Quran in 2 months subhan'Allah.

Ideally, what I say is, if you working full time or studying, take a year out to go to a muslim country and dedicate it to doing hifz, subhan'Allah, its possible to learn so much, and its so much easier than doing it in UK.

Oh yea, and my other tip is, write down the ayahs on a little piece of paper [MAKE SURE you write it CORRECTLY], like a revision card, put it in your pocket, take it everyhwere you go except loo [i.e take it to work, take it to school, take it to that football match you're going to play in etc.] and then every few minutes, get it and read it..after a few times it sticks in your head.

Do this with about 4 ayaats a day, then when you get good, start doing a page and so on and so forth [lol, so and so forth sounds funny]

*smiles*

p.s I think I mentioned it, but listen to Quran. Someone with good tajweed and someone you enjoy listening to. My weapon of choice is Salah Bukhatir
                        *cool bearded bro*
                        http:/www.alghurabaa.org
                        Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post
                          My Ustadh taught me to listen to loads of Quran on MP3 player or something. it helps alot.

alot of the surahs that i have memorised is purely listening to a surah over and over again by a fav recitor. but you should always read the surah too to make sure your pronounciation etc is correct and that you dont mis hear him.
                          For some people listening helps, for otehrs reading helps more, i'd advise reading (looking and reading) cause that helps more, people advise listening to people who are busy and don't have time to sit with the Qur'an while they're doing their work.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

mashaAllah - excellent tips brothers and sisters!
                            Originally posted by Ibn Khattab View Post

still - for proper tajweed, it's better to have a tutor > more often than not the pronounciation is mis-understood, and "dhikr" - for instance - comes out as zikr, when there's a big difference between "dh" and "za"

at least one sitting with the tutor is recommended :up:
                            Last edited by .Hajar.; 15-04-07, 02:50 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

When it comes to Hifdh its all about intention,
                              as they say cure is not better then prevention.
                              remember take your time and make sure your committed,
                              make sure the ayahs are properly transmitted.
                              Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Comment

Working...
                              X